World Cup Lounge (6 Viewers)

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
mark77 said:
Buffon, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Vieira, Del Piero, Trezeguet..........Henry, Zidane.

Sure, you need Moggi to win something. MY ASS!!!
Not only that !!! But Emerson was injured and didn't play today :shocked:

What a terrific result. Brazil is out. Wow. Brazil. OUT. YES !!! (even if i didn't win 25K !)

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
Azzurri7 said:
Brazil and England out......what a day to remmber.
in terms of quarter final results, best WC ever !!!!! :D I prefer Argentina to Germany in general but I prefer Italy to meet Germany than Argentina in terms of chances, and also.... Cufre is in Argentina. So perfect in the end. :agree:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Tom said:
Gah, don't know what to say, I feel sick to the core at that outcome. Even when we had the chance to go ahead on penalties you could not back a single one of our players to score. I knew Lampard would miss, same for Carragher second time, and Gerrard was only 50/50. Amazed Hargreaves scored, but there you go. We just lack the mental fortitude to block out all the emotion and get the thing into the back of the net. Its the one thing the Germans possess for which we will be infinitely jealous.

First of all well done to any Portuguese fans on here, hard as it is to say. I don't think you were the better team, having said that we were pretty poor also when we had eleven men and neither team looked particularly like scoring at that point. The sending off was never a red card but was hardly a surprise, and in keeping with decisions throughout the rest of the tournament. The way the Portuguese dived/rolled around all game at the slightest touch, and particularly Ronaldo's conduct throughout was appaling. Its pretty clear he did his utmost to get Rooney sent off and I for one hope he gets scythed down in pre-season training.

You haven't got a chance of winning it though on that showing, so I reckon the glory will be shortlived. Still without wanting to sound like sour grapes I'll stop ranting before I go red.

Enjoy the celebrations
I'm just glad you shattered the Dutch record of having been eliminated from a major tournament through a penalty shoot-out three times. You're now at four. Bad for you, good for us. Sorry :D

So Fortress Europe again, huh? Why don't we just skip this World Cup nonsense with crappy Asian and North American teams forming just one huge red carpet for the European teams to march to the semi-finals over and have the Euros once every two years. No FIFA interference too :weee:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Enron said:
But then you wouldn't have all the "great" US commercials. :(
We already don't. All of the stuff that I found via this forum where people linked to US commercials on youtube I had never seen before in my entire life

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Enron said:
But then you wouldn't have all the "great" US commercials. :(
The US commercials on Spanish-language TV have been quite good, btw.

Like the one where the guy walks up to the liquor store fridge and reaches aspirationally high for the case of Budweiser... and then proceeds to put it on the floor as a step stool so he can reach the higher case of Miller.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Erik said:
I'm just glad you shattered the Dutch record of having been eliminated from a World Cup through a penalty shoot-out three times. You're now at four. Bad for you, good for us. Sorry :D
My condolences to Tom. It's not like Portugal looked like the clear winner in this one.

But damn if you don't sound just like Erik last weekend... ;)

So Fortress Europe again, huh? Why don't we just skip this World Cup nonsense with crappy Asian and North American teams forming just one huge red carpet for the European teams to march to the semi-finals over and have the Euros once every two years. No FIFA interference too :weee:
I'm not so sure that's an entirely fair statement, given that the Cup is based in Europe this year.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
We might as well enjoy it while it last. It's going to be a while before any squad gets close to five stars, that's for sure.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,980
    Argentina, Brasil and England out in a matter of 24 hours, it really can't get any better.

And VIVE LA FRANCE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)