Your plan for Juve (1 Viewer)

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
my plan needs a big investment by the managemant, because it involves a lot of signings.

first of all, Juve should hire Prandelli as the coach (Deshamps probably won't come). Prandelli proved he is able to work with unexperienced players, so maybe Appiah and Legro will improve under his helm (anyway they should be bench material).

I would give Appiah and Legro another chance, at the bench, because if we get rid of them entirely, the signing of these two was a big failure, and a total waste.

At the front:
seems like Trezeguet wants to leave. of course I prefer him to stay, but I don't want to keep players that don't want to stay.
Instead of him we should sign Drogba or Gilardino.
Drogba is realy superb, and I think the departure of Trezeguet will not be too significant if he comes.
Gilardino is also good choice, but only one of them should some.

Players: Del Piero, Drogba/Gilardino, Di Vaio, Miccoli. enough IMO

At the midfield:
Obviously something is missing in the midfield. one of the missing positions is the left winger. I would buy Jerome Rothen for that position. He is very suitable for Juve. add Costinha from Porto and Lampard from Chelsea, and the midfield will be quite good.
Conte should have his last year, at least in Juve. Tudor will join the midfield only in emergency times, and the same goes for Zambrotta (should stay leftback)

Players: Tacchinardi, Costinha, Maresca, Lampard, Nedved, Appiah, Conte, Tudor
Rothen, Kapo (is it true that we signed him already?), Camoranesi, Zambrotta

At the defence:
now this is the area that needs the biggest renovation.
sell Montero and Iuliano, because they are not good anymore. Montero is causing only troubles and red cards. Iuliano is too slow as well. Ferrera will stay for his last year in his career (this player deserved respect), and that's it. Instead of Montero and Iuliano buy Ferrari and Mexes/Squilachi.
players: Ferrara, Tudor, Ferrari, Mexes/Squilachi, Legrottaglie(last chance), Thuram, Birindelli, Pessotto, Zambrotta

sells: 3
buys: 7- Drogba/Gilardino, Kapo, Rothen, Costinha, Lampard, Ferrari, Mexes/Squilachi. (no choice).

the team will look like this:

----------------Drogba/Gilardino-----Del Piero----------------------

---------Rothen---------------Nedved--------------Lampard--------

--------------------------Tacchinardi/Costinha-----------------------

----Zambrotta-----Ferrari-------Mexes/Squilachi-----Thuram----

--------------------------------Buffon------------------------------------

manager: Prandelli

looking good isnt it???

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Here is what I think needs to be done.

Coach: either Prandelli or Deschamps

Sale: Trezeguet

Attack: 1. Purchase of Gilardino 2. Vieri (exchange for Di Vaio). We still have Miccoli, Del Piero and Olivera.

Midfield: No purchases. Tacchinardi, Nedved, Maresca, Appiah, Camoranesi and Conte will do the job. This season we did feel like something is missing in the midfield. But we still have Nedved. We have Appiah who had just his first season with Juventus and we have Maresca. If we could get D'Alessandro or Juan Riquelme it would work, but they are unavailable.

Defense: Purchase of 1. Ferrari, 2. Mexes, 3 Bonera (Trabelsi). Montero and Iuliano may be sold. We have Birindelli, Thuram, Legrottaglie, Tudor, Ferrara and Pessotto.

We do not need anything else. A total of 5 purchases and potentially 3 sales. We have a great squad.

Don't forget, this season we have been showing a great performance with last year's squad until late November when we lost to Inter, after which injuries ate us and only then the season was ruined.

OP
JuveCampione

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    I forgot about Olivera. you think he will return to Juve??
    about Vieri, I realy don't want him at Juve... I don't like him.

I'm not sure we showed great performance in the beginning of this season. we did win a lot, but with poor display sometimes.

and also not sure about not bringing new players to the midfield

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    No, we can't play with just one defensive midfielder. With Rothen traveling down the left flank, and Zambro down the right, this will leave Tacchinardi/Emerson all by himself in central midfield. Thus, holes will be created if one of the more forward midfielders gives the ball away. Against good teams, this lack of coverage will cost us dearly. Not to mention that both Oddo and Evra are almost as likely to go forward as Salgado and Roberto Carlos for Real Madrid respectively. So with all these players going forward, even a ten man Monaco side could find a way to score if someone gives the ball away in midfield. One bad touch could possibly leave Emerson/Tacchi, Ferrari, and Mexes in a tough situation. Don't get me wrong, I love attacking football, but this IMO is over doing it. We would get smashed on the counter-attack many a times.

