World Cup controversy thread,Sepp seen leaving hotel with giant SWAG bags (99 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zd8lTHdj0k

This is why we didnt get it...terrible bid video...
Terrible video indeed, it looks like a Pepsi commercial!

Though, if voting only depends on the bid's video, I gotta say voters must be either 10 year old kids or very retarded.

Australia is a truly wonderful country. I've always wanted to go there, 2026 will definitely be Australia's to lose if they decided to bid again.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #829
    I'm not sure that is possible, under FIFA's rotation policy. But of course FIFA can do anything at any time, for the right money.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    :tup:

Nope, and it's going to be a disaster World Cup. Have fun with it though because it's probably the first and last Arab World Cup.

Surely it will be the first, but no way will it be the last. UAE is going to host a world cup soon as well. They too deserve it. We already have the club world cup here, and FIFA know how capable the UAE is.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Its actually quite obvious that the likes of Andy, Burke, Luca and the rest know nothing about Qatar, i'm willing to bet they never heard of it before their WC bid. Its all just them being very bitter and not accepting of the fact that they got beaten fair and square. Questions like "will women be allowed in stadiums", and "will alcohol be available" just shows their knowledge of the country.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    No one's really talking about England's bid, which was under scrutiny due to the FIFA bribery scandal nor the fact that this type of shady business has supposedly been going on since 1990...which means every WC host since then is controversial.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    “It’s very difficult to understand what happened and why it happened, and it raises a question: how this World Cup is voted for,".

"You would like to have much more technical criteria than human criteria. You could imagine you could have 100 criteria for example with a different weight and you put that in a computer and the best comes out.

“It doesn’t look right in modern life that people have to go and lobby and say 'please believe in us’.

"Is the suspicion right or wrong, I don’t know, but you don’t want a vote of that importance to have suspicion.”

"I’m very sad because I supported that [England] bid as much as I could,”.

“I am sad for the people who have a passion in their country for football. I don’t believe Fifa was conscious of how much it meant to people here."

- Wenger

Looks like the boss is bitter too, well he can fuck off as well. Forza Russia , Arshavin should tell Wenger to shut his trap :tup:

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I can't believe I just read the entire 34 pages of this thread. Too much ignorance, too much hate, too much bias and so much humour. I think this is my favourite thread and I am glad I did not participate in it.

Ok, I just did but I'm out now.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    Ahmed, I usually agree with a lot of your posts, but Qatar having more of a football culture than Australia?

ROFL.

Absolute hogwash.
    Yeah, the football culture brought to Australia by the Italians and the Balkans probably puts Australia ahead of Qatar in that regard.
    I guess he wanted to say that football is no.1 sport in Qatar and it's not in Australia.
    yes, that's what I meant.

it still lags behind cricket, rugby, and even AFL.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 99)