Your own game (1 Viewer)

OP
Nekton

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
  • Thread Starter #3
    If I had a chance I'd like an ordinary football game, much like FIFA, with the only exception that you're playing one person only, you're steering yourself to fame :cool:. Before starting a game you name your player and set height/weight etc, dish out stats - lets say you got around (slightly randomised) 100pts to spread out on your current CM-like stats and to spend on developement potential in each ability). You start the game as a 15-year old prospect without a club, you recieve invitations from a couple of clubs to come and train with them and perhaps get a contract if you impress them in an internal friendlymatch. The contracts would be just like in CM just that you're now on the other side of the table - you're the player that wants the best possible contract.
    Depending on your stats your coach will decide where/if to play you, perhaps you'll end up like a goalkeeper, perhaps as a striker, perhaps on the bench, you're in your coach's hands. It's your job to make the best out of the situation when you control your player in the match. Over the years you try to take yourself through the ranks and perhaps one day get a chance in your national team. Maybe you'll go all the way and play for Juve :eek: What to train would be a mixture of your wishings and your coach's. When you get older your stats slowly degrade and when you decide to hang up your boots you will end up on a hall of fame, much similar to the one in CM with a final verdict on your career, perhaps, if your lucky, you will be up there with the likes of Zidane, Maradona, Platini etc ;)

I think perhaps the depth of CM (teams, players, training etc) mixed with Fifa's match gameplay (with the exception of always stearing just one player and with a slightly centralised overview of your player in particular) would make this game very, very interesting :)

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    very cool idea Nekton, fusing together quite a few ideas from different games. I remember a game on the PS called Liberogrande a few years back, where you only controlled one player on the pitch. The gameplay was somewhat disjointed, but it was one hell of a good idea. Adding this idea into the gameplay of ISS and graphics of FIFA would be brilliant IMO, especially adding a wealth of detail a la CM.

I like the attribute system you've come up with (100 pts) and presumably with excellent performances, additional points could be allocated. Anyhow its a cool idea :cool:

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Nekton ] ++
    If I had a chance I'd like an ordinary football game, much like FIFA, with the only exception that you're playing one person only, you're steering yourself to fame :cool:. Before starting a game you name your player and set height/weight etc, dish out stats - lets say you got around (slightly randomised) 100pts to spread out on your current CM-like stats and to spend on developement potential in each ability). You start the game as a 15-year old prospect without a club, you recieve invitations from a couple of clubs to come and train with them and perhaps get a contract if you impress them in an internal friendlymatch. The contracts would be just like in CM just that you're now on the other side of the table - you're the player that wants the best possible contract.
    Depending on your stats your coach will decide where/if to play you, perhaps you'll end up like a goalkeeper, perhaps as a striker, perhaps on the bench, you're in your coach's hands. It's your job to make the best out of the situation when you control your player in the match. Over the years you try to take yourself through the ranks and perhaps one day get a chance in your national team. Maybe you'll go all the way and play for Juve :eek: What to train would be a mixture of your wishings and your coach's. When you get older your stats slowly degrade and when you decide to hang up your boots you will end up on a hall of fame, much similar to the one in CM with a final verdict on your career, perhaps, if your lucky, you will be up there with the likes of Zidane, Maradona, Platini etc ;)

I think perhaps the depth of CM (teams, players, training etc) mixed with Fifa's match gameplay (with the exception of always stearing just one player and with a slightly centralised overview of your player in particular) would make this game very, very interesting :)
    Brilliant!! I love the idea!

OP
    Nekton

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    I remember a game on the PS called Liberogrande a few years back, where you only controlled one player on the pitch. The gameplay was somewhat disjointed, but it was one hell of a good idea.
    Yes I know about it, but they never went all the way. In that game you could only be a libero, I want total freedom! And the fact that you are yourself I think adds another dimension to it :greedy:
    ++ [ originally posted by Oded ] ++
    Brilliant!! I love the idea!
    Thanks Oded :cool:

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Yes I know about it, but they never went all the way. In that game you could only be a libero, I want total freedom! And the fact that you are yourself I think adds another dimension to it :greedy:
    Yeah, playing under my own name would defo make me play harder! I would love to play as a keeper! every button could be a different save :cool:

OP
    Nekton

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
  • Thread Starter #9
    I can't believe no one has ever made a football game where you play as yourself :down:

I want one!

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    I can't believe no one has ever made a football game where you play as yourself :down:

I want one!
    there must be one somewhere! such a simple idea strange no-one has attempted it really!

OP
    Nekton

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
  • Thread Starter #13
    You said earlier that you had an idea of your own. Will you share it? :)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    it never gets far from soccer based games doesn't it:D

i would create a game where you can be a football player's agent.
    start at the bottom as an agent for an unknown player,then go up the career ladder to represent high profile players, even mutiple ones.negotiatie transfers and earn money,even discuss a contract with your employer.:cool:get points based on how you handle situations,how much you earn,who you represent,who you turn into superstars.build a rapport with clubs you deal with and they may even consider a long term agreement.your employer(s) may give you a request to get him to another club or negotiate a better contract with his club,accomplish it and get bonus points.your employer gets into a scuffle with his manager a la beckham-fergie,you could choose to contact the paparazzi and blow up the matter to make the best out of the situation e.g. to earn a transfer to another club,or choose to keep mum and earn the thanks and gratitude of the club, even get them to repay the favour in times of need.:cool:

what do you guys think of that?

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    i could also create a game like nekton's,only you'd have to be a keeper...not as complicated,only that you'd have to control the keeper on the pitch.you'd have,say,10 saves to make per game and you could control how to save shots:with your left/right hand,both hands,your feet etc.making brilliant saves could add stat points to your skills e.g. agility,handling,strength, anticipation, speed,reflexes etc. even get MoMs to add to your list of credentials....cool huh:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)