Xabi Alonso (2 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Pull your pants up before someone sees you.
You think I'm happy when some people say it's a "done" deal and weeks later say well, it was a done deal...everything was signed and at Juve's conditions but the COACH decided to go for someone else.

Never trust what you read on the net, not even what I say since it comes from those f*ckers on other boards.

Yeah sure, we might of agreed with both player and club and in the end Ranieri chose Poulsen instead so screw those gurus and screw Ranieri, Secco, Blanc, Cobolii...

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
You think I'm happy when some people say it's a "done" deal and weeks later say well, it was a done deal...everything was signed and at Juve's conditions but the COACH decided to go for someone else.

Never trust what you read on the net, not even what I say since it comes from those f*ckers on other boards.

Yeah sure, we might of agreed with both player and club and in the end Ranieri chose Poulsen instead so screw those gurus and screw Ranieri, Secco, Blanc, Cobolii...
Mark has a point here. Ppl should have learned a lesson or two from the milito Saga last year. Everything written here or elsewhere is just gossip and speculation. As much as we love this forum, we must admit for once that we could not trust anyone till it's official. :hug:

David01

Aug 20, 2006

how did you know?
ok I zipped my pants up again
I know there are a lot of rumours and even more bs on the net
I just pay a little more attention when the 'news' comes from certain people over here, you being one of them
don't feel offended
I still value your opinion highly

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
how did you know?
ok I zipped my pants up again
I know there are a lot of rumours and even more bs on the net
I just pay a little more attention when the 'news' comes from certain people over here, you being one of them
don't feel offended
I still value your opinion highly

you know why? I try to post here what I think might happen or what makes sense. Xabi to Juve made sense. Every media talked about it and those gurus might be right to say Ranieri chose a different road. The one to defend defend defend. :cry: Just don't say the papers are signed and stuff. :mad:

I won't give up on this since the mercato is not over and that if Pool buy Barry they'll still have to sell Xabi. But that's just the delusional me.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Juventus Is Like Doughnut - Ranieri
7/12/08

Juventus manager Claudio Ranieri has sensationally compared his side to a doughnut. The comments came from the Tinkerman at a press conference from the Turin club's preseason training camp.

"My team is a like a doughnut," Ranieri proclaimed. "It's like a big doughnut that is tasty and fulfilling with nice sprinkles on the top but yet there remains a hole in the center. We are looking to fill the hole with somebody sweet and milky, like a cream. We will fill our hole with Boston custard cream."

While there is no proof of Ranieri stating this, we at Goal Dot Com assure you that this story is true and we take pride in reporting the real issues that grace football news. Take pride in our stories knowing that we report real stuff, and Glenn Di Battista confirms that we are better than Reuters. We're fucking douchebags.

Derek Wanker, GOAL.com
:lol:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
im completely out of the loop...and in a hurry! what happened? from what i gather we've found out that Alonso was as good as a done deal but Ranieri changed his mind! WHAHHH????

and u give a guy a rap!! tell me im full of shit

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
you know why? I try to post here what I think might happen or what makes sense. Xabi to Juve made sense. Every media talked about it and those gurus might be right to say Ranieri chose a different road. The one to defend defend defend. :cry: Just don't say the papers are signed and stuff. :mad:

I won't give up on this since the mercato is not over and that if Pool buy Barry they'll still have to sell Xabi. But that's just the delusional me.
well yes... that's the internet; in 2 mins, you can declare yourself a 'guru' or something. I was the first to 'confirm' your post about that 'notorious tuesday', because i read it on vecchiasignora. And i don't even blame that one guy over there. He probably was fooled himself, it's just like that. There's nothing we can do about it. We still appreciate the 'inside-hints' you provide, heads-up :)

As for Alonso, well there's VERY little talk right now and everything ponts towards a juve 08/09 WITHOUT the Spaniard. But if we all think about it for a minute, take a step back and look at what happened, i think we are making the right think not to give in to pool's game. We offered something around 16mio they wanted something more than 20mio. That's not just a sum you can 'discuss' about. It's like 20% difference, and that's a whole lot of money. In the end, Alonso is surely a wonderful player, but is he THAT world-class really? I already posted the question here. I'd be the first to welcome alonso, don't get me wrong, but in the end, 20mio could be spend otherwise i think. We have Tiago in that position, and i don't know really how much better alonso really is. I don't want to make him any worse than he is, but is he really THAT MUCH better that he'd be worth spending 20mio and benching the 13mio-tiago?

I'm not that sad that we signed Poulsen. We need a sub for sissoko at least, or if we play with 2 DMs, we need at least one replacement-DM (Zanetti/Sissoko/Poulsen - 3 people for 2 positions, that's definately NOT top-depth). The price was ok (he is considered one of the best DMs in Spain right now)... Let him show he's worth it. Gattuso said an interesting thing about poulsen, and i agree with him; he said that at the very least, poulsen has showed that he has some balls for coming to Serie-A where he's surely not the most welcome.

Let's wait; There's supposed to be a 'surprise' remember... tomorrow we'll know probably. If we look at it as a whole, i must say that i'm a little disappointed; we were promised 'lampard-like' transfers (quote!) and end up with amauri, knezevic, mellberg and poulsen; except the first i don't know really... but that so-called fans are now canceling their subscriptions or call poulsen names is just not acceptable... It's not THAT bad in the end. We recalled a lot of young people and still have everything to show.

Durden

May 11, 2006
I think the disappointment here is that we dont get the stars and we dont go after the big talents. Instead we buy "average" and safe players like Andrade, Almiron, Poulsen etc.

