You want to see biased news reporting? Come and look at this BS (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I just watched two reports, one on NBC, the other on CNN, and it was rather disturbing. The report was about how many television stations in the Arab world have took a "stance" that the United States and Israel created the Tsunami disaster, that has killed hundreds of thousands of people in Asia. The report said that some Arab stations and news outlets say that the USA was testing nuclear weapons with Israel, or even to the extent of saying that this was Bush's way of retalliating for the 9/11 attacks. They said that Bush decided to put nuclear weapons in the Indian Ocean as "his scientists knew it would cause mass casualties from the outgoing Tsunami." What a crock of horse shit.

I do not think I have ever heard such bull shit in my life from any news sources. You people say that CNN is biased.....maybe so. But at least it does not make up outlandish accusations that are out-right stupid. I stick with my arguement that some Arab news stations try to influence hatred towards the USA, and that is now a fact more than ever. But the lengths at what some of these stations do to create hatred towards us is quite retarded, for lack of a better word.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
I agree and disagree with you Andy. I agree on the fact that this is probably made up, but nowdays you cannot be too sure knowing how slanted world media is. That is why you have to find a news media source you can trust (ie BBC, though it is not great its better then fox)

I disagree with trying to create 'hatred'. First of all, half the world hate america anyway(which is wrong), so they are giving people something they want to hear. But you have to look at WHY they hate america- invading third world countrys and installing dictators does not get you very far when it comes to world like. Im not blaming you, but America does have a history of taking away democratically elected leaders and installing corrupted dictators which suit the government's best interests (examples are indonesia, brazil and afghanistan)

The problem becomes when they hate the american people, when it is hardly their fault.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    ++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++

I disagree with trying to create 'hatred'. First of all, half the world hate america anyway(which is wrong), so they are giving people something they want to hear. But you have to look at WHY they hate america- invading third world countrys and installing dictators does not get you very far when it comes to world like. Im not blaming you, but America does have a history of taking away democratically elected leaders and installing corrupted dictators which suit the government's best interests (examples are indonesia, brazil and afghanistan)
    It seems like everybody forgets the good that we have done for the world. It seems like all the US ever does in the world is always criminal. True, we have made some mistakes, but we are always made to look like the next Nazi Germany. That is what I am sick of, and most would not understand that.

So you are not discrediting the possibility of the US creating this disaster? Wow...

Apr 12, 2004
    I agree and disagree with you Andy. I agree on the fact that this is probably made up, but nowdays you cannot be too sure knowing how slanted world media is. That is why you have to find a news media source you can trust (ie BBC, though it is not great its better then fox)

The problem becomes when they hate the american people, when it is hardly their fault.
    You speak some truth, and one has to remeber that it is not America that determines which country to "invade," it is our leader, Mr. "I like it in the rear" Bush.

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++

You speak some truth, and one has to remeber that it is not America that determines which country to "invade," it is our leader, Mr. "I like it in the rear" Bush.
    Exactly. Thats where the world goes wrong, you can't blame the americans for what their leader did who wasn't even elected by the marjority in 2000.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

It seems like everybody forgets the good that we have done for the world. It seems like all the US ever does in the world is always criminal. True, we have made some mistakes, but we are always made to look like the next Nazi Germany. That is what I am sick of, and most would not understand that.

So you are not discrediting the possibility of the US creating this disaster? Wow...

Yeah, we created the problem, and now we are sending MY and everyone elses tax dollars to help the situation

I wonder if the roles were reversed if Indonesia or any other nations over there would send us any help

Right now, In Indonesia, most of these ppl would love to see the USA destroyed, yet we help them......

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
    [/B]

Yeah, we created the problem, and now we are sending MY and everyone elses tax dollars to help the situation

I wonder if the roles were reversed if Indonesia or any other nations over there would send us any help

Right now, In Indonesia, most of these ppl would love to see the USA destroyed, yet we help them......
    We help them, because contrary to popular belief, we do care about other countries.

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Oh it sounds ridiculous, but it sounded ridiculous to think that saddam didn't have weapons of mass destruction just before the iraqi war. All im saying is think about what you are told. I think this is bullshit personally, but we see alot of lies the media and the Bushies have told America (Saddam has the weapons etc etc) and you can't be too sure and base opinions of what you have heard from news networks that have lied before. Whats the old saying? Once a liar, always a liar.

America has done alot for the world, but in trying to stay the worlds super power it has done alot of damage, ie installing dictators makes half the third world hate the Americans guts.

Well, in fairness to that response, when France didn't want to join America's Invasion bandwagon, alot of anti France Propaganda was created. Do you say French Fries or Freedom Fries now? Who gave America the statue of liberty?

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002

Oh it sounds ridiculous, but it sounded ridiculous to think that saddam didn't have weapons of mass destruction just before the iraqi war. All im saying is think about what you are told. I think this is bullshit personally, but we see alot of lies the media and the Bushies have told America (Saddam has the weapons etc etc) and you can't be too sure and base opinions of what you have heard from news networks that have lied before. Whats the old saying? Once a liar, always a liar.

America has done alot for the world, but in trying to stay the worlds super power it has done alot of damage, ie installing dictators makes half the third world hate the Americans guts.

Well, in fairness to that response, when France didn't want to join America's Invasion bandwagon, alot of anti France Propaganda was created. Do you say French Fries or Freedom Fries now? Who gave America the statue of liberty?
    Saddam HAD the weapons in the past...

Last time I checked, we never caused any natural disasters...

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    [/B]

Did you know in 1965 the american government overthrew a democratically elected leader in indonesia and installed a miliatary dictator in indonesia, and under this regime half a million people. If that happened to your country, wouldnt you just be a tiny bit bitter at the country who gave you that man?

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004

Only the ones Bush Sr. Sold to him.

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004

Not natrual maybe, but disaters yes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)