Yuri Zhirkov (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
if the russian season is over, why wouldnt we just get him this winter instead of waiting? I am sure he would offer more than nevded is doing this season right? that doesnt make sense that his transfer wouldnt be immediate unless I am missing something...
only Secco can answer that

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
I hope if he is coming its to play as LB because i dunt think he is that good enough to replace Nedved on the LW.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
We have Giovinco and De Ceglie..we dont need this guy.

I think the club should be more worried about the future on the right side...RB and RW...Camo is injury prone these days and aint getting any younger.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
when Nedved retires, we will be an LMF short...don't you think we need to sign someone to replace him, in the starting lineup or otherwise? DC is not skilled enough to be an LMF and Seba is most probably going to be the direct replacement for Ale

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i think right now Giovinco is the direct replacement for Nedved. Del Piero has another season left in him as a starting player.

I believe eventually Giovinco will move into the playmaker role behind the forwards (where i think he would play his best, alla Nedved under Lippi) or probably play the role like Messi does, but on the left (which in this case would be similar to Del Piero's role over the years). This will happen when he gets more experience at the highest levels in the CL, but playing him on the left now is a good way of developing and implementing him into the first team.

It all depends on what Ranieri's plans are for next year in terms of formations and tactics. Right now, denting any chances for giovinco to play would be ludicrus.

As for De Ceglie, as he develops his defensive and offensive skills more, he'll offer good service on that left. Pessotto was no Roberto Carlos when it came to attacking, but he did his job well for many years and played an integral part on the left through those winning years for the club. De Ceglie can be the same, if not better.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Regardless of whether or not De Ceglie becomes a fixture at LM, we would still need cover for him... and if DC does play that role, then we'd need cover for LB as well. That's why I really think that Zhirkov would be an excellent option here... it allows for some future flexibility. Paolo is developing nicely, and it will be interesting to see where he ends up.

I also love the idea of Ivanovic's flexibility between CB and RB, but that's another story. We need another defender even more than Pavel's replacement at the moment. Definitely priorities 1 and 1a going forward.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #130
    How could you compare him to Neddy, yes, he is a decent player, but no way to be a replacement for Ned........
    And who would you get?Silva or Ribery?

I know but it's really possible.

I say, get him now, he is perfect replacement for Nedved.

Dule can you tell Secco please?
    Will try.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)