World Cup Lounge (3 Viewers)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
was surprised to see england struggle so badly with set-pieces. normally you would expect terry and campbell/ferdinand to cope well with high balls in the box.
fair play to the swedes they really started to put the pressure on and with a bit of luck they might have had a few.
englands problems are starting to mount and they need to work on set pieces and they will probably now switch to the 4-5-1 if owen is out.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,628
    Svennis was disappointed with set-pieces and he said that might have lost Owen for the rest of the tourney.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    Jeeks said:
    Svennis was disappointed with set-pieces and he said that might have lost Owen for the rest of the tourney.
    well the fromation we seen after rooney came off may well be the formation england revert to

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,630
    Bozi.78 said:
    well the fromation we seen after rooney came off may well be the formation england revert to
    I think he will opt to starting Rooney - Crtouch up front. He said that he's been subbng Wayne just to be able to save him as much as possible and he's impessed on how he's imroving.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    Jeeks said:
    I think he will opt to starting Rooney - Crtouch up front. He said that he's been subbng Wayne just to be able to save him as much as possible and he's impessed on how he's imroving.
    the only problem is that england are now thin on the ground for strikers and his hand will be forced. either he will have to play wolcott or he will have to revert to 4-5-1 as crouch and rooney cannot play the full 90 minutes in every game.
    of course the score at the time will have to be taken into account. if england are winning i expect we will see the 5 in midfield, if tehy are losing they will stay with 2 up top

Stickyicky

May 19, 2006
    ZAF3000 said:
    Sweden with Zlatan x 3 halves = 0 goals scored
    Sweden without Zlatan x 3 halves = 3 goals scored
    hmmm
    Any fool who knows a little bit about football can see it's clearly coincidental. We played like shit when he wasn't there creating almost no chances from good passing play. In the first match and against Paraguay Zlatan was involved in six chances like that. Today there was none.

The two goals scored, on set pieces. Very lucky goals.

Allbäck and Larsson start against Germany, i think we will lose badly. Our best match sofar in the Tourney has been against Trinidad, byfar.

Now, im off to celebarte. Peace

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    Sweden has always score more in the second half and Zlatan is so terrible we can't score when he's on the pitch......... We would have been ten times greater with Zlatan instead of Allbajs in the opening 45. I have no problem with him coming him end game but Zlatan should definiely start versus Germany.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,637
    Maresca said:
    what about starting a Zlatan-Albäck discusion :D
    Only Katil and Stickygoo would say that Zlatan is better. Katil even calls Allbäck Allbajs; numbers and goals mean nothing to them. It seems they like shots on the keeper or shots meters above the goal.

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    Jeeks said:
    Only Katil and Stickygoo would say that Zlatan is better. Katil even calls Allbäck Allbajs; numbers and goals mean nothing to them. It seems they like shots on the keeper or shots meters above the goal.
    Of course it does. Zlatan carried us throw the WC qualifers and was great in euro 2004. I remember how he was before his form dip (unlike you lot) and I know Allbäck played at the edge of his ability.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,640
    Katil said:
    Of course it does. Zlatan carried us throw the WC qualifers and was great in euro 2004. I remember how he was before his form dip (unlike you lot) and I know Allbäck played at the edge of his ability.
    Past performances does not win you games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)