OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,702
    Intro said:
    You're just bitter because no team in the tournament wears purple :p. Has that song only just arrived on alternative radio in Sweden? I heard back at the start of the year and your signature has just reminded me of it.
    No, I don't listen to Swedish radio, alternative or not. I saw them live a couple of weeks ago and I thought they are a good band that's why.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,706
    Enron said:
    One day when I'm making enough money I hope to start that chant at a Real Madrid game.
    Start wearing purple and learn Spanish.

Then learn Chinese.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,707
    ThePLaya said:
    i wish if i can hang you up pekerman today
    Why? he did us all a favour by exiting the tournament. Who wanted to see more Inter players and players from the Spanish League?

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
    Enron said:
    That probably won't happen. Brazil should roll over France and England will win 2-0 off goals from Gerrard and Crouch. (No Deco makes Portugal easy pickings)
    There is a pattern with Scolari and Eriksson which is much greater than Deco missing. Not to mention Portugal are the better side.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    Enron said:
    Germany are no Ukraine and Italy still has not played well against an opponent of equal or greater value. Still it looks like some of the Azzurri are coming around and with the way Buffon is performing it could be another close one.
    Indeed.:agree:

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Intro said:
    There is a pattern with Scolari and Eriksson which is much greater than Deco missing. Not to mention Portugal are the better side.
    :lol: Sorry but that statement is quite laughable. Portugal are definitely not better than England on paper. The only thing that helps Portugal is the lack of attacking on the right side of the field thanks to Beckham. With that said Portugal may play better than England on Saturday, but they go into the match very much the underdog.

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
    Enron said:
    :lol: Sorry but that statement is quite laughable. Portugal are definitely not better than England on paper. The only thing that helps Portugal is the lack of attacking on the right side of the field thanks to Beckham. With that said Portugal may play better than England on Saturday, but they go into the match very much the underdog.
    Yes. You are right Portugal start as underdogs for some strange reason - just as Portugal themselves were to Holland and France were to Spain. These were public perceptions or by the 'experts' but very wrong in my opinion. Without going into a big debate I see no reason why England are better:

- Portugal have a coach who maximises the talent of his squad unlike Eriksson who makes decent players look ordinary (Gerrard & Lampard) or plays others in less effective areas (Joe Cole).
    - They've played a settled 4-3-3 formation for the best part of two years leading up to this tournament as opposed to Eriksson's badly re-worked 4-5-1.
    - Portugal are a possession-based team who will have the majority of play against an England - this is nothing new with England here.
    - Better players? I'd say Simao, Figo & Ronaldo have more technique than any in the England side. Those who do (Joe Cole & Wayne Rooney) are not in the position or conditioning to show that.

Anyway...we will see tomorrow. I expect an easy Portugal win.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,715
    Intro said:
    Yes. You are right Portugal start as underdogs for some strange reason - just as Portugal themselves were to Holland and France were to Spain. These were public perceptions or by the 'experts' but very wrong in my opinion. Without going into a big debate I see no reason why England are better:

- Portugal have a coach who maximises the talent of his squad unlike Eriksson who makes decent players look ordinary (Gerrard & Lampard) or plays others in less effective areas (Joe Cole).
    - They've played a settled 4-3-3 formation for the best part of two years leading up to this tournament as opposed to Eriksson's badly re-worked 4-5-1.
    - Portugal are a possession-based team who will have the majority of play against an England - this is nothing new with England here.
    - Better players? I'd say Simao, Figo & Ronaldo have more technique than any in the England side. Those who do (Joe Cole & Wayne Rooney) are not in the position or conditioning to show that.

Anyway...we will see tomorrow. I expect an easy Portugal win.
    I expect a super boring game (think England - Ecuador) with an England win from a set-piece.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,717
    ThePLaya said:
    up to me... if you cheer even for india i won't say

:yuck:

didn't see the word that says (say no to racism) ?
    Where is racism in disliking a team? Same goes for Brasil, it is my opinion.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,719
    ThePLaya said:
    it's urs as long as we do respect ur opinion while we have no rights even to say my favourite team is ARG ,, to get this from you ?

:yuck:

tickle me plz
    You said your favourite team is Argentina, I expressed disgust to this team. Who said you have no right to say what you said?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)