I think a better, more balanced side would look like this:

----------------------Vieri---------------------

-Del Piero----Nedved(Rosicky)---Fiore-

-----------Emerson---Tacchinardi--------

Zambrotta---Ferrari--Mexes---Oddo(?)

In this formation, there is a great balance between attack and defense, something that all good teams must have to succeed (well, except for Real). My (and your) thirst for attacking football would be quenched, with that triumverate of attacking players, who could move freely behind Vieri or Gilardino. But the side is well covered for the counter-attack, with Emerson and Tacchinardi in central positions. If you have ever seen Roma play, Emerson almost plays in a subdued free role in central midfield; I see him traveling into more forward positions regulary, and Dacourt is kind of like Tacchi in this set up, who both do the holding roles. Emerson's main priority is to make sure there are no holes in midfield, but if the time is right, he could travel up into the box and create chances. This is what makes Emerson such a special player. As I have said before, Emerson is a creative midfield destroyer. I think he could be just as good or even better than Davids in that role.

And with Prandelli probably taking over next season, we know he likes the 4-2-3-1, with two holding midfielders.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    JuveCampione :i can't understand how u want juve to buy 7 players ....2nd, i don't think if we should give appiah and legro another chance to put them on the bench , they should play..

ok Trezeguet , we all know he wants to join either barca , or chelsea ... so here we can replace him with Gila...

about our defence , we only need 1 player , and that would b Ferrari , i don't think moggi is gonna buy more then 1 , am SURE!

in The midfield : lampard would b perfect , and only 1 midfielder we should buy not more , Maresca next year needs to b starter, so appiah and Camo , they create nice combination with lampard..

so i only think we need 3 players Maximum not more !

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
    Here is what I think needs to be done.

Coach: either Prandelli or Deschamps

Sale: Trezeguet

Attack: 1. Purchase of Gilardino 2. Vieri (exchange for Di Vaio). We still have Miccoli, Del Piero and Olivera.

Midfield: No purchases. Tacchinardi, Nedved, Maresca, Appiah, Camoranesi and Conte will do the job. This season we did feel like something is missing in the midfield. But we still have Nedved. We have Appiah who had just his first season with Juventus and we have Maresca. If we could get D'Alessandro or Juan Riquelme it would work, but they are unavailable.

Defense: Purchase of 1. Ferrari, 2. Mexes, 3 Bonera (Trabelsi). Montero and Iuliano may be sold. We have Birindelli, Thuram, Legrottaglie, Tudor, Ferrara and Pessotto.

We do not need anything else. A total of 5 purchases and potentially 3 sales. We have a great squad.

Don't forget, this season we have been showing a great performance with last year's squad until late November when we lost to Inter, after which injuries ate us and only then the season was ruined.
    1- Vieri is not better than DV IMO

2-Trezeguet is leaving and replacing him is something difficult cuz of moggi policy in buying cheap players

3-Midfield: no purchase??????????????? U must be hallucinating, if still believing in appiah,conte and tacchi

4-Defense: agree with some names but not Legro

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Yeah, I think everyone's given their detailed plan enough times. If people can be bothered though, each to his own :)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    in: trabelsi, mexes, ferrari, rodriguez, playmaker (vdv, rosciky), kapo, DM (renato/emerson), gilardino, morientes, return of brighi and blasi

Out: montero, iuliano, tudor, pessotto, chimenti, conte, nedved (cash), trezeguet(cash), DV, Zalayeta, Olivera(will never play for us), and sell others who will never return from loan.

----------------buffon

trabelsi--mexes--ferrari--zambrotta

--------maresca--DM---Kapo

------------------PM

--------morientes---DP

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
    in: trabelsi, mexes, ferrari, rodriguez, playmaker (vdv, rosciky), kapo, DM (renato/emerson), gilardino, morientes, return of brighi and blasi

Out: montero, iuliano, tudor, pessotto, chimenti, conte, nedved (cash), trezeguet(cash), DV, Zalayeta, Olivera(will never play for us), and sell others who will never return from loan.

----------------buffon

trabelsi--mexes--ferrari--zambrotta

--------maresca--DM---Kapo

------------------PM

--------morientes---DP
    I have a few problems with this formation:

1. Kapo is playing too deep on that left side and is not the kind of player that covers back like Appiah or Davids. He can play as a playmaker or support striker.

