---------------------------------Buffon----------------------------------------
Thuram------------Mexes----------------Maldini----------------R.Carlos

Camoranesi-----Ballack------------------Totti---------------------Giggs

---------------------Del Piero-----------Inzaghi---------------------------

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Jan 1, 2003
  • Thread Starter #23
    Erik, where is your line-up bro? Just don't include Kluivert in your team. Lacki has already succeeded in giving me a headache with Inzaghi and Totti.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ----------------------Buffon------------------------

----------------------Chivu-------------------------
    ----Ayala-------------------------------Kaladze-----

--------------Baraja-----------Davids---------------
    ---Seedorf--------------------------------Nedved---
    --------------------Van der Vaart-------------------

------------Van Nistelrooy------Crespo---------------

I was going to put Aimar on Van der Vaart's position but given the fact that the latter has returned from a very serious injury and immediately found his old form back made me put him there. Add to to that his young age (19) and that this is his debut year in the CL, I honestly think Van der Vaart is better than Aimar.

In the left-back position I got stranded on Kaladze ... though he hasn't impressed me like the other players in the line-up, I couldn't really think of a better player for that position!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    I haven't seen him play all too often this season. And I remember one match where he looked kind of shaky which has influenced my opinion obviously!

Naturally, he would be among the subs though!

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    Why Totti and Inzaghi! Well Totti is the best player so far in the serie A! Gazzeto dello Sport made a list with all the points the player got after the games so far, and Totti gotbtzhe most points!
    Inzaghi??? I watch a lot CL, and he impressed me! Sorry!

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Inzaghi? You're gonna pay for that one :D (I agree with you though)
    :LOL:

By the way..........a question: You think Chivu could replace Montero??? What kind of player is Chivu! I like him a lot, but I never see him playing!
    About the left-back: Tipp for the future: Van Damme

OP
    Jan 1, 2003
  • Thread Starter #30
    Oh why Inzaghi and Totti! One is the diving-boy Pippo, and the other is Totti: Italy's biggest villain and gay icon!

I was only kidding Lacki.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Christian_Vieri ] ++
    DP's Apprentice, Friedel is a better alternative to Westerveld? I don't think so. And actually Figo and Ballack has been very impressive of late unlike Nesta. True though Ballack took a while to settle in. But Rickenbacker, I don't know what Ferrara, de Boer, Overmars, Berkamp, Gujohnen, and most of those subs are doing there.
    Westerveld is merely a Liverpool reject,whiel Friedel had a great world cup and has been excellent in the Premiership. He and Cudicini are probably the 2 best keepers in it.

Maybe I was a bit harsh on Figo,but Ballack hasn't settled yet and until he does he wont be in my world XI.

As for the Nesta part...Sandro has not enjoyed the best of form of late,and he didn't settle in at Milan right away,actually,he was pish at first. But in recent weeks he has redeemed himself and is almost back to his old self.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I haven't seen him play all too often this season. And I remember one match where he looked kind of shaky which has influenced my opinion obviously!

Naturally, he would be among the subs though!
    Plus,Maldini has been playing in the centre of the defence this season,with Kaladze on the left. I advise you to use Bob Carlos or play a 3 man defence.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
    Wow, thats hard! I try it!

---------------------------------Buffon----------------------------------------
    Thuram------------Mexes----------------Maldini----------------R.Carlos

Camoranesi-----Ballack------------------Totti---------------------Giggs

---------------------Del Piero-----------Inzaghi---------------------------
    Totti?:yuck: Inzaghi? :yuck:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ----------------------Buffon------------------------

----------------------Chivu-------------------------
    ----Ayala-------------------------------Kaladze-----

--------------Baraja-----------Davids---------------
    ---Seedorf--------------------------------Nedved---
    --------------------Van der Vaart-------------------

------------Van Nistelrooy------Crespo---------------

I was going to put Aimar on Van der Vaart's position but given the fact that the latter has returned from a very serious injury and immediately found his old form back made me put him there. Add to to that his young age (19) and that this is his debut year in the CL, I honestly think Van der Vaart is better than Aimar.

In the left-back position I got stranded on Kaladze ... though he hasn't impressed me like the other players in the line-up, I couldn't really think of a better player for that position!
    Gigi!:thumb:

Your defence!:yuck: Ayala is exceptable,but Chivu has suffered alot with injuries and certainly hasn't been consistent so he wouldn't be in my team. Kaladze has been best this season going forward from the left back position,and puttin him in a 3 man defence cancels that out. Replace him.

Your midfield:thumb: Baraja and Davids have been without a doubt the two most consistent central midfielders,while Seedorf is enjoying the best form of his life,the same goes for Nedved. Van der Vaart's inclusion is questionable if you ask me,but his class is matched by only the best in the world so leave him.

