World Cup controversy thread,Sepp seen leaving hotel with giant SWAG bags (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2009
Like the Qatar's police will be able to know about gay sex at homes anyway :lol:
Im sure they wont go through random check ups and invade ppls homes about it.

as for public sex why does the bbc make english ppl sound like horny b**tards or something? Theres more to than having sex in public places in british culture you know, im sure english fans could go for 2 weeks (England will get eliminated early as usuall) without a one night stand.

ppl were saying that the world cup in south africa would fail because of the high crime rate and all these BS diseases they went on about, and that worked out well.
Im sure the same thing will happen to qatar, every nation since Germany has been in doubt because of this and that.

random question to the australian users, whats more popular in your country rugby or football?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Like the Qatar's police will be able to know about gay sex at homes anyway :lol:
Im sure they wont go through random check ups and invade ppls homes about it.

as for public sex why does the bbc make english ppl sound like horny b**tards or something? Theres more to than having sex in public places in british culture you know, im sure english fans could go for 2 weeks (England will get eliminated early as usuall) without a one night stand.

ppl were saying that the world cup in south africa would fail because of the high crime rate and all these BS diseases they went on about, and that worked out well.
Im sure the same thing will happen to qatar, every nation since Germany has been in doubt because of this and that.

random question to the australian users, whats more popular in your country rugby or football?
One night stands don't usually occur in public.:D

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
FootieDebo, which rugby: league or union?

RL is more popular than football (for now). The NRL is a pretty big competition but its popularity is only massive in NSW and QLD. In recent times though its support has been dwindling, due to player scandals, lack of sponsors, clubs nearly going bankrupt etc.

Rugby Union is probably on the same level as football in terms of popularity in my opinion, but our NT in football trumps both the RU and RL national teams easily these days. Also football is the sport with the highest participation rates in the country (by a long distance)

The most popular sport in the country is AFL. A ruly horrendous sport that stupid Victorians go apeshit for :) ask Salvo and Nenna.

Sorry for the long post and straying OT

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
FootieDebo, which rugby: league or union?

RL is more popular than football (for now). The NRL is a pretty big competition but its popularity is only massive in NSW and QLD. In recent times though its support has been dwindling, due to player scandals, lack of sponsors, clubs nearly going bankrupt etc.

Rugby Union is probably on the same level as football in terms of popularity in my opinion, but our NT in football trumps both the RU and RL national teams easily these days. Also football is the sport with the highest participation rates in the country (by a long distance)

The most popular sport in the country is AFL. A ruly horrendous sport that stupid Victorians go apeshit for :) ask Salvo and Nenna.

Sorry for the long post and straying OT
One of the biggest reasons the Australian bid failed is down to these three sports especially the AFL and NRL.

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,211
    but our NT in football trumps both the RU and RL national teams easily these days.
    Really? When I think of the Australia rugby union team it's one of the strongest in the world, historically and taking into account peaks and troughs in form and level like all teams. When you name the best union sides it's always NZ, Australia, South Africa, France, England, Ireland and Wales.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,212
    icεmαή;2804141 said:
    That'd be a stupid reason to lose out. Isn't the whole point of spreading the Cup across countries to promote the game further?
    No matter what?

If the region already has these millions of fans, as claimed earlier, why does it need promoting? There are many fans from the middle east on this forum alone, and don't most of the others also support big European sides, so who are FIFA promoting to?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    Really? When I think of the Australia rugby union team it's one of the strongest in the world, historically and taking into account peaks and troughs in form and level like all teams. When you name the best union sides it's always NZ, Australia, South Africa, France, England, Ireland and Wales.
    Thats true, but since we lost to England in the WC Final in 2003 our RU team has been in a state of decline. No new players coming through (heaps more people used to play), interest waning due to always losing to fucking NZ, and also the rising popularity of the Socceroo's after qualifying for two WC's in a row. Id say were about even in terms of poularity at the moment.

These days our cricket team, RU team, Football and RL teams all suck :lol:

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,217
    Apparently a Newsweek columnist says there is evidence that many FIFA committee members were bribed $10m each by the Qatar FA. That would be hilarious if true.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,218
    British supermarket chain Wm Morrison are also going to the Swiss courts and making steps to sue FIFA for £1m for what they see as money wasted on supporting England's bid which was never going to be successful because the England bid never stood a chance of winning due to an unfair bidding process.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    FIFA President Sepp Blatter Supports 2022 Winter World Cup
    Sepp Blatter has voiced his opinion that it could be a good idea to play the 2022 World Cup in the winter.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter has voiced his opinion that it could be a wise idea to organise the 2022 World Cup during the winter months.

Former footballers such as Franz Beckenbauer and Michel Platini recently voiced their support for a winter World Cup and Blatter has now joined them in their support to move the 2022 World Cup to January.

"An important item circulating around the world, which has been raised by two great footballers in Franz Beckenbauer and Michel Platini, is changing the calendar in 2022 to have the [World Cup] matches in the winter," said Blatter on the official FIFA website.

"The agreement as it stands is that Qatar will stage the World Cup, all 64 matches, and that it will take place during June and July. Naturally there can be some changes but any requests have to come from the Qatar Football Association - then it’s up to the FIFA Executive Committee to decide.

"But if you’re asking me personally, I definitely support the playing of the 2022 World Cup in winter, when the climate is appropriate. I’m thinking here of the footballers, not only of the fans, and I think it should be possible. Where there’s a will there’s a way."

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)