Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
i have gmail so i get 4 times that. yay

i have like 5 invites i dont need so if anyone wants them let me know

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yahoo just did something that completed p*%#$ed me off. In my My Yahoo page, I've customized a number of European football clubs in my Scoreboard preferences. I often had to do this by going to their international sites, editing my My Yahoo page from them, and adding clubs to track for scores in EPL, La Liga, Serie A, etc.

Well stupid me takes the bait to check out their "new and improved" My Yahoo tease (that and an old boss works there now and sucked me in). So I converted my My Yahoo profile over to the new version, and poof: all my European clubs vanished in my Scoreboard component, all the custom club headlines for European clubs also vanished, etc. Instead, the only options I get -- whether logging in from U.S., Italy, UK, etc. -- are U.S.-only sports teams to add. I even changed my locale, timezone, etc., in a vain attempt to see if I could get around this (no dice).

Lame. Rule #1 of any product development strategy is to not take away features and make things less valuable. It irritated me so much that I started scoping out a My MSN page instead.

Granted, this isn't exactly e-mail we're talking about here. But beware the new My Yahoo. You'll be prevented from getting any customized sports info outside of the U.S. again. :wth:

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
dukevoneggwaffle, i dunno if you got my pm, i dont think my pm system even works as only 1 person has ever responded to me :D

if you want an invite for gmail whats your email?

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
They upgrade in a really stupid manner.

I opened an account in 1996. My brother opened one couple of years later. His was updated in August while mine hasn't been updated at all!

Microsoft could take some lessons from Yahoo on how to do this kind of stuff effectively.

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by Sir Sebastian ] ++
    dukevoneggwaffle, i dunno if you got my pm, i dont think my pm system even works as only 1 person has ever responded to me :D

if you want an invite for gmail whats your email?
    my pm's work. check your pm's ;)

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
    for space and storage stuff gmail rocks ass :thumb:

for communication and stuff,, like chatting,, HOTMAIL

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #15
    Ive tried aim, yahoo, icq, and msn.

This is the order in which I rank them in terms of ease of function:
    msn
    aim
    yahoo

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    no i don't have a thing for MSN. I have a thing for people being blinded by Microsoft's blanketed marketing campaign that fools people like yourself into believing that MSN is so great, and that you can only use hotmail e-mail addresses with MSN Messenger, which is also untrue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)