You want to see biased news reporting? Come and look at this BS (41 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

CNN and Al Jazeera sucks...BBC al the way...
:thumb:

Andy, when I hate a news company.. let say a german news company.. does that mean that I hate the germans..??

it has nothing to do with that, beleive me.. at least from my part..

in my first post here, I said I never heard from any arab news company that the "tsunami" is caused by US and their nuclear tests or whatever they said.. so, basically they "CNN" made this up.. now, I don't know their purposes or intentions or what they want you, the americans, to think about us, Arabs.. BUT, as I'm living here in a part of the arab world.. I haven't heard anything about these accusations.. which (as a normal reaction of my brain) makes the CNN (as acompany, nothing to do with americans) a liar..

unless, proven otherwise, BBC all the way..

Buy on AliExpress.com

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Out of what? .
Arabic tv stations says that nuclear testings cause the the earthquake that lead to the tsunami.

What are you talking about.
how can u say CNN is not a biase tv station...

You speak of CNN like it is a newscast on comedy central.
????..how so?

it is you who compares CNN with regional tv stations.. if you want to compare CNN , then do it with AL Jazeera, BBc , CNBC ...

i am sure there are also lots of regional tv stations in US that airs provocative conpiracy studies..

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

Yes. While BBC is better, I still don't see it as an only source.
that what i am saying...BBC iIS BETTER ( in my case the best )... i am not saying we see should see it ,or any other tv sation for that matter , as an only source.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

it is you who compares CNN with regional tv stations.. if you want to compare CNN , then do it with AL Jazeera, BBc , CNBC ...

i am sure there are also lots of regional tv stations in US that airs provocative conpiracy studies..
Valid point, but.... one thing needs to be considered. Most US news sources are affiliated with larger corporations. It would be more appropriate to say that the independed media needs to be compared with these independant views.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++

:thumb:

Andy, when I hate a news company.. let say a german news company.. does that mean that I hate the germans..??

it has nothing to do with that, beleive me.. at least from my part..

in my first post here, I said I never heard from any arab news company that the "tsunami" is caused by US and their nuclear tests or whatever they said.. so, basically they "CNN" made this up.. now, I don't know their purposes or intentions or what they want you, the americans, to think about us, Arabs.. BUT, as I'm living here in a part of the arab world.. I haven't heard anything about these accusations.. which (as a normal reaction of my brain) makes the CNN (as acompany, nothing to do with americans) a liar..

unless, proven otherwise, BBC all the way..
Indeed.

Anyhow, I wouldn't call CNN, NBC (or whomever made these accusation about Arab media taking a stance at accusation,) liars. We still don't know exactly who said what....

I'll look more into it tomorrow...it's pretty late.

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
this has gone too far already ,, even if some arabic station told this theory ( i didn't hear o r see or even read about it fro any arabic station and i asuure u that i follow these things ) maybe smaller station fabricating to get attention , what really matters that most of arab poeple aren't taking this theory seriousley

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Yes they have, by France.
Yes, in the Curilles (don't know the spelling in English :()

All I'm saying is that I'm glad that USA won the cold war, we would be in deep shite if Soviets had won...

And come on blackmint, since you started comparing the sixties and stuff, remember what the Soviets did then!?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++
Did you know in 1965 the american government overthrew a democratically elected leader in indonesia and installed a miliatary dictator in indonesia, and under this regime half a million people. If that happened to your country, wouldnt you just be a tiny bit bitter at the country who gave you that man?
Holland tried to intervene but the American government back then had already created a firm influence in our country as well through the marshall plan. In an interview with our prime minister of that period after he had resigned, he said that the American president back then (dont remember who it was) had rung up to say that "Your nation may be a former colonian power in the region but you need to stay out now our we'll ruin your economy. All it would take for us would be to relocate our imports and we can do that, don't worry."

The truth is that politics are filthy and power corrupts man very easily. So those at the wheel of the nation's most powerful nation are bound to be corrupted.

But this is never a matter of people. Some of my friends are American and I quite often find myself having the best time of my life in their company.

It's all politics people, lets not forget that.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Thank you. Next time I want to say something I'll explain it to you first so you can help me out explaining it much better with them one-liners :D

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
"If you want to test the true nature of a man, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln

this is off-topic and stupid, but did you guys know that Lincoln was gay?!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

I still find it silly how you guys automatically assume that this is the general "view" of the Arab world or the main accredited media organizations. Ridicule if it makes you feel better, but please don't generalize. I'm not denying that the Arab would have their fare share of brainwashed idiots.
I didn't say that this was my interpretation of the general viewpoint of Arabs. I would have felt the same way if it was the European or Asian media who said the same thing, just like my feeelings that the UN rep who said the US was being "stingy" pissed me off to no end.

Idiocy is Idiocy, no matter who says it.

If you took it that way, my bad.

That still doesn't change my opinion that it was a disgraceful thing to say.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Your full of crap !!!

Keep this anti-American propaganda out of here !!!

btw- we didnt lose in Vietnam, we left

If they wanted communism, then they can have it !!!

They all regret that decision today

No, im not full of crap, I just choose to educate myself and pick up a book now and then. You asked for it vinman, im sorry.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++

Yes, in the Curilles (don't know the spelling in English :()

All I'm saying is that I'm glad that USA won the cold war, we would be in deep shite if Soviets had won...

And come on blackmint, since you started comparing the sixties and stuff, remember what the Soviets did then!?
Vinman asked me to enlighten him about how his country install dictators in countries they help overthrow. Its not too much of a wonder that indonesia have a vendetta against america, except when americans like vinman havent educated themselves and think indonesia is a bunch of rogues who hate the US for no good reason.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

Holland tried to intervene but the American government back then had already created a firm influence in our country as well through the marshall plan. In an interview with our prime minister of that period after he had resigned, he said that the American president back then (dont remember who it was) had rung up to say that "Your nation may be a former colonian power in the region but you need to stay out now our we'll ruin your economy. All it would take for us would be to relocate our imports and we can do that, don't worry."

The truth is that politics are filthy and power corrupts man very easily. So those at the wheel of the nation's most powerful nation are bound to be corrupted.

But this is never a matter of people. Some of my friends are American and I quite often find myself having the best time of my life in their company.

It's all politics people, lets not forget that.
Exactly!!! you cannot throw polititions and normal people in the same bag. It is never a matter of the people, only the government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)