Yahoo Premiership Fantasy is back! (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
So head on over and register your team:D

The Premiership looks to have gotten more exciting following some big name signings (mostly on Chelsea's part but also in the form of players like Kluivert and Cisse), and there's some tempting names to choose from. Note that this season several changes have been made:

• Fantasy football is back. We've kept the best elements of last year's game but made a few changes to make it even more interesting and realistic.
• New rules: Your transfer market dealings are more crucial than ever to your success. You start out with a kitty of 100m, but that can drop if you buy expensive duds and then sell them when their value drops. Buy players on the cheap who then deliver and you'll make yourself a pot of money to splash out on improving your team!
• Last season you didn't need to think too much about the defence as long as your forwards were banging them in, but not any more. Goals are worth 5 (plus 3 for a shot on target) instead of 8 and defenders get a 5 point clean sheet bonus, so make sure you spend a bit more time selecting your backline! You might even want to try a new formation to capitalise on the new points changes.
• Top Tips: Watch out for new signings. Next time Chelsea decide they need another £20m midfielder, it won't be long before you can select him!
• Sometimes players will play two games in a week, which could mean double the points!
• Keep an eye on your keeper and defenders. If you think their team is in for a drubbing drop them quick!

Group ID #:10187
Password: forzajuve
(I know, how original right? :rolleyes:)

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    I was getting that for a while, but I tried it just then and it worked :)

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    Ok ive signed up..

I won the euro 2004 fantasy football, could i make it a double? :D

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    not if i have anything to do with it :devil:

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    Ha! :DMy only rival back then was beaver fc... and i never found out who he was in this forum!!

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Yeah -- Yahoo UK was having all sorts of sign-up issues over the weekend. It seems fixed now.

Gotta say though -- their latest version seems even more clunky than usual. You get what you pay for I suppose. But now you can't search on player names, you can't link out to player bios, etc. (And what's with Izzet as the highest price middie when he was a leader in the performance-for-peanuts category last season?)

These new scoring rules are going to be interesting. I'm probably going to start a 4-4-2 formation out of financial necessity anyway...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Ok, I'm going to sign up. In order to help each other a bit maybe we can post probable line-ups and an injury list.

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    chelsea next season:

----kezman-------drogba-------

-Duff----Lampard--- ?open? --robben

--Bridge---Terry---Calvahro----ferreria

----------------------Cech------------------

EMMY

Jul 2, 2004
    I already sign in and joined the group. :D

Good luck to all (of us), too. :thumb:

one problem I get, I can't post the message. What happen?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)