Wrc (1 Viewer)

venom

Oct 22, 2003
Anyone? New season starts tomorrow, so discuss :devil:

Favorites for Monte Carlo must be Loeb, and add to that Märtin, Solberg and Grönholm and we have a group which contains the world champion -04. I don't see Solberg as a big favourite in the roads of Monte, Märtin's propably got what it takes to challenge Loeb. Peugeot's has been miserable last years in Monte, but I hope 307 works fine and gives Grönholm that last needed kick. And you can't count Sainz out.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
venom

venom

Oct 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2
    Though no one's interested :devil:

Standings after day 1:

1. S LOEB 1:26:38.7
    2. M MÄRTIN +18.3
    3. M GRÖNHOLM +18.7
    4. C SAINZ +46.5
    5. F DUVAL +1:00.6
    6. P SOLBERG +1:52.4
    7. R KRESTA +2:54.0
    8. M HIRVONEN +2:54.8
    9. F LOIX +2:59.8
    10. N VOUILLOZ +4:05.7

OP
    venom

venom

Oct 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    Even though I don't like the lad at all, I hope he'll be back next year. And that there will be more seats next year also. More Finns you know :cool:

And I forgot to add that on Super1600 or whatever that's called nowadays Kosti Katajamäki leads after the first day (16th overall).

OP
    venom

venom

Oct 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    I doubt McRae will find a proper factory seat for next season. Well mostly that depends on FIA and what they'll invent on rules. Wondering will Hyundai and Skoda be able to come back full-time next season. That would be at least two factory teams more to the current five.

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
    Collin McRae is my fav. rally driver......I heard his son gonna follow his footsteps, is it true?

OP
    venom

venom

Oct 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10
    I don't remember if his son is about to follow, or if he's even got one :D

On a related note though, here in Finland names Mikkola and Alén are back in business, sons of Hannu and Markku respectively are driving national junior championships.

OP
    venom

venom

Oct 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11
    Some results again. After 2nd day:

1. S LOEB 2:54:22.6
    2. F DUVAL +1:28.7
    3. M MÄRTIN +1:41.7
    4. M GRÖNHOLM +1:57.9
    5. P SOLBERG +3:31.8
    6. F LOIX +4:34.1
    7. G PANIZZI +7:49.0
    8. A WARMBOLD +10:04.5
    9. O BURRI +12:37.7
    10. J BERES +14:18.2

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    Thanks for starting this thread, Venom :)

GOOD START, LOEB! :thumb:
    It's like a dejavu, he won Rally MonteCarlo last year. In 2003, three Citroen drivers (Loeb, McRae, Sainz) on the podium :strong:

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
    I wonder if he'll take part in the Dakar next year... he said he quite enjoyed it
    Yea, his courage admires me, he tried something new in rally Dakar and he likes it, no wonder he'd like to take part as well next year.
    Not bad for him, eventhough there are so many differences between WRC and Dakar, he's done a good job.:)
    I wonder if Peterhansel wanna tried to join WRC ;):D

OP
    venom

venom

Oct 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14
    And those overalls:

1. S LOEB 4:12:03.0
    2. M MÄRTIN +1:12.6
    3. F DUVAL +1:19.6
    4. M GRÖNHOLM +1:26.8
    5. F LOIX +8:16.9
    6. G PANIZZI +10:11.6
    7. P SOLBERG +10:42.2
    8. O BURRI +17:49.1
    9. J BERES +19:43.1
    10. N BERNARDI +23:38.1

Crap, Grönholm just 4th, but at least that's better than year ago. Now Peugeot just need to create top end from somewhere and that car can do it. Duval was somewhat surprise of this years Monte.

++ [ originally posted by Febrina ] ++
    I wonder if Peterhansel wanna tried to join WRC ;):D
    Nah, I think he'd probably hit the ALMS or similar ;)

OP
    venom

venom

Oct 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #15
    So it's time for Rally of Sweden.

Grönholm's favourite to get the win IMO. Solberg and Märtin the main contenders. Names I'm looking forward to see are Sohlberg and Tuohino and what they are able to do, now that they have real factoryseats, Mitsubishi and Ford respectively. Tuohino would be my pick outside the biggest names to fight for top spot. He's got already some competetive experience this year on these conditions, last weekend's Arctic Rally that is, altough he had to retire in the end.

factoryteams:
    1. Solberg / Mills
    2. Hirvonen / Lehtinen
    3. Loeb / Elena
    4. Sainz / Marti
    5. Grönholm / Rautiainen
    6. Loix / Smeets
    7. Märtin / Park
    8. Tuohino / Aho
    9. Panizzi / Panizzi
    10. Sohlberg / Lindström

Oh, and group N will be interesting, but I'll have to deal with that in greater detail.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    I can't believe I missed out on this thread. Great job venom & it's fantastic to see another rally fanatic. Sweden is looking increasingly like a Loeb victory. Am happy though finally Petter will get on the podium in Sweden!

OP
    venom

venom

Oct 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #17
    Loeb seems to be the first non-Finn/-Swede to win this rally. Too bad Grönholm had that powersteering problem in the longest stage and lost around 60 seconds b/c of that. Tuohino's been as good as I expected. And Paasonen is on his own class in group N, group which has suffered lots of retirements.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    I'll be viewing it tomorrow night and am absolutely delighted Petter is on the podium. And the WRX 2004 will debut in Mexico so it will only get better. I think this warrants some sort of celebrations :D
    Touhino has been brilliant too but poor Marko he had a commanding lead. Looks like this year will be a battle supreme between Loeb, Petter & Marko. Am also expecting Marcus to get into the act too. Bring it on!

OP
    venom

venom

Oct 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #20
    That's what I was not hoping to happen, damn that power steering unit. And Tuohino's now officially my favourite driver, his interviews were hilarious.

But at least Paasonen was unstoppable in group N.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)