JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,104
    Erik said:
    Oh so that's why you like Italy
    The question is, do I like Italy?

I think I cheer for Juventus players, bar Emerson, but no I am not an Azzurri fan.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Jeeks said:
    I'll buy you a beer on Friday.
    Aha, cheers :pint:

Unfortunately the trip is currently in the balance, they're dropping like flies at the minute and I'm owed a lot of money. Will hopefully still make it but its touch wood to find some last minute replacements :disagree:

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    well I'll hope to see you around then. I'll be the one wearing all black but with white reflective patches and ski goggles :cool:

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    sateeh said:
    finest ? i saw them playing well in two games in this world cup, against spain and brazil....it wasnt due to the coach, henry is always offside and out of position, not contesting any headers, ribery and malouda r not cutting inside to provide some runs...if it wasnt for the world class players on the field for france they would've been out by now
    :agree:

Henry seems like a mismatch for the system Domenech has put in place. He obviously knows better than to be offside as much as he has been, and yet his NT play has been a real disappointment overall. Zidane is the engine that has kept them going, but even he has had his moments of looking 34-going-on-50 on this squad.

The thing in France's advantage is that their best play is starting to come out now, despite their very meagre beginnings in the group stages. Ribery seems to have the legs where Zidane's age and range slow him down. And Vieira is one of the few players who have been a pleasant surprise from their normal field of stars. All in spite of Domenech, of course.

Sometimes all you need is to win by margins and play tight at this stage, and France are succeeding at that just when they need it.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,116
    Tom said:
    well I'll hope to see you around then. I'll be the one wearing all black but with white reflective patches and ski goggles :cool:
    Are you going to Sensation Black?

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    swag said:
    :agree:

Henry seems like a mismatch for the system Domenech has put in place. He obviously knows better than to be offside as much as he has been, and yet his NT play has been a real disappointment overall. Zidane is the engine that has kept them going, but even he has had his moments of looking 34-going-on-50 on this squad.

The thing in France's advantage is that their best play is starting to come out now, despite their very meagre beginnings in the group stages. Ribery seems to have the legs where Zidane's age and range slow him down. And Vieira is one of the few players who have been a pleasant surprise from their normal field of stars. All in spite of Domenech, of course.

Sometimes all you need is to win by margins and play tight at this stage, and France are succeeding at that just when they need it.
    yeah vieira has played well for france, capello better watch and learn how a true master coaches his players :p

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    sateeh said:
    r u being sarcastic abt henry ? cuz he didnt impress me at all....last nite was all about zidane
    Sarcastic? No i was being factual and you seem to agree with me that Henry for his national team is just above average, not the world beater he looks in an Arsenal shirt playing in the premiership. It seems without his pace in the Nt , he would be even worse

jorossian

Jun 29, 2006
    mnementh said:
    Juventus - Milan rocked :) and give me Italy in the final every time. Not boring to me at all. Brazil is boring to me. And Engalnd too. Atleast england is out. Hoping for Italy Portugal final still.
    This is one of those ever-debatable points. Any sporting event in which you have a large emotional investment in one or both of the teams involved will be heart stopping regardless of what happens on the pitch.

I'm sure most england fans were glued to their seats and clutching with tension at every pass for every second of their matches in this WC. It all depends on your point of view. :agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)