World Cup controversy thread,Sepp seen leaving hotel with giant SWAG bags (105 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Do you really rate the WC in South Africa as high as in Germany, France and South Korea/Japan?
In terms of hosting yes. FIFA even gave RSA a very high overall rating for hosting the tournament.

The opening was rather bland & i expected more but the closing ceremony was nice.

The group matches were disappointing but after that, the games were rather interesting & i love seeing shock results. Many people complained about the games because 'their' teams crashed out. I can't tell you the immense joy i got from seeing England, France, Italy, Germany, Argentina & Brazil crashing out.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
In terms of hosting yes. FIFA even gave RSA a very high overall rating for hosting the tournament.

The opening was rather bland & i expected more but the closing ceremony was nice.

The group matches were disappointing but after that, the games were rather interesting & i love seeing shock results. Many people complained about the games because 'their' teams crashed out. I can't tell you the immense joy i got from seeing England, France, Italy, Germany, Argentina & Brazil crashing out.
The quality of the games were shit, but I blame the ball. I just didn't find the atmosphere off the field as good like in the other countries. It was a bit cold and the attendance at the games seemed a bit low.

I agree with you about shock result's. But that should not be because of the ball.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
The quality of the games were shit, but I blame the ball. I just didn't find the atmosphere off the field as good like in the other countries. It was a bit cold and the attendance at the games seemed a bit low.

I agree with you about shock result's. But that should not be because of the ball.
Well you can't blame the host country for any of those issues. FIFA knew about weather conditions. RSA was unfortunate to host a WC during a recession. FIFA didn't make as much as they expected too, neither did the organizing committee & the fact that the negative image surrounding africa put a lot of tourists off from coming over.

Had all the big teams made it to the quarter finals & all the big name players lived up to their reputation, the whole opinion over the tournament would have been different.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
Do you really rate the WC in South Africa as high as in Germany, France and South Korea/Japan?
Korea & Japan was shit.

France98 was a success just because the loads of stars participated in it,but if u compare their stadia to the SA stadia for example,you'll find the South African ones are much better,most of the french stadia were dark with less than 40,000 capacity.

Germany:i'll give that one.

And South Africa 2010 > USA 94

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Korea & Japan was shit.

France98 was a success just because the loads of stars participated in it,but if u compare their stadia to the SA stadia for example,you'll find the South African ones are much better,most of the french stadia were dark with less than 40,000 capacity.

Germany:i'll give that one.

And South Africa 2010 > USA 94
Not a chance.:lol:

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I think the subject is being drifted a lil bit. I mean what makes the world cup a success? Organization, Refereeing, Attendance, Quality of matches, opening ceremony or just location and kick-off times?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I bet that the vast majority of football fans in the Arab world think the 1994 World Cup was the worst, most despicable event ever. Yet they probably didn't even watch it.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I bet that the vast majority of football fans in the Arab world think the 1994 World Cup was the worst, most despicable event ever. Yet they probably didn't even watch it.
I started watching football because of the 1994 WC. It was an amazing event to me, at least!

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Those are actually pretty good reasons. The question whether or not you can drink there really bugs me though. Even if you couldn't drink there during the World Cup, that should not be a problem.
They're valid questions so long as everyone is held to the same standard.

I can't wait until the Sierra Leone blood diamond World Cup of 2046.
Who runs these diamond mines? Who employs the workers there? Where are the diamonds shipped to? I think you the know the answer to all the questions yet somehow the blood diamond trade should be held against them.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
I think you consider 94 as a successful cup just because of the high attendance.but what benefits you will get from fans who don't understand the game properly?

Those American fans never made a change on the atmosphere of the matches.i remember during Brazil's matches,the camera was all the time focusing on that group of Samba girls,but no one paid attention to those American fans who were not even knowing the difference between a PK and a FK .

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I think you consider 94 as a successful cup just because of the high attendance.but what benefits you will get from fans who don't understand the game properly?

Those American fans never made a change on the atmosphere of the matches.i remember during Brazil's matches,the camera was all the time focusing on that group of Samba girls,but no one paid attention to those American fans who were not even knowing the difference between a PK and a FK .
Actually it was quite the opposite. There were lots of fans from other nations present. That's why the numbers were so high.

Showdown25

Dag-nabit!
Apr 17, 2009
Yeah man, where do you dirty Merican's get off filling out stadiums with thousands of fans who don't know the byline from the byline? Sheeeeet... in Soviet Russia you guys woulda been hung and quartered. I'm surprised Fifa didn't lodge a complaint with the UN because there are clearly laws regarding letting uninformed fans into stadiums during international football tournaments.

Must be the reason you guys were overlooked last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 105)