World Cup controversy thread,Sepp seen leaving hotel with giant SWAG bags (56 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Ian Holloway isn't an honorable man :stuckup: He should've let Nottingham Forest play in EPL this season at least :D

Plus, I don't know what Platini did wrong in all of this. Okay, I understand why Englishmen hate Sepp Platter, but Platini? I have no idea, other than being french of course.

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,243
    Yeah the Platini thing is a load of rubbish, there are a lot of people in England who think Platini hates 'us', ie English people/football, when really he just hates the money factor of the PL, probably because UEFA don't get a slice...

Holloway probably doesn't even know the difference between UEFA and FIFA.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    FIFA President Sepp Blatter wants to ensure his organization is free of corruption after scandals surrounding the World Cup hosting votes, and intends to establish a new committee with outside members to monitor the governing body.

Blatter told Swiss newspaper Sonntags Zeitung that an independent anti-corruption committee would improve FIFA’s credibility.

“I will take care of it personally, to ensure there is no corruption at FIFA,” Blatter said. :rofl:

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=ap-fifa-corruption

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,252
    I notice some Jordanian prince just turned up as vice-president of FIFA.

It's not hard to see the route FIFA have taken.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,254
    Bin Hammam will be the next FIFA president, with Prince Ali as his sidekick. FIFA stopped being a governing body a long time ago, it's just a business now, associations should break away.

FIFA is not football, just a leech on it's ass. They can't do without football. The other way around, no problem.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Bin Hammam will be the next FIFA president, with Prince Ali as his sidekick. FIFA stopped being a governing body a long time ago, it's just a business now, associations should break away.

FIFA is not football, just a leech on it's ass. They can't do without football. The other way around, no problem.
    Bin Hammam and the Prince aren't exactly on best terms mind you.

No, it's not. And to deny it and say that it was given to Qatar solely because they had the best bid is plain idiocy.
    I think it was because they had the best bid. They were the ones that were most committed to make things work.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,256
    The stupidest thing about this is that at no point did Qatar propose a winter World Cup as part of their bid, yet it now looks like a reality it will happen then.

So basically they totally ignored the actual bids and just wanted to hand it to whoever promises them the most, probably in terms of money.

But then we knew that anyway really, didn't we?

BTW there is a Winter Olympics in 2022.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    The stupidest thing about this is that at no point did Qatar propose a winter World Cup as part of their bid, yet it now looks like a reality it will happen then.

So basically they totally ignored the actual bids and just wanted to hand it to whoever promises them the most, probably in terms of money.

But then we knew that anyway really, didn't we?

BTW there is a Winter Olympics in 2022.
    Its always been more of a political game in FIFA anyways, this isn't the first time, nor will it be the last time.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    I think it was because they had the best bid. They were the ones that were most committed to make things work.
    Depends on what you mean by "best bid". If you mean , the most money to throw at technology, stadiums, infrastructure, etc. Bringing major football to a part of the world that rarely sees it and hardly qualifies more than a single team for the World Cup. Yes then Qatar had the best bid.

If you consider things like revenue for Fifa, match attendance, expansion of footie in a major market, amount of pressure (lack there of) on building new stadiums, hospitality services, etc. The the US had the best bid.

If Qatar 2022 goes as planned, it's going to be cool as in space-age futuristic cool.
    The USA was a less risky and more certain bid, but as we've seen with South Africa the more risky bids can impress. Just need to make sure they test the ball next time.

Brazil 2014 should be interesting, considering they're already having difficulties.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)