Yeah, work those balls foxy lady (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Fashion models replaced traditional ball boys in the biggest surprise Monday at the Madrid Masters, where expected winners included Albert Costa, Alex Corretja and Luis Horna.

Models wait to enter the court to work as ball girls during the Madrid's Masters Tennis tournament, October 18, 2004. A troupe of models streamed on to the court of the Madrid Masters tennis tournament on Monday -- and into the center of a controversy about whether they were trivializing the competition. The 19 to 28-year-olds were drafted in as ball-girls to replace the young fans who usually run around picking up stray balls and handing towels to players and will work in most of the televised matches at the tournament. [Reuters]

Women in black vests and white, knee-length skirts chased errant shots during Costa's 6-2, 5-7, 7-5 victory over Irakli Labadze. Reportedly paid $1,100 for the week, the women were greeted by cheers and whistles at the Madrid Rockodrome indoor court.

The women are appearing in one televised match each day during the tournament.

A Hugo Boss model picks up balls during the Madrid's Masters Tennis tournament. Models replaced the regular ball girls in the match between Albert Costa and Irakli Labadze. [Reuters]
"They did it very well. I didn't notice any difference," Costa said. "It's entertaining, and I like the idea that the tournament should do this."

He now faces top-seeded Tim Henman in the second round Wednesday.

"It'll be a very difficult," said Costa, the 2002 French Open champion. "We've played each other a lot. I've beat him; he's beat me. But he's in better form than I am. I'll go out with nothing to lose and under no pressure."

Also Monday, Corretja beat David Ferrer 7-5, 6-1, and Horna defeated Hicham Arazi 6-4, 7-5. Corretja next meets 16th-seeded Paradorn Srichaphan, while Horna must play defending champion Juan Carlos Ferrero.

In other action, Robby Ginepri got past Juan Luis Tati Rascon 6-1, 6-4, Stefan Koubek beat Sjeng Schalken 6-4, 6-4, Robin Soderling eliminated Florian Mayer 6-3, 7-6 (2), and Antony Dupuis downed Augustin Calleri 6-4, 6-4.

The top three men in the rankings — Roger Federer, Andy Roddick and Lleyton Hewitt — withdrew, but major champions Andre Agassi and Marat Safin are entered.

On Tuesday, Agassi will play Max Mirnyi, a 6-3, 7-6 (3) winner against David Sanchez.

Corretja blamed the withdrawals on the sport's hectic schedule.

"It's a shame that four or five of the best players are not here," he said. "My experience tells me that it's hard to keep up with the rhythm in the world of tennis. It's not human. You have to stop and rest.

"You have to be prepared to win the tournament, and if you're not, it's better not to go," he added.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I saw this, and I was like wtf, those aren't teenage kids... it was funny how all the officials and stuff couldn't concentrate on the game checking out the models

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Thats gotta be the best tennis match ever.........

Edit: Will it would be if Anna Kournakova and Maria Sharpova would be playing as well. :D

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
I say go a little more extreme than that Josh. :D
Andy I expected that from hooters too but then I realised it wouldnt be mainstream anymore.

MissyD: You should be the first player :)

DonBed: What sport is that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)