|| Your Dream Car || (6 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
From Edmond's:

2004 Audi A8 Large Sedan ( see_2005_Future Vehicle )

Editors' Rating
Consumer Rating
MSRP: $69,220 _ _ _ _
Pros: Performance, passenger space, exquisite interior, standard all-wheel drive.
Cons: Shorter-wheelbase version not offered in the states, CD changer mounted in glovebox.
What Edmunds.com says: This fast and comfortable premium luxury sedan easily holds its own against more expensive competitors.

2004 BMW 7 Series Large Sedan

Editors' Rating
Consumer Rating
MSRP: $69,995 - $119,195 _ _ _ _
Pros: Superb driving dynamics, highly advanced technology, dizzying array of features, sumptuous furnishings.
Cons: Toys can be distracting from the task at hand, confusing secondary controls, odd styling details.
What Edmunds.com says: A brilliant luxury sedan scarred by senselessly complicated interior controls.

The ratings for the BMW 7 Series are lower than the Audi A8. Hmmm, wonder why?

And by the way, according to Consumer Reports, the Audi A8 does have a high performance 4.2-liter V8 (360 HP). I saw nothing about the BMW 7 having an optional V12; maybe its not out yet.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
From Edmond's:

2004 Audi A8 Large Sedan ( see_2005_Future Vehicle )

Editors' Rating
Consumer Rating
MSRP: $69,220 _ _ _ _
Pros: Performance, passenger space, exquisite interior, standard all-wheel drive.
Cons: Shorter-wheelbase version not offered in the states, CD changer mounted in glovebox.
What Edmunds.com says: This fast and comfortable premium luxury sedan easily holds its own against more expensive competitors.

2004 BMW 7 Series Large Sedan

Editors' Rating
Consumer Rating
MSRP: $69,995 - $119,195 _ _ _ _
Pros: Superb driving dynamics, highly advanced technology, dizzying array of features, sumptuous furnishings.
Cons: Toys can be distracting from the task at hand, confusing secondary controls, odd styling details.
What Edmunds.com says: A brilliant luxury sedan scarred by senselessly complicated interior controls.

The ratings for the BMW 7 Series are lower than the Audi A8. Hmmm, wonder why?

And by the way, according to Consumer Reports, the Audi A8 does have a high performance 4.2-liter V8 (360 HP). I saw nothing about the BMW 7 having an optional V12; maybe its not out yet.
Dude... look at the consumer rating.. this single article isn't the last and final correct word that everyone shouldl go by.

1. look at the Cons of the Beemer. they say the controls are tough and confusing. :LOL: I've mastered the i-Drive controls in 10 minutes!!!
the gusy who rated them must be the same guys who said the X-Box sucks because the controler is too big :LOL:

it's confusing to them because there ARE SO MANY FEATURES!!!!

while the cons of the Audi reveals a shocking shorter base.

2. This consumer rating takes price into the equation. I'm not. because i'm just comparing both cars in terms of features. It's like saying Di Vaio is worse than some serie C striker because DV's price to quality rate is worse than that average striker.

Beemers have so so so much more to offer. My Dad and brother spend weeks comparing all these cars (audi A8, BMW 745 Li, Mercedes S-430). from test drives to you name it. BMW (although more expensive) had the best overall features and best ride.

BTW, i'm not surprized that you havn't seen the V12 760 Li. I've rarely seen and 745 Long versions during my time here in the US. Maybe it's because not all models get the the USA. even lexuses come with less features here.

a simple example, what the rest of the world calls a Maxima, is an Infinity Q somethine in the USA. the USA for years had its own maxima.

V12 is quite common .... BMWs have had them for years. They've been competeing with the Benz S-600 for a long time.

Overall, BMW is competing on ALL levels except for the high end, Elite classes like the Maybach and Bentely.

for example, check out this out. Cadillac's in for some competition:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

Dude... look at the consumer rating.. this single article isn't the last and final correct word that everyone shouldl go by.

1. look at the Cons of the Beemer. they say the controls are tough and confusing. :LOL: I've mastered the i-Drive controls in 10 minutes!!!
the gusy who rated them must be the same guys who said the X-Box sucks because the controler is too big :LOL:

2. This consumer rating takes price into the equation. I'm not. because i'm just comparing both cars in terms of features. It's like saying Di Vaio is worse than some serie C striker because DV's price to quality rate is worse than that average striker.

Beemers have so so so much more to offer. My Dad and brother spend weeks comparing all these cars (audi A8, BMW 745 Li, Mercedes S-430). from test drives to you name it. BMW (although more expensive) had the best overall features and best ride.

BTW, i'm not surprized that you havn't seen the V12 760 Li. I've rarely seen and 745 Long versions. Maybe it's because not all models get the the USA. even lexuses come with less features.

What the rest of the world calls a Maxima, is an Infinity Q somethine in the USA.

V12 is quite common .... BMWs have had them for years. They've been competeing with the Benz S-600 for a long time.
But you do get more bang for the buck with the A8, and in most cases, thats what matters.

And don't be puttin' down my A4. It will most likely be my first car, so stop trying to make it sound inferior. :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

BTW, i'm not surprized that you havn't seen the V12 760 Li. I've rarely seen and 745 Long versions during my time here in the US. Maybe it's because not all models get the the USA. even lexuses come with less features here.

a simple example, what the rest of the world calls a Maxima, is an Infinity Q somethine in the USA. the USA for years had its own maxima.

Overall, BMW is competing on ALL levels except for the high end, Elite classes like the Maybach and Bentely.

for example, check out this out. Cadillac's in for some competition:
That looks like a piece of shit. :D I'd never buy that.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003

But you do get more bang for the buck with the A8, and in most cases, thats what matters.

And don't be puttin' down my A4. It will most likely be my first car, so stop trying to make it sound inferior. :D
haha

my first car has a 1.3 engine. I dont like it and I never drive it though so it doesnt count

I wish my first car would be an A4

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

the A4's are tight! :thumb:

that's one hell of a first car :thumb:

but if had $30,000 to spend, it'll be a convertable for me... :cool:

i'll save the sedans for when i have a family and the full luxury for when i'm retired...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)