WRC - Again cmon fellas let's do this :) (2 Viewers)

OP
Ali

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #121
    DAY 1 WRAP
    1. P SOLBERG 1:32:37.2
    2. S LOEB +8.0
    3. T MÄKINEN +1:32.2
    4. C MCRAE +1:43.6
    5. H ROVANPERÄ +2:41.2
    6. G PANIZZI +2:49.3
    7. F DUVAL +3:35.2
    8. R KRESTA +4:05.2
    9. F LOIX +4:20.3
    10. M STOHL +4:48.3

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #122
    Petter Solberg took 4 of the days stages to Loeb's 3 to set a lead of 8 seconds at the end of an intriguing and eventful day. Plenty of casualties were recorded as big names could not keep their cars on the road.
    Sainz titles hopes were dashed when he misheard a pacenote incorrectly to send his Citroen crashing out. Gronholm's car suffered severe damage as he left the road on SS3 incurring a loss of almost 14 minutes. He had to retire after completing the stage.
    Marko retired after experiencing overheating problems in SS4. The Ford mechanics tried to put him back on the road but to no avail.
    With all this drama behind them Petter & Loeb set out a classic duel which promises to heat up on Day 2. Both drivers are showing maturity beyond their years as they seem to breeze through the Welsh forests setting the best times while the rest of the field suffers. What more could we ask for?

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    Wow, it's only Loeb vs. Petter now, remarkable that two so young drivers are the final contenders. And after last year it's incredible that none of them are diving Peugeots.

Go Petter!

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #124
    ++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++
    Hey Torkel :) Good to see a Petter fan :thumb: Since they removed the Safari Rally from Kenya I have not been able to see the WRC cars for quite a while and it is killing me! I can imagine such a battle at my door step ...... Good news is am planning to go for rally Finland next year if all goes well.
    I too hope that Petter wins for it will be good for the whole rally sport.
    Am assuming you didn't see this :)

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #125
    ++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++
    Wow, it's only Loeb vs. Petter now, remarkable that two so young drivers are the final contenders. And after last year it's incredible that none of them are diving Peugeots.

Go Petter!
    I just hope that none of them ever goes to Peugeot!

BTW Petter just did a stunning SS10 & won by 5.6seconds in just 13.05kms :thumb:

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++
    Hey Torkel :) Good to see a Petter fan :thumb: Since they removed the Safari Rally from Kenya I have not been able to see the WRC cars for quite a while and it is killing me! I can imagine such a battle at my door step ...... Good news is am planning to go for rally Finland next year if all goes well.
    I too hope that Petter wins for it will be good for the whole rally sport.
    Hey Ali, I didn't know they were removing Rally Kenya(I mainly just watch the races), why did they do that? It was a different and hard rally, I don't get it. :confused:

When is Rally Finland? Isn't it one of the first rallies? I've never been to Finland, the people are too crazy for my liking... :D

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #127
    Looks like the government bungled the whole administration of the rally :wallbang: They could not bail out the sponsorship money & thus it was removed. :fero: It was the hardest, toughest of em all.
    Rally Finland will be in August 6-8 2004. And yes this is the fastest rally with the longest jumps ..... :D
    Ohh!! The crazier the people the more the fan :D

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #128
    DAY 2 WRAP
    1. P SOLBERG 2:48:55.4
    2. S LOEB +41.2
    3. T MÄKINEN +2:25.2
    4. C MCRAE +2:31.4
    5. H ROVANPERÄ +4:33.9
    6. F DUVAL +5:53.7
    7. F LOIX +6:29.2
    8. M STOHL +7:35.8
    9. R KRESTA +7:36.5
    10. J PYKALISTO +8:03.9

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #129
    A magnificent performance by Petter Solberg saw him win all the 8 stages on offer on Day 2 of Wales Rally GB. However he had a big scare on SS14 after hitting a huge pothole and damaging his steering. Despite this he still finished 10 seconds ahead of title challenger Sebastien Loeb. With only 3 stages to go it seems likely that Solberg has the World Championship title under his belt but all is not over.
    5 years ago Carlos Sainz was running fourth enough to net him his 3rd World Championship title and many believed he had done it until his Toyota Corolla's engine failed & caught fire barely 500 metres to the finish. So it is with trepidation that we Petter fans follow the last 3 stages of the rally.
    Go Petter!!!
    Go Makinen!!!

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    Finally Petter wins the trophy, congratulations guys!:star:
    He deserves it, ....after runner up last season...he succeeded on top this season!:)

Loeb has done the best for team, but i guess he needs time, just like Petter last year ;) But I am also glad for Citroen winning, they've got the best car :touched:

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #132
    Am just back from a major celebration! :thumb:
    Way to go Petter!!! :D And Makinen didn't disappoint on his last rally. What an incredible high :D
    Congratulations to Citroen on winning the manufacturers title.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)