denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
del pietro said:
Buffon
Zambrotta Thuram Canna Chiellini

Camoranesi Vieira Emerson Nedved

Treziguet Del Piero
Kind of a shite team compared to a lot on here, but funnily enough they are all going to the world cup, well Dp and Chiellini are touch and go

Buffon
Cafu
Nesta
Puyol
Zambrotta

Ballack
Makele
Ronaldinho

Rooney
Sheva
Ronaldo

Bench
Cech and Dida
Cannavarro
Terry
Lahm
Cole Ashley
Lampard
Pirlo
Gatusso
Vieira
De Rossi
Christian Ronaldo
Di Michellis
Riquelme
Robben
Kaka
Ruud
Henry
Adriano
Zlatan
Trez

My first team is not necessarily the best players but players i think will rise to the occasion, i am very surprised not to see Ballack in any team, as he is one of the best big time players around. Rooney is exactly the same, just watch him go guys.
Henry is too much a shadow in big tournaments and Adriano likes to blow hot and cold
Apart from Makele, i do not rate the current crop of French players in big tournaments as i think their time has passed. Individually, I do not rate the Italians but collectively they are good as Pirlo, Gatusso and De rossi are up there with the best but Totti, Dp are not big game players, whilst Toni and Gilardino are a dime a dozen strikers, how can i include them and omit Owen whom i dont rate.
Nesta is there to be honest cos i cannot think of any central defenders cos i honestly think he and Cannavaro are on the wane.
If Robben can sort himself out, he should be a star of the wc
Drogba though not in my squad , i think will score goals and prove a hit
I do not see Trez scoring that much a) cos Capello will tire him out b) French team not being good enuff to create as many as he likes .
Everybody thinks Brazil will win it, i dont think so, i am not too enamoured with the balance of the team, too many good players in the same role. Watch out for Germany, England, Holland and Italy.
I do not rate Argentina that highly either

Then again this might all be crap and Crouch might end up being leading scorer.

del pietro

Aug 13, 2005
denco said:
Kind of a shite team compared to a lot on here, but funnily enough they are all going to the world cup, well Dp and Chiellini are touch and go.
Mate there is nothin shite about my first 11... Even tho its Juventus, its a frikin opinion... just because there is no Ronaldinho or Adriano... to pull off there own show. This first 11 is more compact, defensive, much more 1 team rather than 11 superstars... if u dun like it... :faq2: off.

and dude its "your best 11" not ur 11 plus 20 subs..

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
GK: Buffon

DF: Ashely Cole, Zambrotta, Cannavaro, Terry

MF: Lampard, Ballack, C.Ronaldo, Robben

ST: Ronaldinho, Sheva

sub:
Del Piero(perhaps his time to shine?? one last gamble baby)
Rooney
Coupet
Riqulme
Nesta

I dun see Argentina goes far into the competition becoz of the tactics..everything is around Riqulme, its attack crippled once riqulme is not on the field...should make use of Aimar+ Tevez
and Spain...i dun think next yr is their yr either given that Raul is seriously injured at d moment..
German is a team 2 watch as they hav the homeground advantage..at least last 8 i guess with Ballack a real threat and Deisler is also a star to watch...
England when on its day is a real pleasure to watch esp Rooney...this boy is a real talent and not afraid to take on any world class defenders..
Holland got real fire power with van nistelrooy and makkay as their main men but their defence is rather shaky but stil a contender..
France like denco said, only Makelele can be regarded as a real star..henry is good but somehow he is not as great in the french team where he is undboubtedly the KING HENRY in Arsenal...
Brazil- got the most powerful attacking power, stars in every attacking positions...their weapon will be Ronaldinho, the jems of world football now..to stop him will be a big task..but Brazil defence is not good as 2002 as carlos and cafu not as fit as 4 yrs ago..
Czech- perhaps a dark horse once again? can juve's Nedved brings his team to glory? very hard..but interesting to see how far they would go..definitely can;t do without Neddy and Rosicky..
finally, Azzurri- Italia: i think 2006 is a good chance for Italy to win the world cup again..our defence is even more matured compare to 02, if Buffon can return to his best, no doubt azzuri got the meanest defence line among the 32 teams..with creative midfields like pirlo and cammoranesi and strikerforce like totti, toni, gila and dp, italy got a strong chance..at least into a semis ...just hope there won;t be any conspiracy this time and i hope italy will face korea once again in the knockout stages and show them the what's italia made off...i am an asian but i feel ashame the way koreans knocked out azzuri 3 yrs ago...a total football disgrace !
so, Forza AZZURRI~! finger crossed!~:weee:

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
-----------------------[BUFFON]------------------------

-------------[NESTA] [TERRY] [CANNAVARO]------------

[CAMORANESI] [CAMBIASSO] [PIRLO] [ZAMBROTTA]---

--------------------[RONALDINHO]---------------

------------[SHEVCHENKO] [HENRY]-------

Apr 12, 2004
---------------------------Cech (Buffon has been injured)

Hinkel----------Puyol------------Nesta-------------Lahm

---------------------------Pirlo

Joaquin-----------------------------------------Messi
-------------------------Ballack

-------------Shevchnko------------Ronaldinho

Kaka also, but couldn't fit him in.

Theodore

Big,Brute,PowerfulStriker
Dec 5, 2005
Gianluigi Buffon

Javier Zanetti John Terry Fabio Cannavaro Gianluca Zambrotta

Michael Ballack Patrick Vieira
Mauro Camoranesi Arjen Robben

Thierry Henry Alessandro Del Piero(c)

Buffon --> best goalkeeper right now with Cech and Dida

Zanetti --> consistent, good at defend and attack

Terry --> young, experience, and can score goals

Cannavaro --> Good at heading, perfect for marking and tackling

Zambrotta --> the best fullback

Camoranesi --> fast, hardworking, good crossing

Ballack --> stamina 200%, good attack, also can be playmaker

Vieira --> heading, marking, anticipation, stamina, all perfect

Robben --> fast, young, amazing dribbling

Henry --> best striker in the world

Del Piero --> best player ever

epoc

Dec 9, 2005
Here is my team ;)

Buffon

Thuram-----Cannovaro------Nesta------zambrotta

----------------------Vieira---------------------------

--------Kaka----------------------Hæstad-----------

---------------------Ronaldinho----------------------

--------Zlatan------------------Henry-----------

Bench:
Reina
Terry
A Cole
Ballack
Del piero

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)