You want to see biased news reporting? Come and look at this BS (54 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

Yes I read. I heard that the main distinction between the two only appear after Abraham (Ibrahim in Islam). Those two are still one and the same person and appreciated in the same manner in both religions, but from there on the gap starts to widen (that's what I've heard anyways).
pretty much i guess...

Hmm ok I might do that. I'll be travelling a lot later this year; I'll need a book to keep me from going mad (only so much of a 'view' I can take from a moving vehicle of some sort).
It should... :)

But the Bible is actually the reason why I gave up on Christianity (to great sadness of my family but it's my decision, my life). It's too conflicting. And at either rate; I believe that when a person is religious, he/she lives by that religion and accepts it as a whole. In my case, that was impossible. Only taking bits and pieces out of a religion and live by those sounded far too hypocritical to me and so I dropped it.

So you see how I got weary on holy books.
That's exactly what's needed. I don't want to offend the christian religion here so i won't even go into it.
Anyhow, i fully agree. It has to be flawless and you have to try and apply everything, not parts to fit you.
you fit to it, then and only then does it start working perfectly!

The biggest barriers that'll face your judgment of Islam is what certain cultures have defined as acceptable or unacceptable.

For example, the case of capital punishment. While so called "free" societies have defined it as barbaric and grusome, Islam sees it from the point of view of the benifit of society as a whole in accordance with its other teachings and other ruling that fit together like a puzzle.
tough to explain really, but this somehow is like you saying that you have to follow it as a whole.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
That's exactly what's needed. I don't want to offend the christian religion here so i won't even go into it.
Anyhow, i fully agree. It has to be flawless and you have to try and apply everything, not parts to fit you.
you fit to it, then and only then does it start working perfectly!
Well that will be impossible; I'll never be a Muslim. But I found that knowledge increases respect. Not that I don't already respect it; but better understanding is always a pro.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Well that will be impossible; I'll never be a Muslim. But I found that knowledge increases respect. Not that I don't already respect it; but better understanding is always a pro.
No doubt! :)

That's one of the reasons why I've got two copies of the bible ;)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Honestly? Two? Wow. I know some Catholics who don't even have one :D
Well.. not really two.. more like one regular bible (NIV) and one electronic bible on my PDA (King James) :)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
Well.. not really two.. more like one regular bible (NIV) and one electronic bible on my PDA (King James) :)
Cheat :D

Fabiana - Back on the language subject? Didn't you once tell me you liked German cause they have such long words? Well Dutch has that too. I asked a literature professor the other day what the longest word was in Dutch and he said there's no answer to that because of our word combinations:

For example: Education = Opleiding | Education Institute = Opleidingsinstituut

He did give me a really cool sentence with long words though :D

De wetenschapper op de toonaangevende mineralententoonstelling was compleet verbrouwereerd toen de meest opzienbarendbelovende onthulling de nieuw-uitgevonden zandzeepsodamineraalwatersteenstralen bleken te zijn.

Cool no? :D That is actually a kind of sentence you could easily find in a Dutch newspaper. It translates as:

The scientist at the leading exquisite mineral-exhibition was completely stunned when the most remarkable and promising revelation turned out to be the newly invented rays containing sand, soap, soda, mineral water and rock."

I can't translate the newly revealed product's name into English and god knows what it is but there you go :D

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003

Fabiana - Back on the language subject? Didn't you once tell me you liked German cause they have such long words? Well Dutch has that too. I asked a literature professor the other day what the longest word was in Dutch and he said there's no answer to that because of our word combinations:

For example: Education = Opleiding | Education Institute = Opleidingsinstituut

He did give me a really cool sentence with long words though :D

De wetenschapper op de toonaangevende mineralententoonstelling was compleet verbrouwereerd toen de meest opzienbarendbelovende onthulling de nieuw-uitgevonden zandzeepsodamineraalwatersteenstralen bleken te zijn.

Cool no? :D That is actually a kind of sentence you could easily find in a Dutch newspaper. It translates as:

The scientist at the leading exquisite mineral-exhibition was completely stunned when the most remarkable and promising revelation turned out to be the newly invented rays containing sand, soap, soda, mineral water and rock."

I can't translate the newly revealed product's name into English and god knows what it is but there you go :D
Wow you really have a good memory. And those are huge words! I still want to learn german and russian, then maybe dutch. They sound like very interesting languages, not like the same spanish/french/italian/portuguese crap.

zandzeepsodamineraalwatersteenstralen and this is a HUGE word!

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++
Ohh i don't doubt it.

I know enough for this.

Sus ojos estan como las estrellas de la medianoche.

Podemos hacer nosotros el amor bajo las estrellas?
Como sabes como estan mis ojos?

Por que quieres hacer el amor bajo las estrellas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)