World Cup controversy thread,Sepp seen leaving hotel with giant SWAG bags (54 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Funny you should say that because I read this about 15 times on the forum already, almost as if people are trying to convince themselves.
Exactly. I don't blame them for being happy but saying they had the best bid is mind-boggling.

EDIT: Zidane got $15 million just for showing his face in a commercial. :lol:
Best bid my ass.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You could post a photocopy of a $5m signed cheque from a Qatari sheikh to Sepp Blatter on here and people wouldn't accept it, so it makes the idea of trying to prove bribery wasn't part of the bid pretty pointless.

Qatar have lots of money (and not the strongest bid on paper, that's untrue, its an interesting and ambitious bid but not the strongest, even FIFA reported so a fortnight ago), more than the other competitors, FIFA likes lots of money, Qatar won the bid. Make of that what you will.
:tup:

I make of it, that the best bid won.
Nope, and it's going to be a disaster World Cup. Have fun with it though because it's probably the first and last Arab World Cup.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
It'll be held in China forever then. They just need to make the minimal bid, then their population will do the rest.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That just shows that you don't know shit about Qatar's 2022 bid! In their presentation, they mentioned something about stadiums being dismantled and rebuilt in poorer nations that want to be able to host large sporting events in the future.

Yeah, of course :sergio:
And that didn't strike you as utterly bizarre?

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I'm sure Qatar will host a good world cup, would have liked Aus to get it but oh well, maybe one day.

To see us get only one vote is disappointing, I'm not sure why. The only thing I can think of is travel within Australia being lengthy time wise and obviously the times that the games will be on in Europe.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I'm sure Qatar will host a good world cup, would have liked Aus to get it but oh well, maybe one day.

To see us get only one vote is disappointing, I'm not sure why. The only thing I can think of is travel within Australia being lengthy time wise and obviously the times that the games will be on in Europe.
By 2022, most of the TV viewers will be in Asia and we are right in their time zone. The time zone was a bullshit excuse to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)