Xabi Alonso (3 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2006
I am so glad we sold Patrick.

Thank god for that. Momo is a blessing.

As for Walcott I think he is good he just gets way to nervous in front of goal and lacks the final pass but at 18 he is pretty nuts. He will be better than Rooney when he peaks I would imagine as long as he can stay injury free and get some finishing composure.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Schwarzer to be Buffon understudy

Middlesbrough’s Mark Schwarzer is set to be Juventus’ new second choice goalkeeper, according to the Corriere dello Sport.

The newspaper maintains that Schwarzer will join the Bianconeri on a free transfer in the summer, when his contract with the Premiership club expires.

The Australian international is the prime choice to act as understudy to Gianluigi Buffon, whose back problems have been forcing Juve to reconsider their priorities.

Next season he may need to rest occasionally, especially with the Champions League games on top of the fixture list, and current number two Emanuele Belardi is not considered up to the task.

Over the past few weeks there have been reports that Fiorentina, Tottenham, Manchester City, Bayern Munich and Celtic were all interested in Schwarzer.

According to the Corriere dello Sport, Juventus have beaten the competition to secure a deal with the goalkeeper.

channel 4

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I mean, he does have obvious talent, but he's just another victim of the hyped English media. Walcott this, Walcott that, Walcott next Rooney, excuse me while I barf up my fish and chips, Englunders.
lol so true, i completely agree with you about Walcott, the English media are hailing him as the best thing since sliced bread, i like him, but tbh i can name 20 young players that are more talented than him. Come to think of it, i can name a few arsenal youngsters that are more talented than Theo is.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Barry Pushing Alonso Towards Juve?
Juventus are believed to be monitoring the comings and goings at Anfield as they prepare to make a bid for Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso.

The news that Liverpool have made a bid for Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry has interested the Italian giants who are understood to be willing to offer Liverpool £6 million for the Spanish midfielder.

Alonso, 26, has been a huge hit at Anfield, especially with the fans due to some of the spectacular long range goals he has scored in his Liverpool career. However since Liverpool signed Javier Mascherano the Spaniard has found his opportunities in midfield limited.

If Liverpool do prove successful in their bid for Barry, the competition for central midfield places at Anfield would prove intense with Alonso, Mascherano, and Barry all vying for a place in central midfield.

With Benitez already seeming to prefer Mascherano over Alonso, the arrival of Barry may just signify the end for the Spaniard.

Alonso signed for Liverpool from Real Sociedad in 2004 for £10.5 million and has been a great success in the red shirt. Although he signed a new five year deal last summer, he is unlikely to be happy with a place on the bench and may have to move to pastures new.

Juventus, who look to have missed out on signing Arsenal’s Mathieu Flamini, are in the market for a central defensive midfielder and Alonso would fit the bill perfectly.

After a season in Serie B, they have returned to the top flight of Italian football this season with a bang and have already qualified for next season’s Champions League.

Although it is thought Alonso may prefer a move back home to Spain, Juventus are certainly an attractive proposition and should Liverpool’s bid for Barry prove successful, manager Benitez may have no choice but to let his compatriot leave.

Goal.com

6m?lol

it would be just fantastic.but i don't think i will be 6.

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
We've been linked to him recently due to the recent Barry to Liverpool speculation. What do you guys think about Alonso, i think hes awesome.

P.S if this has been placed incorrectly, i apologize to any mods, however i checked and did not see a thread for him up, so i hope all is well.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Awesome distribution, but probably won't come. I have this feeling that the board isn't going to deal with Liverpool for a while now.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Actually there are talks including Alonso in the Shopping in England thread,i just posted the news on Barry to Pool there...:)

But not my decision though:)

I like him alot,and would welcome here anyday,i think he will be great for us.

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
He would be the much needed creative player that we need in the center of the park and would gel well with sissoko quickly cuz of their past at pool and such. An amazing purchase if we got him.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Ah, so it is likely! It would be a smart move, and for six-million pounds...that's a good price for what you're getting.

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
I would not mind spending quite a bit on Alonso, i think it rly would be worth it, his service would be sick, the amount of chances trez and dp would get would increase massively, and those two as we know tend to take advantage of their chances well. Not to mention some sick thru balls he would play to wide players like Camo and Nedved/Giovinco.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
I would not mind spending quite a bit on Alonso, i think it rly would be worth it, his service would be sick, the amount of chances trez and dp would get would increase massively, and those two as we know tend to take advantage of their chances well. Not to mention some sick thru balls he would play to wide players like Camo and Nedved/Giovinco.
Alonso would be ok, I would like Diego better:angel:

om

Pinturicchio#10

Juventino per sempre
Jul 3, 2007
04/05/2008 15:38
Juventus are believed to be monitoring the comings and goings at Anfield as they prepare to make a bid for Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso.

The news that Liverpool have made a bid for Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry has interested the Italian giants who are understood to be willing to offer Liverpool £6 million for the Spanish midfielder.

Alonso, 26, has been a huge hit at Anfield, especially with the fans due to some of the spectacular long range goals he has scored in his Liverpool career. However since Liverpool signed Javier Mascherano the Spaniard has found his opportunities in midfield limited.

If Liverpool do prove successful in their bid for Barry, the competition for central midfield places at Anfield would prove intense with Alonso, Mascherano, and Barry all vying for a place in central midfield.

With Benitez already seeming to prefer Mascherano over Alonso, the arrival of Barry may just signify the end for the Spaniard.

Alonso signed for Liverpool from Real Sociedad in 2004 for £10.5 million and has been a great success in the red shirt. Although he signed a new five year deal last summer, he is unlikely to be happy with a place on the bench and may have to move to pastures new.

Juventus, who look to have missed out on signing Arsenal’s Mathieu Flamini, are in the market for a central defensive midfielder and Alonso would fit the bill perfectly.

After a season in Serie B, they have returned to the top flight of Italian football this season with a bang and have already qualified for next season’s Champions League.

Although it is thought Alonso may prefer a move back home to Spain, Juventus are certainly an attractive proposition and should Liverpool’s bid for Barry prove successful, manager Benitez may have no choice but to let his compatriot leave.

goal.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)