Youth World Cup 2003 (3 Viewers)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
Just in case anyone is going to be watching, the Irish teaqm will likely look like this. Willo Flood in particular is supposed to be one to watch.

GK:
Wayne Henderson (Aston Villa)
DEF:
Glenn Whelan (Manchester City)
Captain, John Fitzgerald (Blackburn Rovers),
Stephen Kelly (Tottenham Hotspur),
Stephen Capper (Scarborough)
MID:
Willo Flood (Manchester City)
David Bell (Rushden and Diamonds)
Darren Potter (Liverpool)
Michael Foley (Liverpool)
ST:
Eamonn Zayed (Bray Wanderers)
Kevin Doyle (Cork City).

What I know of the rest of the squad:
MID:
Liam Kearney (Cork City)
Sean Dillon (Longford Town)
Keith Fahey (St Patrick’s Athletic)
ST:
Stephen Elliott (Manchester City)
Jonathon Daly (Stockport County)

Anyone else got their teams/squads available?
Good luck and may the best team win! Ireland is in the Same group as Saudi Arabia...please take it easy on us ;)

i hope we dont make fools of ourselves again :stress:

I call our group the Green Group.
All our kits are green and white. (There's also Mexico and Ivory Coast)!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
Here's the players to watch according to FIFA...

Wilfried Sanou - Burkina Faso
Gabriel Gómez - Panama
Marian Kurty - Slovakia
Shehab Ahmed - UAE

Fernando Cavenaghi (not Tevez?) - Argentina (no comment needed)
Bakary Coulibaly - Mali
Andrés Iniesta - Spain (now, this fella is GOOOOOD)
Ilyas Zeytulayev - Uzbekistan (he's a Juve player btw :cool: )

Scott McDonald - Aussies (I've seen him play, and..:eek: )
Diego, Robinho, Daniel, Jean - Brazil (it's so unfair how good this nation is)
Wyn Belotte - Canada
Vaclav Sverkos - Czech Rep. (he's said to be better than Rosicky)

Jaime Ruíz :undecide: - Colombia
Sherif Ekramy - Egypt (he's a GK)
Michael Chopra - England (Rooney cant play for ENG)
Yutaro Abe - Japan

Antonin Koutouan - Ivory Coast (he's rated to be quite a phenomenon)
Sean Thornton - Rep. Ireland (is he the best Mikhail?)
Eisa Al Mahyani - Saudi (the next Zizou?)
Aldo Jesús De Nigris - Mexico

Moritz Volz - Germany (germany's next big defender)
Dong-Hyun Kim, Jo-Gook Jung - Korea
Edgar Barreto - Paraguay
Bobby Convey - USA

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -CSD- ] ++

Gabriel Gómez - Panama
Marian Kurty - Slovakia
Shehab Ahmed - UAE

Bakary Coulibaly - Mali

Wyn Belotte - Canada

Yutaro Abe - Japan

Edgar Barreto - Paraguay
Bobby Convey - USA
The players in bold are the ones I've heard of. Chopra is a Newcastle player, he's pretty good in CM4 :D

OP
Asma

Asma

Doctor Asma
Oct 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #24
    fred weasly:i have the table for the timings of all the games,i will post soon:D

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Very good prospect in midfield, but he's going to miss the tournament through injury. :down:

In his absence, Willo Flood is apparently the one to watch. Unfortunately, unlike Thornton, I've not seen Flood play.

++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    Good luck and may the best team win! Ireland is in the Same group as Saudi Arabia...please take it easy on us ;)

i hope we dont make fools of ourselves again :stress:

I call our group the Green Group.
    All our kits are green and white. (There's also Mexico and Ivory Coast)!
    Thanks Majed. I hope you guys play some good football and get a result or two. Just not against us please! ;)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003

Gabriel Gómez - Panama
    Marian Kurty - Slovakia
    Shehab Ahmed - UAE

Bakary Coulibaly - Mali

Wyn Belotte - Canada

Yutaro Abe - Japan

Edgar Barreto - Paraguay
    Bobby Convey - USA

IM really so exited about thois competition!! :touched:

Is the first time ever in history that Panama, a little country with poor soccer history, made an appearance in a World Cup competition :thumb:

I went to the games here in panama when thay got the qualification, beating teams like mexico and salvador.

There is right now a big hipe about that tournament here in my country and everyone is waiting the best for them.

All this week, i have been seing reports from Duhbai, and i have to say that is a very beautifull country, with great places and super cool hotels.

Now ill talk a little about My NT´s team... because i know that no one know s a hting about them.

Like DJ said.... one of our best players is Grabiel "Gavilan" Gomez. He our main striker, and is a relatively good player.

