JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,687
    Erik said:
    No, I don't know you. It's an internet-forum. Duh. :D

Because most people hate Brazil because they're successful.
    This is why I said you don't know me. I am not part of these most people. And I do not hate anyone.

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
    Brazil are the most beautiful side left in the tournament. I posted this 10 days ago in the Brazil group thread and I doubt many saw it - but look how right I was. :p

It's easy to criticise Brazil as many are doing here now but for me they are still the most beautiful side or will be once Parreira makes a minor change which he'd have planned long before anyway.

Parreira is intent on using a 'Fab Four' when really he has five such players. Robinho's poor season along with Ronaldo's decline has meant Adriano has a place in the team even though coming deeper for the ball is not his strength and has suffered at Inter trying this too.

At the Confederations Cup last year in Ronaldo's absence it was a more of a 4-2-3-1 rather than the 4-2-2-2 it is now with Kaka and Ronaldinho covering the wide areas. From that view having still four attackers but now Adriano can be left alone upfront with support interchageable from three suppliers but eventually Kaka will move centrally in my opinion (and will end as player of the tournament too) with Robinho being the rookie just as Ronaldinho was four years ago and his impact more minimal as the 4th man.

The alternative strategy would be to introduce Juninho Pernambucano for Ronaldo. This team would have balance then with three midfielders and three attackers just as Argentina except Brazil are weaker in the midfield area of that texture you need (Spain are second to Argentina in that respect). Secondly, this is Brazil and if any team should be more attacking then why shouldn't it be them? Parreira follows this idea and after winning defensively in 1994 is desperate to win in this new style.

Currently, Argentina appear the most beautiful team along with Spain - who are a lower-budget version (great balance but lesser quality, expectation & belief). But both sides play with only three attackers which reinforces the trend here in European football of a more defensive approach. The 4-2-3-1 that was once popular has become a 4-3-3. Brazil look ugly as their football has been disjointed so far but if they win with four attackers and two attacking but veteran full-backs (who by the way played as virtually wingers four years ago) it would be a huge statement and bigger overall then the football Argentina are playing now.

Now Argentina are out and their performances tainted we can see true beauty for the remainder of this competition. Parreira, Brazil and Scolari - they all have one link.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,690
    Erik said:
    Relax, I was joking. Which should have been fairly obvious given the blatant generalising and assuming.
    I am relaxed, it is the state I am in most of the time :)

But still you haven't answered my question that started all this, what is so beautiful about Brasil?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Jeeks said:
    I am relaxed, it is the state I am in most of the time :)
    Coolio!

But still you haven't answered my question that started all this, what is so beautiful about Brasil?
    They're up my street. They play with just the right amount of flair, going a gear higher when they need. I expect them to go full out tomorrow against France and give us the 100% we've all been waiting for.

Spain have played like that, so have Argentina and that's pretty much where the list ends. From my point of view: Portugal and England are playing their usual rough game, both rather boringly so. Italy are just efficient, yet again (and no, that is NOT a compliment). Germany just generally annoy me and France are so full of themselves they can't even keep it together.

And it's not like Holland gave me anything to cheer :lazy:

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,695
    Erik said:
    Coolio!

They're up my street. They play with just the right amount of flair, going a gear higher when they need. I expect them to go full out tomorrow against France and give us the 100% we've all been waiting for.

Spain have played like that, so have Argentina and that's pretty much where the list ends. From my point of view: Portugal and England are playing their usual rough game, both rather boringly so. Italy are just efficient, yet again (and no, that is NOT a compliment). Germany just generally annoy me and France are so full of themselves they can't even keep it together.

And it's not like Holland gave me anything to cheer :lazy:
    Well, you basically described the whole tournament; it has not reached the expectations of a World Cup. But I say this is due to the fact that the teams are being very much tactical. A friend told me a few days ago that he does not really care if the whole cup is fixed, not just games, but he wants spectacle.

World Cup has always been about spectacle and this cup is about anything but that. And I agree with him. As for Brasil, the team that is always descrbed to have the most beautiful play, they are also lacking that and are jumoing on the tactical bandwagon.

And you see us wasting hours every day, not only watching but talking about it :p

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    giovanotti said:
    And now the mother of all games,Italy vs Germany!!!!

Ohhhhh,I would be soooo happy if we pass them and win the final.

Forza Azzurri and Lippi!!!!!!!
    Germany are no Ukraine and Italy still has not played well against an opponent of equal or greater value. Still it looks like some of the Azzurri are coming around and with the way Buffon is performing it could be another close one.

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
    Jeeks said:
    Well, you basically described the whole tournament; it has not reached the expectations of a World Cup. But I say this is due to the fact that the teams are being very much tactical. A friend told me a few days ago that he does not really care if the whole cup is fixed, not just games, but he wants spectacle.

World Cup has always been about spectacle and this cup is about anything but that. And I agree with him. As for Brasil, the team that is always descrbed to have the most beautiful play, they are also lacking that and are jumoing on the tactical bandwagon.

And you see us wasting hours every day, not only watching but talking about it :p
    You're just bitter because no team in the tournament wears purple :p. Has that song only just arrived on alternative radio in Sweden? I heard back at the start of the year and your signature has just reminded me of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)