Youth Development Predictions List (1 Viewer)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah thats defenitely right on the money almost, Berardi and Rugani are the iffy predictions, but they still have time to become decent starters somewhere.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
current players:
(a) World-Class Starter = 1 (bernardeschi)
(b) Very Good Starter = 1 (Kean)
(c) Decent Starter = 1 (Rugani)
(d) Bench Player = 2 (caviglia , gozzi )
(e) Shipped out = 0

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Giving this a bump since the market in the current climate looks like it is going to be mostly scraps.

Are there any current homegrown players that realistically look like they could fill the voids in our starting 11?

Part of the problem with our play seems to me that we are constantly buying individuals on their talents and forcing them into a system. It seems much more natural to get a few players with talent to develop into roles.
Any suggestions?

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I liked the verbiage before, I feel like that makes it straightforward. World class, starter, bench, sold?

World class: Rugani, Caldara
Starter: Pellegrini
Bench: Mandragora
Sold: Kean

Though maybe sold is too easy, you can put all of them there and be right most of the time :p
Ok, listen. There's still time for Pellegrini and Mandragora could probably be an ok bench player here, and Caldara probably would've been great had his body not imploded...

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Giving this a bump since the market in the current climate looks like it is going to be mostly scraps.

Are there any current homegrown players that realistically look like they could fill the voids in our starting 11?

Part of the problem with our play seems to me that we are constantly buying individuals on their talents and forcing them into a system. It seems much more natural to get a few players with talent to develop into roles.
Any suggestions?
I'd love for us to rely more on the have a youth player as the 5th option as opposed to an older player.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
(a) World class starter - De Ligt
(b) Very good starter - Pellegrini
(c) decent starter - Demiral & Kulusevski
(d) bench player - Hans
(e) deep bench player/shipped out - Romero & Mavdidi

OP
Hist

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
  • Thread Starter #78

:lol: Thank you for reminding me of this. The lesson here is that 99% of promising youth players on ones own team become either bench material at best or utter shit. Between our bias making us over rate their potential and the fact that most promising players never make it at the top level.. my predictions from now on will be deeply pessimistic :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

(a) World class starter - De Ligt
    (b) Very good starter - Pellegrini
    (c) decent starter - Demiral & Kulusevski
    (d) bench player - Hans
    (e) deep bench player/shipped out - Romero & Mavdidi

Oh man you'll be disappointed.

3 years from now, De Ligt will start or be a bench player at Juve or another big club. Everyone else will barely get to play if they stay at a top team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)