Our Captain is anothe good player, his name in Juan ramon Soliz and his role is holding midfielder, very similar to tacchinardi´s role.

I think that the stronger point of our side are our WINGERS. We have 3 players who are very very skilled with the ball, and the 3 of theam are wingers.
    -Rodrigo Tello: He is a great player at dribbling. His dribbling is very very good and as far i have seen, no one have been able to stop him when he is on his day. He even dribbled a lot the Argentina´s defenders in a friendly who panama Lost 4-1 (dudes,,, the argentinian team is VERY STRONG) The neggative aspect of him , is that he is TOO short and weak.
    -Jair Carraquilla: Very like Tello but with an stronger physical shape. He plays like zambrotta´s role. Uses the wings for long runs and crosses.

-Angel Lombardo: He was the only player who was not chosen from a club. His story is very interesting. Check it out.

One day (more or less 5 months ago), a friend of mine came saying that in his nniversity, was a guy named angel lombardo (he was in his classroom)...and that he was very very skilled. IN the university, everyone wanted him to be in their soccer teams,, as he was very good. My friend told me that they called him "zizou" becaus of his great dribblings.
    Well, my friend and a lot of people more, told him to go to the Under-20 traiing grounds to prove himself and to show his talent... but he didnt wanted. He is a player of a local club.
    One day, their classmates convinced him to go to the trainings... and surpisingly... the panama NT coach was so suprised by his performances that he cutted out 3 players who were in front of him long time ago. He even did a trip to Argentina, to play the friendly i was talking about, and guess what?? he was the MOM from panama,,,, showing lot of character against the argetina´s great defense line.

I saw him playing and i was like "mmm he is good". My friend (who played a lot against him) told me that his best attribute is that is almost impossible to took the ball away from him.

-There are another players in the NT which i know... one of them is a neighborhood frind of mine (he lives some houses near to me)...but sadly, he couldnt beat Juan Ramon solis, and he waw left out of the squad.This is very interesting because, when we were childs and we played in the streets here... my frind who waskicked out of the squad...was one of the best in our district. IN other words.. we had more or less 12 years old... and he was a very skilled boy. With all his skills, he couldnt qualify for the world cup team.

There is a midfilder called René Cohn: A little history about him. When i was in 10th grade (16 years old) René Cohn was the captain of my school team with just 17 years. I remembered him because he was the best player in my school. Last year i realized that he qualified for the Panama World cup team... but even wth his great skills, he is a reserve, and most of the time in the benches. He played in that game against argetina´s side...and luckily TEVEZ didnt played.... because he was there!!!
    (My god what an honor!! to play against Tevez!!)ç

Well, tere are some tips about my team PANAMA.

Panama will face Emirates in group A.... and I KNOW THAT HERE IN THE FORUMS ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE FROM EMIRATES.... so.... what about talking about your team? Beause i dont know that much about emirates!!!.

IMO the stronger team in group A is Burkina Faso.
    Our defence line and GK are relatively well, but nothing out of this world.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    From FIFA.com

It has been over a year since the final CONCACAF U-20 qualifiers, but what an exciting time it was as Panama raced through to a first ever FIFA finals with a top finish in Group A on home soil. Regional powers Mexico filed in just behind the upstarts, and the United States and Canada also reached the pinnacle one week later in South Carolina in the region’s Group B.
    The first of CONCACAF’s two U-20 final qualifying groups got underway on 16 October 2002 at the Estadio Nacional in Panama. Over four days of football, the hosts (Panama) and regional heavyweights Mexico proved themselves top dogs of a group that also showcased Caribbean up-and-comers Cuba and Central American outfit Guatemala.

Stoppage-time heroics see Panama tops
    Panama won their opener against Guatemala in the most dramatic fashion. With the clock ticking perilously into stoppage time and the match scoreless, the skilful Panamanians, who controlled the match and created most of the chances, were nearly resigned to defeat. But Cesar Aguilar had his own plans, rising brilliantly to flick a Jair Carrasquilla cross just inside the far post and send the passionate crowd into raptures.

On the same night, Mexico made easy meat of Cuba in a match that, in truth, could have been a lot worse for the islanders. Twice in the early going, Cuban defenders found themselves scrambling to clear off the line. But eventually the Tricolores found their way in, and goals from Juan de la Barrera and Mario Ortiz killed off the courageous Cubans 2-0.

Two nights later the two frontrunners won again – mathematically clinching the first two coveted spots at UAE 2003. Mexico predictably routed Guatemala 4-1 with Alberto Medina’s first-half brace leading the way to yet another FIFA finals. And group-darlings Panama sent the home crowd home happy with a 2-0 win over Cuba.

