World Cup controversy thread,Sepp seen leaving hotel with giant SWAG bags (66 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Lebanon and parts of Palestine have a nice Mediterranean climate. The Arab world doe not just consist of the hot and extremely humid gulf countries.
They are still hot places, I'm from the south of Italy and last year temperatures reached 45'C. That's hot and for a fact north Africa is hotter than southern Italy. Don't try to argue about everything will you :p

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
They are still hot places, I'm from the south of Italy and last year temperatures reached 45'C. That's hot and for a fact north Africa is hotter than southern Italy. Don't try to argue about everything will you :p
Meh, we have different standards to whats hot and whats not. In the countries i just mentioned, the temperature can reach 36-37'C. But i don't really consider that to be hot, especially without the humidity.

ßöмßäяðîëя;2793445 said:
Yea, actually it is.

Now you're just being an American

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
This isn't rocket science, boys. Let me explain to you how the committee thinks:

England, USA -- screw you. Been there, done that. Next.

Russia? BRIC country with an emerging impact on UEFA, not to mention heavy influence on Chelsea for that matter. Obvious choice.

Australia? Not your turn yet. The continent spread will work in your favor in due time. And there's a financial base to speak of for the sport among its fans and the supporting economy. But you're still too isolated compared to the Middle East, which has been a stronger up-and-comer with its influence on the sport of late and not hosting a WC yet.

I'm telling ya. This ain't friggin' rocket science. Get the donkey crap out of your eyes and stop hiding behind some phantom, "Oh, but our midterm paper was the best!"
:tup:

Spot on there Swag.

England thought they could get the world cup by simply showing. I don't what were they thinking, their bid was simply obnoxious and they looked arrogant as hell. Weak organisation of the whole and then they go on to say "we can host it tomorrow" . Well, we don't care about tomorrow, its about 8 years from now.

Joints bids were doomed since 2002, so Russia was the only logical choice and they had a very good bid overall.

For 2022, it would've been unfair to choose Japan or S.Korea as they just had it there. Even though both their bids were fascinating.

Australia worked really hard on their bid. I have been following it since the beginning and even though it was up their imo with Qatar and USA, they internal struggles it faced was simply too much. Paul Haggerty is one of the two overpaid consultants the FFA got and he is talking so much about bribes and whatnot. But up until the presentations, the stadium situations for the world cup were not resolved! The other football codes were still shitting on it as they didn't want "Socca" stopping their leagues. Frank Lowy the chairman of the FFA had more grace later on. But still, how could want to host a world cup when the struggles internally were still raging on. The oval stadiums would've been full for all the games, but the world cup is more than that imo.

So in the end it was a toss up between Qatar and the USA imo. I know I'm oversimplifying the whole thing but the US got in 94, this whole region didn't get it at all. And its not like their bid was complete rubbish.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Meh, we have different standards to whats hot and whats not. In the countries i just mentioned, the temperature can reach 36-37'C. But i don't really consider that to be hot, especially without the humidity.
To think i'm bitching & moaning when the temperature reaches 25'C over here.:lol:

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
ßöмßäяðîëя;2793494 said:
No, I'm being a realist. If it was better to live in that area of the world, more people would do it. More ex-pats would be seen in Arab countries, but correct me if I'm wrong, but more Arabs move to WESTERN countries....

...because they are better.
Not when you got slaves :eyebrows:

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
‎"We were and still Bedouins, we live in tents, our food is dates and water only, and we are ready to return to what we used to. Are you Westerners can live without Oil?" - King Faisal

R.I.P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)