Your Serie A team of the season (6 Viewers)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
------------------------Buffon--------------------------

Cafu----------Nesta------F.Cannavaro----Zambrotta

Camoranesi------Pirlo-----Pizzaro---------Di Michele

--------------Gilardino------Shevchenko--------------

-Best Italian – Hard choice : F. Cannavaro/Gilardino
-Best Foreigner – Shevchenko
-Best Newcomer(recomer) – Zola
-Best Youngster – Gilardino
-Best Goalkeeper – Buffon
-Best Defender – F. Cannavaro
-Best Midfielder – Pirlo
-Best Attacker – Gilardino

-Most Succesful Transfer – F. Cannavaro
-Biggest Transfer Flops – Kapo,Dorasso
-Surprise Of The Season – Capello’s movement to Juve, Udinese
-Biggest Disappointment – Roma,Fiorentina,

FORZA NOI

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
A lot of people seemingly like to include players from big teams instead of those from the smaller clubs when naming a best 11 of the season. Players such as Esposito, Lucarelli, and Falcone have had better seasons than Kaka, Shevchenko, and Nesta respectively if you consider what clubs they play for and how they performed. Players shouldn't take all the recognition just because they played well for their big club.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
A lot of people seemingly like to include players from big teams instead of those from the smaller clubs when naming a best 11 of the season. Players such as Esposito, Lucarelli, and Falcone have had better seasons than Kaka, Shevchenko, and Nesta respectively if you consider what clubs they play for and how they performed. Players shouldn't take all the recognition just because they played well for their big club.
That's clearly the challenge, which is why I wanted to field the likes of Chiesa, Tonetto, Corini, Parisi, etc. But it's also true that some of these teams are great in a large part due to the players on those teams.

Sheva may have not had the performance as he did last season, for example, but if I were to pick a team of forwards on my fictional team this season, he would be on that list over Esposito, Falcone, and perhaps Lucarelli.

It's also true that players on the bigger clubs are viewed more often and much easier to follow for that reason. I can count the number of times I've seen Lucarelli play on one one hand this season, for example.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

That's clearly the challenge, which is why I wanted to field the likes of Chiesa, Tonetto, Corini, Parisi, etc. But it's also true that some of these teams are great in a large part due to the players on those teams.

Sheva may have not had the performance as he did last season, for example, but if I were to pick a team of forwards on my fictional team this season, he would be on that list over Esposito, Falcone, and perhaps Lucarelli.

It's also true that players on the bigger clubs are viewed more often and much easier to follow for that reason. I can count the number of times I've seen Lucarelli play on one one hand this season, for example.
Well that's certainly true Greg, however usually the Serie A team of the season contains players who have had an outstanding season no matter what club they play for. Shevchenko has indeed had a good season this year, however if you look at what Lucarelli has to work with and what he has accomplished, I would give him the plaudits instead. IMO there is a difference between the Serie A's team of the season and the Serie A's "best" starting XI. Anybody can make a team of the best Serie A players, and many have done that here. I guess you can't fault people for not knowing what they're missing.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Yup, Pirlo seemed rather inconsistent to me, in fact Cambiasso did much more better than him, and I was surprised that some didn't include him in the best 11. Luceralli has a better season compared to other strikers like Shevchenko, but no1 can deny that Sheva is more skilled than Luceralli. So there is a tendency for ppl to pick a player from a bigger club compared to a player in the smaller club since big clubs r paid more attention to.

BTW do u consider Udinese as a big club? For me, I will take it that it is a club that is emerging to be a big club.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
--------------------Dida(Buffon)
Cafú(Cassetti)---Thuram(Nesta)---Cannavaro(stam)---Zambrotta(chiellini)
------Emerson--Pizarro--Cambiasso (Camo,Pirlo,Muntari)
--------Montella--Zlatan--Gilardino(Di Michele, Lucarelli, Sheva)

A little change ;) if it is supposed to be 4-3-3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)