JuventusFan

Jul 12, 2002

First, I would like to thank you Mark. You made an effort with the best of intensions to keep us updated about the whole transfer saga, I haven't been posting in this thread (except once maybe), but I've been reading the posts on a daily basis. There were signs of a deal, and you informed us about them through your sources.

In my opinion, the deal fell through mainly because of Liverpool's high price and Xabi Alonso's reluctance to make a decision. Liverpool wanted at least 20 million Euros, some reports mentioned that they wanted even more, which is significantly higher than Juve's reported 16m bid. And Xabi Alonso stated that he was happy at Liverpool several times, we thought that he might have been diplomatic in those comments, but he might have been more serious about them than we thought. He mentioned Juve only once, and that was before Euro 2008, he wasn't even that certain at the time, he might have changed his mind since then.

It would have been great to have Xabi Alonso at Juve, but given the circumstances of the transfer, I don't blame the board for pulling out of the deal. Liverpool's asking price is too high and Xabi might have decided to stay at Liverpool anyways.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
There is over a month left of the transfer window,lets wait and see till when it closes to see if we sign a creative midfielder,if nothing happens i hope for Giovinco to start most games,or that mouthwatering front 3 of Trez Amauri and DP will be useless without service.

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
I don't think that we have a problem with "Bringing stars" here in the forums. It's been 10 years that I'm watching Juventus and it has been like that all the way :

3 or 4 world class players and the rest are hard-workers, let me remind u of Torricelli, Dilivio ....

Isn't it ?

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
well yes... that's the internet; in 2 mins, you can declare yourself a 'guru' or something. I was the first to 'confirm' your post about that 'notorious tuesday', because i read it on vecchiasignora. And i don't even blame that one guy over there. He probably was fooled himself, it's just like that. There's nothing we can do about it. We still appreciate the 'inside-hints' you provide, heads-up :)

As for Alonso, well there's VERY little talk right now and everything ponts towards a juve 08/09 WITHOUT the Spaniard. But if we all think about it for a minute, take a step back and look at what happened, i think we are making the right think not to give in to pool's game. We offered something around 16mio they wanted something more than 20mio. That's not just a sum you can 'discuss' about. It's like 20% difference, and that's a whole lot of money. In the end, Alonso is surely a wonderful player, but is he THAT world-class really? I already posted the question here. I'd be the first to welcome alonso, don't get me wrong, but in the end, 20mio could be spend otherwise i think. We have Tiago in that position, and i don't know really how much better alonso really is. I don't want to make him any worse than he is, but is he really THAT MUCH better that he'd be worth spending 20mio and benching the 13mio-tiago?

I'm not that sad that we signed Poulsen. We need a sub for sissoko at least, or if we play with 2 DMs, we need at least one replacement-DM (Zanetti/Sissoko/Poulsen - 3 people for 2 positions, that's definately NOT top-depth). The price was ok (he is considered one of the best DMs in Spain right now)... Let him show he's worth it. Gattuso said an interesting thing about poulsen, and i agree with him; he said that at the very least, poulsen has showed that he has some balls for coming to Serie-A where he's surely not the most welcome.

Let's wait; There's supposed to be a 'surprise' remember... tomorrow we'll know probably. If we look at it as a whole, i must say that i'm a little disappointed; we were promised 'lampard-like' transfers (quote!) and end up with amauri, knezevic, mellberg and poulsen; except the first i don't know really... but that so-called fans are now canceling their subscriptions or call poulsen names is just not acceptable... It's not THAT bad in the end. We recalled a lot of young people and still have everything to show.

I disagree in some things.First of all

but is he really THAT MUCH better that he'd be worth spending 20mio and benching the 13mio-tiago?
the price doesn't say much.We spent 13 M for Tiago and he didn't deliver.Gigli said he will leave, and I agree if we take a good fee.So yes, if Xabi plays as he played with Liverpool he is much better than an underachiving Tiago.

I'm not that sad that we signed Poulsen.
Nor I.Poulsen is a good player but he is simply NOT what we needed.And 10 M is very much, for a player who won't improve the team much.We needed a sub for Sissoko?We have Zanetti and Marchisio.
We could keep these 10 M and spend them in a LB

It's not THAT bad in the end. We recalled a lot of young people and still have everything to show.

My friend, the season is not like a film for which we know it will surely have a good end.
We all hope that the youngsters will play well, but what will happen if they don't?
We maybe have passion but we still lack quality, in the defence and in the centre of the midfeld

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003

Although we don't have a basis for comparison in Serie A but i really don't think Tiago is even in the same level as Alonso. Xabi has a lot of presence in the midfield and demands to get the ball. The trust he is shown by the players around him is simply great, something that Tiago couldn't do in every game he had played. All the games he's played you could see that he couldn't establish that himself as much of a force on the field.

Xabi could come in here and have that same feeling of being lost, as you get a lot more time and space in Spain and England than in Italy.

I dont think there is room for another central midfielder. That is because i hope Marchisio could get a decent amount of games and i have a feeling Tiago is staying. So Xabi will not be coming here imo. Maybe a they bring in a trequarista after qualifying for the CL but i highly doubt it as well.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Man seriously u should stop dreaming and face the facts. our officials said that they'll get one mid and a sub keeper (they never lied about these stuff before :smoke: )
Not that they arent upfront in what they say usually, but dont read too much into it. Because do you know what they did when they said their only signings will be of a mid and a goalie? They signed Knezevic directly after (and now, a small chance they might get yet another defender). They outlined their prime target areas, but its not as set in stone as you want to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)