WRC - Again cmon fellas let's do this :) (4 Viewers)

OP
Ali

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #21
    ++ [ originally posted by dj juve ] ++
    crap
    Total crap .... Anyway am happy for Markko. But Solberg & Makinen both lost positions and that is absolutely demoralising. This was one heck of an exciting rally though :)

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #23
    You might be able to catch on Supersports tonight too :)

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #28
    Cyprus is here & Day 2 has been hell. After a cautious start on Day 1's four super stages it is no wonder that all drivers tried to push harder which has resulted in the following drivers dropping out:
    Marcus Gronholm
    Markko Martin
    Freddy Loix
    Francois Duval
    Gilles Panizzi
    This rally is turning out to be a car wrecker and almost every driver has had his share of problems. Running smoothly thus far is the leader Petter Solberg :D

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    Sainz at 5th place behind his team mate, Loeb and McRae in Cyprus Rally. Not bad for Citroen team tho ;)
    Peter Solberg is very lucky there. Sorry for Gronholm.

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #31
    The Citroens are doing well Febrina but I hope Solberg bags this one ....
    My wishes today ... Sainz & McRae should bow out :devil:

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #34
    ++ [ originally posted by dj juve ] ++
    :mad: ;)
    The leaderboard is getting better & with Sainz out it means that Solberg can make up some ground if he wins :)

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #35
    The last three stages have begun .....
    Go Solberg :)

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    crap

;)

report:

Subaru's Petter Solberg won the Cyprus Rally on Sunday to close in on the world championship leaders.

The Norwegian, who secured his second career victory, won five of the day's six special stages with the sixth going to Spaniard Carlos Sainz, who is one point off the lead in the world championship after finishing fifth.

Solberg, who finished four minutes and 14 seconds ahead of Finn Harri Rovanpera in a Peugeot, climbed to fourth in the championship standings, eight points behind leader Richard Burns.

"I need a few more wins under my belt to challenge for this year's title, but I'll certainly be trying," Solberg told the official WRC website after the seventh race, and midway point, of the championship.

"I learned a lot from the Safari, Turkey and Greece and it paid off. But we need more work on our car for quicker roads," the 28-year-old from Spydeberg added.

Briton Burns was one of a string of second-day casualties, retiring in his Peugeot on Saturday with engine failure.

Defending world champion Marcus Gronholm of Finland, who led in his Peugeot after the first day but also pulled out on Saturday when he broke his propshaft, remains third one point above Solberg.

Frenchman Sebastien Loeb finished the race in third, 4:16.8 behind, as Citroen became the only factory team to complete the race with more than one car.

TOUGHEST RALLY

"Citroen getting all three of its cars home is a remarkable achievement and one that bodes well for the future, as this was the toughest rally of the year," former world champion Sainz said.

His British team mate Colin McRae was fourth, about 30 seconds behind Loeb, and just short of a minute in front of Sainz.

Rovanpera began the day just 25 seconds behind Solberg, whose only previous victory was in Britain last year.

But the Finn's challenge faltered over the closing three specials after he broke his driveshaft.

"The second round of stages today were the most difficult stages of my career," said Rovanpera, who like Solberg was chasing his second championship victory.

Subaru boss David Lapworth was impressed with his team's performance in rough conditions similar to those in Africa.

"This is probably Petter's best drive ever. He didn't put a single foot wrong and neither did the team ... the result of a cold, calculated plan," he said.

"We both decided it would be a rally of attrition. The tactic was to start carefully and build up the speed -- and it's worked perfectly."

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #40
    WOW!!! What a Rally! What a performance by Petter :cool:
    Congratulations :thumb:

Heia Petter!!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)