4) Valencia - Depor

5) Man Utd - Arsenal

6) Chelsea - Liverpool

7) Brazil - Argentina

8) England - Spain

9) France - Holland

10) USA - Iran

Jul 12, 2002
Why is everyone picking Iran over the US? Did Iran qualify for the WC? No. Did the US make the Quarter finals? Yes. What's the deal?

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
Why is everyone picking Iran over the US? Did Iran qualify for the WC? No. Did the US make the Quarter finals? Yes. What's the deal?
i think bcoz non football impression also plays some part here...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Did Holland qualify for the WC? Why is everyone picking them!? Did Arsenal win the Premiership? Have Barca won the Champions League on several occasions? :p It's not about the better team... it's about which u prefer :cool:

++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
You also left out The Old Firm:

Rangers - Celtic: Celtic

River - Boca - River
Celtic
Boca

++ [ originally posted by fabiana-juve ] ++
korea - japan? japan! korea took italy out of the WC so they deserved to be disliked as much as i dislike brazil :D
:frown:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
The same reason why some people like VDS.

juvetrainer

May 22, 2003
1) Inter - Milan >> Milan

2) Lazio - Roma >> dont care :D

3) Real - Barca >> Real

4) Valencia - Depor >> Valencia

5) Man Utd - Arsenal >> Man Utd

6) Chelsea - Liverpool >> Chelsea

7) Brazil - Argentina >> Argentina (i dont like Brazil)

8) England - Spain >> Spain

9) France - Holland >> Holland (i never like France again since they beat Italy on Euro2000)

10) USA - Iran >> USA

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Did Holland qualify for the WC? Why is everyone picking them!? Did Arsenal win the Premiership? Have Barca won the Champions League on several occasions? :p It's not about the better team... it's about which u prefer :cool:
I think that those are different situations with all the other teams you mentioned. To me, the US is a much better team than Iran and looking at the football, they should bludgeon them.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
The USA-Iran match has lots of political undertones, as I know you are aware of. Maybe some people have this in mind picking their favourite in this match-up.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
River!!! the people in this forums are like the only people i know that support river plate outside of argentina all the argentinians ive met here support boca and everyone here does too

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fabiana-juve ] ++
River!!! the people in this forums are like the only people i know that support river plate outside of argentina all the argentinians ive met here support boca and everyone here does too
To be honest, I don't really follow the Apertura/Clausura... but I like River's jersey better than Boca's :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)