The front two looks pretty good :thumb: but maybe a more supportive striker that can dribble or cross should replace one of the two.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Christian_Vieri ] ++
    Oh why Inzaghi and Totti! One is the diving-boy Pippo, and the other is Totti: Italy's biggest villain and gay icon!

I was only kidding Lacki.
    :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
    By the way..........a question: You think Chivu could replace Montero??? What kind of player is Chivu! I like him a lot, but I never see him playing!
    About the left-back: Tipp for the future: Van Damme
    Chivu could certainly replace Montero (but only if the latter retires because he's one of my favourites).

Van Damme has to grow A LOT. He's very shaky right now and needs a defender with experience to back him up!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by DP's_Apprentice ] ++
    Gigi!:thumb:
    Thank you :D

Your defence!:yuck: Ayala is exceptable,but Chivu has suffered alot with injuries and certainly hasn't been consistent so he wouldn't be in my team. Kaladze has been best this season going forward from the left back position,and puttin him in a 3 man defence cancels that out. Replace him.
    Chivu has always immediately refound his form after injury - that makes him more than qualified imo!
    Why can't Kaladze be in my three man defence? If you have three defenders they should all remain at the back?!

Your midfield:thumb: Baraja and Davids have been without a doubt the two most consistent central midfielders,while Seedorf is enjoying the best form of his life,the same goes for Nedved. Van der Vaart's inclusion is questionable if you ask me,but his class is matched by only the best in the world so leave him.
    I explained about Van der Vaart. I really think he would be up for the job in a team like this!

The front two looks pretty good :thumb: but maybe a more supportive striker that can dribble or cross should replace one of the two.
    I thought about that but Del Piero hasn't really impressed me that much this season (yet) ... same goes for Bergkamp and I figured Van der Vaart, Nedved and Seedorf would do as support!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

Thank you :D

Chivu has always immediately refound his form after injury - that makes him more than qualified imo!
    Why can't Kaladze be in my three man defence? If you have three defenders they should all remain at the back?!
    I never said such a thing and a don't think I ever would,all I'm saying is that Kaladze is better in a 4 man defence,and I'm sure you can find a more than capable alternative to him. Maldini,Ayala,Hyypia..they all have attacking qualities.

I explained about Van der Vaart. I really think he would be up for the job in a team like this!
    Are you sure you wouldn't rather a player like Zidane or Totti pulling the strings behind your front 2? If you don't want a more supportive striker then one of these two players would be ideal,and after seeing what Zizou did to Valencia today I think so even more strongly.

I thought about that but Del Piero hasn't really impressed me that much this season (yet) ... same goes for Bergkamp and I figured Van der Vaart, Nedved and Seedorf would do as support!
    Del Piero isn't the only alternative you know. Raul,Henry,Shevchenko...the list goes on and on.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by DP's_Apprentice ] ++
    I never said such a thing and a don't think I ever would,all I'm saying is that Kaladze is better in a 4 man defence,and I'm sure you can find a more than capable alternative to him. Maldini,Ayala,Hyypia..they all have attacking qualities.
    Perhaps ... I think Kaladze would do well though. Mind you though - I've only seen him play a couple of times this season where he was impressive. Possible bad matches I haven't seen (or don't remember).

Are you sure you wouldn't rather a player like Zidane or Totti pulling the strings behind your front 2? If you don't want a more supportive striker then one of these two players would be ideal,and after seeing what Zizou did to Valencia today I think so even more strongly.
    Ah! But given this is my team and I don't like neither Totti nor Zidane, the answer is no ;)

Del Piero isn't the only alternative you know. Raul,Henry,Shevchenko...the list goes on and on.
    Well true but I don't see them as really supporting strikers like Del Piero and Bergkamp. Furthermore, I think Van Nistelrooy together with Van der Vaart are capable enough!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

Perhaps ... I think Kaladze would do well though. Mind you though - I've only seen him play a couple of times this season where he was impressive. Possible bad matches I haven't seen (or don't remember).
    If you say so. Btw,what country are you from? I bet you're a damn dutchman!:D

Ah! But given this is my team and I don't like neither Totti nor Zidane, the answer is no ;)
    Are you trying to say that I like them? For God's sakes that's like saying I enjoy being in your company.:D

Well true but I don't see them as really supporting strikers like Del Piero and Bergkamp. Furthermore, I think Van Nistelrooy together with Van der Vaart are capable enough!
    Trust a dutchman to put Van der Vaart and Van Nistelrooy in the same lineup and expect it to work!:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)