Goals on either side of halftime from Orlando Rodriguez and Juan Ramon Solis (this goal was a great SCREAMER from outside the box) sent Panama to their first ever World Championship in any age category. The win also set up a true battle for pride and regional respect two days later against Mexico.

And in an ultra-dramatic match, it was the Panamanians that surprisingly kept the party going with a 2-1 win. A pair of penalties, one in the 90th minute, from Gabriel Gomez saw the Central Americans overturn the early lead – a brilliant overhead kick from Isaac Romo in the opening seconds – and finish top of the group

(I was in that Match!! . It was a battle of pride against mexico because they always beat us with lucky shots, and the wounds of the last korea-japan world cup was still intact. I remember that whn just 1 minut of playing... Mexico scored against us with a wonderfull overhead kick just outside the area. I was like :eek: . But luckily panama dominated the game
    Here is a Pic of Rene Cohn... the guy who was the captain of my School soccer team years ago and right now will play in the World Cup:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    the guy who was the captain of my School soccer team years ago and right now will play in the World Cup:
    Awesome!

My friend went to high school with Harry Kewell... said he just played with a footie by himself...

man, if only i became his friend back then :sigh:

missed opportunities...

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003

IM really so exited about thois competition!! :touched:

Is the first time ever in history that Panama, a little country with poor soccer history, made an appearance in a World Cup competition :thumb:

I went to the games here in panama when thay got the qualification, beating teams like mexico and salvador.

There is right now a big hipe about that tournament here in my country and everyone is waiting the best for them.

All this week, i have been seing reports from Duhbai, and i have to say that is a very beautifull country, with great places and super cool hotels.

Now ill talk a little about My NT´s team... because i know that no one know s a hting about them.

Like DJ said.... one of our best players is Grabiel "Gavilan" Gomez. He our main striker, and is a relatively good player.

Our Captain is anothe good player, his name in Juan ramon Soliz and his role is holding midfielder, very similar to tacchinardi´s role.

I think that the stronger point of our side are our WINGERS. We have 3 players who are very very skilled with the ball, and the 3 of theam are wingers.
    -Rodrigo Tello: He is a great player at dribbling. His dribbling is very very good and as far i have seen, no one have been able to stop him when he is on his day. He even dribbled a lot the Argentina´s defenders in a friendly who panama Lost 4-1 (dudes,,, the argentinian team is VERY STRONG) The neggative aspect of him , is that he is TOO short and weak.
    -Jair Carraquilla: Very like Tello but with an stronger physical shape. He plays like zambrotta´s role. Uses the wings for long runs and crosses.

-Angel Lombardo: He was the only player who was not chosen from a club. His story is very interesting. Check it out.

One day (more or less 5 months ago), a friend of mine came saying that in his nniversity, was a guy named angel lombardo (he was in his classroom)...and that he was very very skilled. IN the university, everyone wanted him to be in their soccer teams,, as he was very good. My friend told me that they called him "zizou" becaus of his great dribblings.
    Well, my friend and a lot of people more, told him to go to the Under-20 traiing grounds to prove himself and to show his talent... but he didnt wanted. He is a player of a local club.
    One day, their classmates convinced him to go to the trainings... and surpisingly... the panama NT coach was so suprised by his performances that he cutted out 3 players who were in front of him long time ago. He even did a trip to Argentina, to play the friendly i was talking about, and guess what?? he was the MOM from panama,,,, showing lot of character against the argetina´s great defense line.

I saw him playing and i was like "mmm he is good". My friend (who played a lot against him) told me that his best attribute is that is almost impossible to took the ball away from him.

-There are another players in the NT which i know... one of them is a neighborhood frind of mine (he lives some houses near to me)...but sadly, he couldnt beat Juan Ramon solis, and he waw left out of the squad.This is very interesting because, when we were childs and we played in the streets here... my frind who waskicked out of the squad...was one of the best in our district. IN other words.. we had more or less 12 years old... and he was a very skilled boy. With all his skills, he couldnt qualify for the world cup team.

There is a midfilder called René Cohn: A little history about him. When i was in 10th grade (16 years old) René Cohn was the captain of my school team with just 17 years. I remembered him because he was the best player in my school. Last year i realized that he qualified for the Panama World cup team... but even wth his great skills, he is a reserve, and most of the time in the benches. He played in that game against argetina´s side...and luckily TEVEZ didnt played.... because he was there!!!
    (My god what an honor!! to play against Tevez!!)ç

Well, tere are some tips about my team PANAMA.

Panama will face Emirates in group A.... and I KNOW THAT HERE IN THE FORUMS ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE FROM EMIRATES.... so.... what about talking about your team? Beause i dont know that much about emirates!!!.

