World Cup Lounge (1 Viewer)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
CauldronWench said:
Best goal keeper? He missed ALL the penalties! Thank heavens for the crossbar!

The crossbar, my new hero!
He is best GK indeed for his brave saves, but you can't deny he is always at the right position to deny strikers and his saves are so important that it frustrates the hell out of opposition strikers. But in terms of saving penalties, I think all the players that took it are unpredictable. But I do admit he is not Lehmann when taking penalties

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Lippi made a case that Buffon played a role in Trez's miss. Perhaps he originally guessed right and threw him off so he had to hit it in another spot at the last moment, allowing his shot to be off a little.

Either way, talk about a game of inches. Gigi earned his props on that save on Zizou's brilliant header though.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
it was deemed due to most of the voting being made before the final. Makes sense if it was that, fifa didnt anything to do with it...it was the journalists choice at the end

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
swag said:
Lippi made a case that Buffon played a role in Trez's miss. Perhaps he originally guessed right and threw him off so he had to hit it in another spot at the last moment, allowing his shot to be off a little.

Either way, talk about a game of inches. Gigi earned his props on that save on Zizou's brilliant header though.
can that be proved on video reply?

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
ZhiXin said:
He is best GK indeed for his brave saves, but you can't deny he is always at the right position to deny strikers and his saves are so important that it frustrates the hell out of opposition strikers. But in terms of saving penalties, I think all the players that took it are unpredictable. But I do admit he is not Lehmann when taking penalties
actually ricardo seems to be one of the best gk when it goes to penaltys, like in euro2004 and now.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Stephan said:
actually ricardo seems to be one of the best gk when it goes to penaltys, like in euro2004 and now.
Ricardo guessed some shots wrongly, this is the scoreline in Euro 2004 against England

aet. 1-1 after 90 mins. Portugal win 6-5 on penalties

Lehmann mispredicted Larsson's shot. and during the penalty shoot out, he denied 2 shots and predicted all correctly

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Amazing, given that Ricardo was a second stringer on Sporting Lisbon before struggling to earn the top spot in the second half of the Portuguese Superliga season.

His problem: making crazy decisions like when to punch the ball when he should catch, when to come out of goal when he should stay in, etc. Drives a lot of fans nuts. But for some reason, the guy seems to get it all together during internationals.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
swag said:
Amazing, given that Ricardo was a second stringer on Sporting Lisbon before struggling to earn the top spot in the second half of the Portuguese Superliga season.

His problem: making crazy decisions like when to punch the ball when he should catch, when to come out of goal when he should stay in, etc. Drives a lot of fans nuts. But for some reason, the guy seems to get it all together during internationals.
Scolari must have taught him in a very strict manner

like how he trained Marcos in WC 2002

BTW Greg, who do u actually prefer? Ricardo or Vitor Baia?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)