2. What happened to Lillian? You don't mention Thuram at all. I guess you have him as a sub for Trabelsi.

3. I'm counting 7 new starters on that formation. IMO, thats way too many changes in one season.

OP
    JuveCampione

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
  • Thread Starter #15
    ++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++
    No, we can't play with just one defensive midfielder. With Rothen traveling down the left flank, and Zambro down the right, this will leave Tacchinardi/Emerson all by himself in central midfield. Thus, holes will be created if one of the more forward midfielders gives the ball away. Against good teams, this lack of coverage will cost us dearly. Not to mention that both Oddo and Evra are almost as likely to go forward as Salgado and Roberto Carlos for Real Madrid respectively. So with all these players going forward, even a ten man Monaco side could find a way to score if someone gives the ball away in midfield. One bad touch could possibly leave Emerson/Tacchi, Ferrari, and Mexes in a tough situation. Don't get me wrong, I love attacking football, but this IMO is over doing it. We would get smashed on the counter-attack many a times.

I think a better, more balanced side would look like this:

----------------------Vieri---------------------

-Del Piero----Nedved(Rosicky)---Fiore-

-----------Emerson---Tacchinardi--------

Zambrotta---Ferrari--Mexes---Oddo(?)

In this formation, there is a great balance between attack and defense, something that all good teams must have to succeed (well, except for Real). My (and your) thirst for attacking football would be quenched, with that triumverate of attacking players, who could move freely behind Vieri or Gilardino. But the side is well covered for the counter-attack, with Emerson and Tacchinardi in central positions. If you have ever seen Roma play, Emerson almost plays in a subdued free role in central midfield; I see him traveling into more forward positions regulary, and Dacourt is kind of like Tacchi in this set up, who both do the holding roles. Emerson's main priority is to make sure there are no holes in midfield, but if the time is right, he could travel up into the box and create chances. This is what makes Emerson such a special player. As I have said before, Emerson is a creative midfield destroyer. I think he could be just as good or even better than Davids in that role.

And with Prandelli probably taking over next season, we know he likes the 4-2-3-1, with two holding midfielders.
    I understand what you say about the formation. mine is too risky.
    That will be Prandelli's job to arrange the formation anyway :D.
    about your buyings... not Vieri! :dontcare:
    Fiore could be good, Emerson too.
    I would stay with Thuram, and won't bring a new rightback.

Arif, Evra will be another purchase, and as azzurri7 said, 7 players is already too much.
    but I think we don't have a choice, if we want to have a good+ season :greedy:

sIAMO nOI jUVE!, the other threads are not up to date :D

AHKA

May 9, 2004
    I think this is the best team
    --------------------------Vieri/Gilardino---------------------------------------------------------Del Piero-----------Nedved/rosicky------------------------------Camorenesi--------Appiah/maresca--------Tacchinardi-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Zambrotta---------Ferrari--------mexes---------Trabelsi-----------------------------------------------Buffon---------------------------------------

out: divaio(for vieri) trezequet tudor montero zalayeta olivera birindelli pessotto and thuram

signing's:Vieri Gilardino Rosicky Ferrari mexes trabelsi Kapo and return Blasi

subs:Miccoli Blasi Conte brighi Ferrara Legrotalie Iuliano Fresi Chimenti

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
    This is my team:

----------------------Buffon

Thuram---------Ferrari-------Legrottaglie-----Parisi

---------------Tacchinardi
    ------------------------------Appiah

Zambrotta--------Maresca/Nedved--------Del Piero

-----------------------Gilardino

Subs:

Chimenti
    Tudor
    Bonera
    Brighi
    Camoranesi
    Di Vaio/Kapo
    Miccoli

Juvefreak

Aug 25, 2002
    Nearly all want Thuram and Trezeguet leave!

I really can't understand...

Ok, I'm a big fan of Treze, but he is still the best scorer of Juve!!!
    And Thuram: Ok, he is quite old and he had a crap season, but he only had 1 bad season and the year before he was one of our best players!! So please give him a chance...

I'm sure I will hear some statements/arguments against these two players, but these are two great players. So don't sell them...

Jan 24, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by JuveCampione ] ++
    my plan needs a big investment by the managemant, because it involves a lot of signings .

sells: 3
    buys: 7 - Drogba/Gilardino, Kapo, Rothen, Costinha, Lampard, Ferrari, Mexes/Squilachi. (no choice).

looking good isnt it???
    what if those buys don't produce such an income (trophies, supporters, TV rights ... and so on...) which would admit those investments?? whom will you blame for next season when Juve didn't win the CL or scudetto?? and what is the next step - investing more money?? Hello Real Torino Utd!!

"economical" means --> not wasting money or resources (www.allwords.com)
    Look at BVB 09 or some Italian clubs - there you can see where "living in a great way" ends up :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)