Xherdan Shaqiri - Winger - Bayern Munich (2 Viewers)

Do you want Shaqiri at Juve?

• YES

• NO

• Undecided idiot

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
The main point of signing him now if he is available is to give him a chance to bed into the trequartista role in the Juve squad, adjust to Serie A and perhaps equally importantly, stop him signing for another club from where it would be much trickier to prise him free in the future.

Liverpool are not going to qualify for the champions league, and neither will Inter. Which plays into our hands in terms of the player's wishes. Also explains why their offers are stronger than ours.

Given we have no natural trequartista and Pereyra still has much to learn - above all else in the shooting department - shqairi would be a wonderful signing. He is quick, physically robust, talented and confident. Probably a bit raw with the end product but far more promising a talent than our present main option for the role in Pereyra.

Vidal and Pogba could probably play up there also, but their value to the team is greater when they are deployed deeper as CMs. Vidal can be a monster in the tackle and Pogba, when he wins the ball from deep, is absolutely superb at driving forward avoiding challenges, brushing off opponents with often little more than a wave of his hand in their direction...

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Not a huge fan of Shaqiri. Think he's a bit lacking in the brains and technique categories. Compared to our other options he looks like Messi.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I Shaq goes to Inter, then he has no ambition and is all money.
He can prove himself with first team football and CL in Juve. Is a no brainer totally.
Alternatively, it could also mean we are being cheap and not interested enough in acquiring his services. It goes both ways Bro.

However, if Inter manage to outbid us :lol: :howler:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Not a huge fan of Shaqiri. Think he's a bit lacking in the brains and technique categories. Compared to our other options he looks like Messi.
I think that's our staffs plan all along. Be linked with the likes of Sneijder, Diamanti etc. and then buy Shaqiri so people would be like 'yesssss, we avoided pure trash and got the average trash instead!'. :p

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I think that's our staffs plan all along. Be linked with the likes of Sneijder, Diamanti etc. and then buy Shaqiri so people would be like 'yesssss, we avoided pure trash and got the average trash instead!'. :p
Sometimes i wonder if we'll ever compete with the big teams again.

If we'll ever aim for better and bigger players that the likes of Tottenham aim for.

I hate the oil clubs and how they inflict the market overpricing shit players but i also hate being poor and having a hard time to hold on to a player of Shaqiri's level, average.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Sometimes i wonder if we'll ever compete with the big teams again.

If we'll ever aim for better and bigger players that the likes of Tottenham aim for.

I hate the oil clubs and how they inflict the market overpricing $#@! players but i also hate being poor and having a hard time to hold on to a player of Shaqiri's level, average.
Well to be honest, our revenue is closer to Tottenham's than it is to any of those giants, I'm afraid...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)