Zac set for German job? No, Klinsmann will do it. (1 Viewer)

kurvengeflüster

********* a.D.
Jan 24, 2004
Zac set for German job? (Football Italia)
Tuesday 6 July, 2004

Alberto Zaccheroni is a contender to be named as the new boss of the German national side.

The German Federation are looking for a new tactician after Rudi Voller’s decision to quit following Euro 2004 failure.

It was believed that Ottmar Hitzfeld and Otto Rehhagel were the leading contenders but Zac is a real possibility.

Former Bayern Munich boss Hitzfeld doesn’t seem interested, while Rehhagel looks set to remain with Greece after leading them to Euro 2004 glory.

Zaccheroni is looking for a new job after he resigned as Inter boss last month following a difficult nine months in charge.

He was strongly linked with a summer move to Fiorentina and Benfica but he didn’t succeed in landing either position.

The Viola decided to confirm their faith in Emiliano Mondonico, while Giovanni Trapattoni was handed the Portuguese club seat.

Zaccheroni made his name at Udinese which saw him earn a move to Milan, where he won the Scudetto in his first term.

Although Zac then had unhappy stints at Lazio and Inter, he could now lead the hosts in the 2006 World Cup Finals.
----------------------------------------------------

:rofl: :wallbang:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
kurvengeflüster

kurvengeflüster

********* a.D.
Jan 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    What makes them think he can improve them?

Get Renhagel ffs
    ask them, I don't know the answer... Rehhagel has got a contract till 2008.
    I would prupose Netzer and Beckenbauer. They found so "wise" words during euro 2004 that it is now their chance to prove wether they are as clever as they described themselves.

He WAS the one before Eric Gerets, right?
    no, look ...though Brehme didn't have any success...

01.07.1996 - 01.10.2000 - Otto Rehhagel
    06.10.2000 - 26.08.2002 - A. Brehme / R. Stumpf
    05.09.2002 - 02.02.2004 - Erik Gerets
    since 03.02.2004 - Kurt Jara

Jul 19, 2003
    That's right......it's Andreas Brehme. Otto Rehhagel is the one that brought Hany Ramzy along from Bremen.

There was a very successful German coach that led an Egyptian team in the mid 90's.......I can't recall the name at all though. :confused:

OP
    kurvengeflüster

kurvengeflüster

********* a.D.
    Jan 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6
    Another candidate is Arsene Wenger. He speaks German fluently - a condition of the DFB. English newspaper say that Beckenbauer will try to convince him, also by boosting Wenger's salary to more than € 3 million.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Hell I'd coach any NT if I was competent to do it :D

As for the German NT, they have got to win the 06 WC (unless Azerbaijan or Italy wins it). ;)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
    Hell I'd coach any NT if I was competent to do it :D

As for the German NT, they have got to win the 06 WC (unless Azerbaijan or Italy wins it). ;)
    Can you anyone doing it? ;)

OP
    kurvengeflüster

kurvengeflüster

********* a.D.
    Jan 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #14
    Why dont they just get Matthaes?
    ++ [ originally posted by kurvengeflüster ] ++
    Another candidate is Arsene Wenger. He speaks German fluently - a condition of the DFB. English newspaper say that Beckenbauer will try to convince him, also by boosting Wenger's salary to more than € 3 million.
    :D ...you know he's a Bavarian ;)

OP
    kurvengeflüster
    Jan 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #19
    if you want to know:

new coach is former player Jürgen Klinsmann. His partner will be co-trainer Joachim Löw. Oliver Bierhoff is going to be team manager.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)