IMO the stronger team in group A is Burkina Faso.
    Our defence line and GK are relatively well, but nothing out of this world.
    Panama is that small huh..

OP
    Asma

Asma

Doctor Asma
    Oct 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #33
    THE TIMETABLE FOR THE MATCHES

DATE CITY TIME MATCHES
    THU27-11 Abu Dhabi 20:30 UAE Slovakia VS. UAE
    FRI 28-11 Sharjah 17:45 UAE Spain VS. Argentina
    Dubai 17:45 UAE Canada VS. Brazil
    abu Dhabi 20:30 UAE Burkina faso VS. Panamá
    Sharjah 20:30 UAE Mali VS. uzbakistan
    Dubai 20:30 UAE Austrilia VS. Czech
    SAT29-11 Dubai 17:45 UAE Egypt VS. Colombia
    Al-ain 17:45 UAE Ireland VS. Saudi Arabia
    Abu Dhabi 17:45 UAE USA VS. Paraguay
    Dubai 20:30 UAE England VS. Japan
    Al-ain 20:30 UAE Cote d’lvoire VS. México
    Abu Dhabi 20:30 UAE Germany VS. Korea
    MON 1-12 Abu Dhabi 17:45 UAE Slovakia VS. Burkina Faso
    Sharjah 17:45 UAE Spain VS. Mali
    Dubai 17:45 UAE Canada VS. Australia
    Abu Dhabi 17:45 UAE UAE VS. Panamá
    Sharjah 20:30 UAE Argentina VS. Uzbekistán
    Dubai 20:30 UAE Brazil VS. Czech

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Bobby Convey-USA

Very good player, until Adu came along, he was the youngest player in MLS at 15 years old.

He Plays for DC United as well. It seems that they have a monopoly on all the young American stars.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    I hope Saudi Arabia does well....

Just a few days ago, we beat Argentina 2-0 in a Friendly!!!!
    i was shocked because i didn't know much about them. i only assumed they were as currupt as the senior team !

hope we do well!!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
    After the WC heard that they fired some players like the keeper el deaya(i dont know how to spell it).
    not really....it was just time for many of them to make room for younger players...

older (even though less fit) players have good connections with the big guys in management and these managers force the coach to include those players. it was all currupt.

Al-Deaye was one of the best keeeper in the world IMO. He's never played in a team with a good defense. but i agree that in the last WC he was crap!! but with an unexperiend defense, he could do nothing. Besides including old players, very inexperienced ones were included in the last minute which made things worse. In the Game vs. Germany We actually had a defense crisis where the regulars where stuck with injuries! (no that they were so great anyway)

did you know that the defender who was suppsed to man-mark klose played his debut game THAT DAY!!! the first time he ever wore the national team jersey was the Saudi team's opening game of the WC against the 3-time champs!!
    pretty stupid, but what else could they do at that point!!

Many players left on their own account after the disgrace. there was a bit of reshuffling in the managment of the FA.

Saudi football is a shadow of what it was in the 80's, 94, and 96!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

Panama is that small huh..
    :D

yeap,

Is small...... but because everything in panama happens in the capital.... almost the half of the team is composed by players who play in the capital teams.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

:D

yeap,

Is small...... but because everything in panama happens in the capital.... almost the half of the team is composed by players who play in the capital teams.
    why dont you try out :D

i know this logic doesnt work with football, but it give a rough idea of a team's potential

Last week Saudi Arabia beat Argentina 2-0, well before that, we also played the UAE and lost 1-0. you guys lost to Argentina 4-1....

in other words, the UAE can beat Panama 7-1 :LOL:

terrible logic.....but seriously, i think the UAE also have a good team and they're playing on home ground. Your group looks pretty balanced. i wouldn't rule out anyone.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

why dont you try out :D

i know this logic doesnt work with football, but it give a rough idea of a team's potential

Last week Saudi Arabia beat Argentina 2-0, well before that, we also played the UAE and lost 1-0. you guys lost to Argentina 4-1....

in other words, the UAE can beat Panama 7-1 :LOL:

terrible logic.....but seriously, i think the UAE also have a good team and they're playing on home ground. Your group looks pretty balanced. i wouldn't rule out anyone.
    That is just in paper... but remember that anything can happen in football.

I still think that argentina will win the Cup. They are very strong ;)

Can you give me the line UP which argentina used PLEASE? that concerns me.

IMO UAE and Burkina have the lead to go through as Burkina is IN PAPER the best team in the group (and surely is) , and is always difficult to play against the home team (UAE).

Seriously i dont think that Panama will advance... but at leats we made it to the WC beating the best from here :D

Hey you know which team will face the GROUP A winners??? :confused:

Hey is our first time in a WC... im not especting too much :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)