World Cup Lounge (6 Viewers)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Jeeks said:
In 2002, Trezeguet was top scorer in Serie A, Henry was top scorer in EPL and Cisse was top scorer in Ligue 1 and they managed to leave the tournament without scoring a single goal.
yes, but what i mean is that, well look what players they have in attack, there should be many many goals in their games, but there isnt.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
has anyone else noticed how terrible the puma strips are in the heat? i was playing wearing my new italy away top and it was horrible. so far every team wearing a puma top looked like they wore it into the swimming pool and judt got out. arent these strips supposed to take the sweat away from the body???

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
what i cant understand is how switz and france again play in the same group. imo teams who have been in the same qualification group for world cup, should not be drawed together in the next group. its like a habit already, switz vs france.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #705
    Stephan said:
    what i cant understand is how switz and france again play in the same group. imo teams who have been in the same qualification group for world cup, should not be drawed together in the next group. its like a habit already, switz vs france.
    Ribery will start :tup: I think he'll shine.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
    Dec 27, 2005
    I think Croatia could make some difficoulties for Brasil, but in the Brasil will win with 2 or 3-0 result and goals will be scored in the key moments of the match, Brasil will take the lead then Croatia will try to attack and in the moments in which Cro should score Brasil will hit them with another goal and it will be 2-0. Thats my prediction, I could be right or terribly wrong :D

I think French or Spain will fumble, after watching their last friendlies (France hardly beat China, and Spain showed nothing special against Croatia despite win) they are my best candidates...

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    goggo said:
    I think Croatia could make some difficoulties for Brasil, but in the Brasil will win with 2 or 3-0 result and goals will be scored in the key moments of the match, Brasil will take the lead then Croatia will try to attack and in the moments in which Cro should score Brasil will hit them with another goal and it will be 2-0. Thats my prediction, I could be right or terribly wrong :D

I think French or Spain will fumble, after watching their last friendlies (France hardly beat China, and Spain showed nothing special against Croatia despite win) they are my best candidates...
    croatia has dropped some form, they are not good as in 98, and not even as good as in 2004. i am a bit surprised myself, but something has changed in the team, recent friendlys hasnt been very good either. i dont think brazil have many problems, and they will get a good win, not just a 1:0, but many goals will be scored.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
    Jeeks said:
    So far none of the big teams had the usual fumble. Could be Brasil?

*Jeeks crosses his fingers*

if im going to pick a team to slip it will be france, sorry but they are playing a good swiss team. it could be brazil though crotia isn't an easy team to play

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
    Dec 27, 2005
    Ofcourse they not good like in 98 they never be good like that, but they are much better than 2002 and 2004. And yes they had some dip in the form but that's because they've had injuries and food poisoning. Ofcourse I don't expect from them to win against Brazil, but also don't expect to lose with high goal result even if the Croatian defense is not that good, they makink a lot mistakes... But all in all we will see tommorow what will happen.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
    goggo said:
    Ofcourse they not good like in 98 they never be good like that,
    Assuming you're on about the French, I will say their squad looks better name by name than it did back in 98 (pre tournament). Look at the forward line-up as an example. I mean Guivarch, Dugarry, etc...

Too bad this will mean nothing, as R.D will field the likes of Barthez, Zidane and I hate to say it; Vieira. So I see what you mean.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
    Dec 27, 2005
    Soory esteban but there was misunderstanding i meant on Croatia from 98 not France even you right about France NT

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    Esteban said:
    Assuming you're on about the French, I will say their squad looks better name by name than it did back in 98 (pre tournament). Look at the forward line-up as an example. I mean Guivarch, Dugarry, etc...

Too bad this will mean nothing, as R.D will field the likes of Barthez, Zidane and I hate to say it; Vieira. So I see what you mean.
    :howler:

owned

his talking about croatia

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #716
    Esteban said:

Ribery will start, I don't know if he will start ahead of Zidane though.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
    Jeeks said:
    Ribery will start, I don't know if he will start ahead of Zidane though.
    From what I read (it says it is confirmed by Domenech) it's because Malouda is out due to illness few days ago and it will be 4-2-3-1 with Wiltord - Zidane - Ribery and Henry up front. Good thing Ribery will play, but Wiltord and Zidane... I just don't know.

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
    CauldronWench said:
    *Dance, sings, and screams like a girl (well because I am a girl :p )*

YAY ITALIA!!!!!!!!

that's a great avatar :) :agree: (and novel)

Forza Italia indeed. I think Lippi is a genius... he predicted that Kuffour crapiness and Iaquinta's goal, I'm sure. Anyway, I hope Italy continues to win and Del Piero to score some goals :D .

(btw, hope T&T beats the crap out of england...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)