Xabi Alonso (15 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Today meeting between Xabi's agent and our staff to talk about Xabi.

Btw looks like Liveropool wants 25mln for him.

Edit: Some other sources say 17-20mln euros
They want 18.we offer 17.so i guess there will be no problems.

the 25 mil,was mentioned if they don't sign Barry or something.
but i think they know we wont pay 25.
18 mil is the price and we should close the deal as fast as we can.

Btw,1 thing i hope we can do is to have at least an agreement with Xabi before the Euro,we don't need other clubs to step in the race(ala Real).

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Madrid's role will be crucial here.

Plus,Alonso's agent would be Turin after getting permission from Liverpool,rite?if that isnt the case,then we might end up pissing LFC off.
I guess it's after permission.talk to the player,if he wants,we'll make business with you.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Xabi would be great signing.....his passing are terrific, he's not a dribbler, and isn't as mobile as many other mid fielders, but his distribution is just amazing.

Liverpool dont really need him as they have Marcherano who plays holding very effectively plus a good distributor as well, and oobviously they've got Gerrard to fill the other spot, with Lucas growing up as well. It'd be good for them to cash in.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
Agreed. If they decide they really want him then we're in trouble. They can easily outbid us and Xabi might be tempted by a return to Spain.
That and also the fact (not sure if its fact though) that I cant remember a single Spanish international regular playing in Serie A....infact, cant really remember ANY Spanish player playing in Serie A now and in the past

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Agreed. If they decide they really want him then we're in trouble. They can easily outbid us and Xabi might be tempted by a return to Spain.
Not just might,he would definatley go to Spain incase a major team makes an offer.He's pretty big on family n stuff.

That and also the fact (not sure if its fact though) that I cant remember a single Spanish international regular playing in Serie A....infact, cant really remember ANY Spanish player playing in Serie A now and in the past
Portillo,Mendieta,Helguera,Farinos,Luis Suarez..
Spanish players have played in Italy,but the silly 'Spanish players dont succeed in Italy' notion hasnt gone away.

For the record Luis Suarez played In Italy,for almost 10 seasons,and he was brilliant.

Nationality hasnt got anything to do with it.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
But they play in Italy.Thats what i was replying to initially as Brixity said that he couldnt think of any spaniards who had done so.And ofcourse they were crap.But that doesnt mean that every spanish player will fail in Italy.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Hey, he's Basque, that's something completely different :)
The other Basque who played in Italy failed, though. (Mendieta)

P.S: And there is one more Basque who was successfull in Italy (Deschamps)

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
Oh - Thanks. All those guys werent even ringing a bell in my head. Is buffon right in saying Aquilani will turn out better than Xabi?
Though they play differnt midfield roles imo since Aquilani is more box-to-box and Xabi is more deep lying playmaker who dont particularly tackle well eg Pirlo and Carrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)