would micheal owen be good in italy? (1 Viewer)

Mullarkey

Jun 2, 2003
He is a great striker, he is so quick and looks set to join cisse in attack for my great club.

Once Ian Rush another great liverpool player played for juve and didnt really suceed. do you think micheal owen would

also which other english players do you guys like?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jul 28, 2002
depends on who he plays with, wiv dp, dnt thinks so, cos he needs a strong partner really, n wiv trez, it wont work coz neither will be able to create for each other....

Imo owen n cisse is a very scary proposisiton, but not really owen n dp, maybe owen n trez, but owen n dp wudntl really work. imo

OP

Mullarkey

Jun 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    good point john, its like at liverpool he plays better with heskey then anybody else.

Jul 28, 2002
    my bros a fan of heskey, but he'd prefer to see diof up there, n so would i, jus so much more skill

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
    depends on who he plays with, wiv dp, dnt thinks so, cos he needs a strong partner really, n wiv trez, it wont work coz neither will be able to create for each other....
    I think it could work with DP coz he's a very good passing player and he can create things for Owen to score on.

Jul 28, 2002
    yeah but it would be only a one dimensional style of play, any aerial threat???nope

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    i think Owen would do OK in serie A. he's a great player and great dribbler and not to mention he's pacey just like Shevchenko.
    Sheva does well in serie A because he's a good finisher too.

the reason Owen wouldn't do as well as he would in the EPL is because there isn't much running space in serie A.

from England, i like Stephan Gerrard (spelling). i admire his work rate. he can be both defensive and offensive. he's a good all round player i think.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    the thing about owen is that he is small, and has no creativity to his game.

see, he is a short striker who relies on pace and has no other qualities to his game.

players of his style are normally taller and can play with a support striker.

Owen would need del piero, but then the height factor is a problem.

So, i think with maybe a team who has tall supporting type striker might be able to use owen well. Maybe a Milan with Shevchenko next to him.

Having Kluivert next to him comes to mind actually, but thats spain.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    the reason Owen wouldn't do as well as he would in the EPL is because there isn't much running space in serie A.
    Spot on. Owen's game is based on long balls for him to run behind the defence line. In England the defenders give lots of space to the attackers, but in Italy he would find it very hard to pass by.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)