Wrc (1 Viewer)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Febrina ] ++
I hate the new rules, just can't forget how Colin couldn't get any postiton in Citroen team this season because of this rules. It's good to know that he'll be Gronholm's teammate, well...not a good news for Citroen actually:down:
I wonder what transpired between Colin & Subaru. How come he didn't get that contract?

Petter and gravel, oh no! :scared:
:D

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
venom

venom

Oct 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #42
    ++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++
    I wonder what transpired between Colin & Subaru. How come he didn't get that contract?
    I guess it's the question of salary.

OP
    venom

venom

Oct 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #43
    So in the weekend it's time for the rally of Mexico. I'll just name one favourite for the race - Grönholm. Loeb cannot make it three in a row, must not make it:devil:
    I hope Rovanperä gets a good result too even though I've some doubts about it. *fingers crossed*

And at the same time it's time for 3rd rally of the finnish national champ'ships and it looks like a battle of Lindholm and Pykälistö in the overall standings. But the question is - where the hell is Tuohino? I can't spot him in the entry-list on either rally. :confused:

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    Ow yess! Here we go again!:extatic:
    Loeb got recce last season in Mexico and it would be an advantage for him on this rally!
    Gravel is not his fav but hope he can do the best!

Yep, Peugeot will have Harri Rovanpera instead of Freddy Loix to 'accompany' Gronholm, hmm...very nice duo on gravel ;)

GO LOEB! GO CITROEN!:star:

*thinking* btw, where's Ali?

OP
    venom

venom

Oct 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #46
    When will Peugeot find a decent power-steering-unit :confused: :(

So weekend trip to FC-rally (finnish championship) ended up as a week long trip. Was kind of interesting to see one italian, one british and two russians duos there too, though they weren't that succesful. Italian pair was last (24.) in big N , other russian pair was last in big A (8.) and another russian pair retired. British pair was second to last (18.) in Rally Trophy 1400. Couple interesting drivers had to retire too - Anton Alén (son of you know who:cool:) and Tuohino who entered late to small N. Sort of a change from '04 Focus WRC to small N '03 Civic :D

Overalls - 1. Lindholm; 2. Ampuja; 3. Pykälistö.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Damn Petter was so unlucky! This was his rally. Am impressed with the new Subaru though.
    Gronholm was so fed up with the car you should have seen his face.
    I would have thought Pykalisto would have won, what happened?

OP
    venom

venom

Oct 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #48
    Pykälistö spinned on 2nd or 3rd stage, don't remeber which. It would have been a really tight battle otherwise. Championship standings stay still tight as Ampuja leads with 2 points over Lindholm and Pykälistö is 6 points further down after the snow rallies. And to correct one thing - that another russian pair had to cancel the whole rally and they did not retire during the rally as I said earlier.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Ali ] ++
    Damn Petter was so unlucky! This was his rally. Am impressed with the new Subaru though.
    Yep, he was unlucky but at least he's done the best, right ;)

Seb gotta trouble with his engine or sth...well, yea gravel is not really a good place for him :down:

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Nice pic.
    Seb was leaking oil after busting his sump. A rare mistake indeed from the Citroen ace.
    Can't wait for NZ.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    Who won the NZ rally last season? Gronholm, no?
    Well, Peugeot (Gronholm) had a good moment in NZ in a couple of years,... I mean in 2000 and 2002. Not to forget his teammate Rovanpera. But dunno about this season, it seems they're not really satisfied with the car so far:rolleyes:

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    NZ 2003 Podium
    1. Gronholm
    2. Burns
    3. Solberg

Gronholm is really struggling with the 4 speed gearbox & the power steering.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    Oh, so NZ rally would be another 'big test' for Peugeot and Gronholm then.
    Yep, it's gravel track again...:frown:
    Well, let see if it's gonna be rain on the 1st day, that would be interesting :cool:
    Tyre choosen would be important and very decisive on the rally ;)

OP
    venom

venom

Oct 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #58
    I hope this will be the last time I have to beg for Peugeot to solve their problems. :devil:

But at least it's not that major than with Mitsubishi. After the first stage both out.

Feb, you give me an impression that there's something wrong with racing in gravel? IMO gravel is the only surface for rallies.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by venom ] ++

But at least it's not that major than with Mitsubishi. After the first stage both out.
    Engine problem?:rolleyes:

Feb, you give me an impression that there's something wrong with racing in gravel? IMO gravel is the only surface for rallies.
    Yes, I know....that's why i called it a really challenging rally for Citroen and the teams, as you know, that Seb is not really good at gravel, asphalth is his fav track. But Seb did well in Turkey last season (it's a gravel track) so it means that he's capable enough to have a rally on gravel eventho it's not his fav. Well, it's just the same with Solberg, who's really powerful in gravel but he can do well on asphalth too.
    I'm looking forward on european rally where most of the tracks are asphalth...But first, at least Citroen and Seb/Sainz will do the best on NZ rally :strong:

OP
    venom

venom

Oct 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #60
    Mitsubishis had some sort of electrical failures, both at the same time :confused:

At least Peugeots are going well currently *knocks on wood* with the exception of Marcus' own mistake. Too bad Paasonen's not doing well in group N.

And about those tarmac rallies, those guys who want them should head to proper tracks instead. :devil:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)