World Cup Lounge (54 Viewers)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Stephan said:
source? pirlo and canna really injured?
Yes,I heared that after the game from the comentator....Lippi didn't want to change Canna because he is really important team player and Pirlo was destroyed by the fouls,but the same stuff as with Perrotta(Lippi couldn't make a change)....I hope they will be fine for the game against czechs,which I doubt for Perrotta.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
well if they are injured, i dont see the reason why usa fans complayned about cards. yes de rossi deserved, but as it seems pirlo and perrotta injurys might cost much more, as italy runs out of players.

yes it was dangerous to the face from de rossi and i dont deny the red card, but as it seems the usa player is not blind as some say, while azzurri players injurys are much worse. not that i try to defend azzurri, but i just dont get the reaction from usa fans. :confused2

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Stephan said:
well if they are injured, i dont see the reason why usa fans complayned about cards. yes de rossi deserved, but as it seems pirlo and perrotta injurys might cost much more, as italy runs out of players.

yes it was dangerous to the face from de rossi and i dont deny the red card, but as it seems the usa player is not blind as some say, while azzurri players injurys are much worse. not that i try to defend azzurri, but i just dont get the reaction from usa fans. :confused2
I don't even know the USA fans reactions,I just know that we were robbed....we will see what it will be against the czechs,they're in bad situation,as well,left with just one attacker-Heinz Marek,and Ujfalusi won't play because of the red....but, still we should have won against the USA.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
giovanotti said:
I don't even know the USA fans reactions,I just know that we were robbed....we will see what it will be against the czechs,they're in bad situation,as well,left with just one attacker-Heinz Marek,and Ujfalusi won't play because of the red....but, still we should have won against the USA.
you didnt notice the arguement between seven, andy, enron and me, in the match thread?

just look here http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16825&page=29

and move to next pages and etc.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
info about ranking in each group. considering the situation in e group i think its important info:

5. The ranking of each team in each group will be determined as
follows:
a) greatest number of points obtained in all group matches;
b) goal difference in all group matches;
c) greatest number of goals scored in all group matches.
If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the above three criteria,
their rankings will be determined as follows:
d) greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between
the teams concerned;
e) goal difference resulting from the group matches between the
teams concerned;
f) greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the
teams concerned;
g) drawing of lots by the Organising Committee for the FIFA World
Cup™.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
giovanotti said:
Andy said: "Donovan made Cannavaro look like an MLS defender"

:wallbang:

He is definitely unobjective,if you ask me.
Donovan skipped past Cannavaro twice during that game, and I was surprised by the way our favorite defender played. An MLS player should not have an easy time getting around a world class stopper such as Fabio, don't you think?

And you lecture me on objectivity. :rolleyes:

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
some calculation from another forum

ITA 4
CZE 3
GHA 3
USA 1

1) If Italy win against Czech they will win the group!
2) If a draw...

* we are ahead of Czech
* If Ghana win against USA, Ghana will win the group and Italy are second
* If Ghana and USA play a draw then italy will win the group and Czech are second
* If USA will win Ghana then Italy will win the group and Cze and USA both 4 points so they count the goals differents (USA -3 and Cze +1 now) So USA need to win by 4 goals to be ahead of Ghana

3) Italy will lose...
* Ghana will win - Czech an Ghana will qualify
* Ghana and USA play draw...Czech are in top of the group. Italy and Ghana both have 4 points and goal difference will count...So Italy can lose only by ONE goal not more (not sure what will happen if they lose by 2)
* USA will win Ghana - Czech will win the group...Italy and USA both 4 points so the goal difference will count. Italy +2 now and USA -3..So it's likely that Italy will be second then.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Andy said:
Donovan skipped past Cannavaro twice during that game, and I was surprised by the way our favorite defender played. An MLS player should not have an easy time getting around a world class stopper such as Fabio, don't you think?

And you lecture me on objectivity. :rolleyes:
Cannavaro was great,if you ask me...don't wanna discuss about his movements and skills he showed last night,they were great.

Anyhow,you become the third Nation of the WC,so far, that manage to defend and secure the result.

1-T&T against Sweden 0-0
2-Angola against Mexico 0-0
3-USA against Italy 1-1

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Stephan said:
some calculation from another forum
"* Ghana and USA play draw...Czech are in top of the group. Italy and Ghana both have 4 points and goal difference will count...So Italy can lose only by ONE goal not more (not sure what will happen if they lose by 2)"

Coin toss.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
giovanotti said:
Cannavaro was great,if you ask me...don't wanna discuss about his movements and skills he showed last night,they were great.
But didn't you see Donovan step past Cannavaro on two occasions, perhaps more? Fabio might have looked solid on other occasions, but Donovan got past him a few times which was rather surprising.

Anyhow,you become the third Nation of the WC,so far, that manage to defend and secure the result.

1-T&T against Sweden 0-0
2-Angola against Mexico 0-0
3-USA against Italy 1-1
We didn't come out defend though. We just had to sit back and defend because that idiot ref used too harsh of sanctions.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
cannvaro had a good game imo.not up to his usual standard obviously,but then again,the US played better than everyone thought they would.

and to cannvaro's defense,its no fun when your own keeper hits you on your rearend:D

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
giovanotti said:
1-Pope fouled Toni,in the clear cahnce,and he was the last man...he deserved a red for that..that was even before De Rossi's red...he got only yellow.....

2-The ref dissallowed Gattuso's clear goal,just after Gattuso entered the game....he found that was an offside.:disagree:

3-Don't want to talk about those unsanctioned fouls near the USA 16m box(there were at least 3 of them).

4-The linesman rised his flag 4 times without any purpose ,and these were the clear Italy's chances...

5-Zambrotta's 2 fouls....come on.....:disagree:

I recorded a game and wached it again.....the ref is an idiot!!!!!!!!!
Oh, my heart bleeds. :cry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)