World Cup controversy thread,Sepp seen leaving hotel with giant SWAG bags (99 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I don't feel like I have to win. I just feel like it would have been super cool to have the World Cup in the US.

As for the time Zones. I don't see how Europeans complain. You guys have it the best. In 2014 you will feel my pain. In 2018 I will miss a month of sleep like I did in 2002.
and I'm gonna get screwed in 2014.

dunno what the Euro trash are complaining about, they've got it good each time :p

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Dude, you're in teh fucking middle. Every time zone somewhat suits you. At least better than me.:D
Australia would have been terrible actually (for the Europeans). Those night matches there would have been at 6am here. The afternoon matches would have started at 2am or so.
USA wouldn't have been that bad, except the west coast night matches, but still it's a 6 hour difference between here and the east coast so those matches starting at 8pm in New York, would have been 2am here.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't see anything wrong with the article. The points of worry are valid, IMO. I'm not sure about the the sexual abuse, but it wouldn't surprise me since women's rights in the Arab world are always highlighted, for good reason.

Human rights issues are very important. China was in the spotlight for their problems when Beijing was picked for the Summer Games, so it's not like Qatar is being unfairly singled out here.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Btw, If I saw it right, all the cities in Russia where matches will be played are in the European part of Russia and not a single city in the much bigger Asian part, even if there are some big cities there too.
I guess they did it (among other things) so there won't be 2 world cups in a row in Asia, eh?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Australia would have been terrible actually (for the Europeans). Those night matches there would have been at 6am here. The afternoon matches would have started at 2am or so.
USA wouldn't have been that bad, except the west coast night matches, but still it's a 6 hour difference between here and the east coast so those matches starting at 8pm in New York, would have been 2am here.
The majority of the matches were going to be in the eastern half of the country.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Do you think my opinion is based on one lame Youtube thing? Everybody know that Qatari Sheikhs are Zionists before your innovative Youtube, but this is not the reason, you Sherlock.
:lol2:

Yeah right, Qatari Sheikhs are Zionists.

So, do you know what were Sheikh Hamad's gifts to Sepp Blatter? Enlighten us, please.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I didn't insult you. Hold it.
Yet, you insulted an entire country. In fact, insulted the neighboring countries as well. Saudis, Kuwaitis and Qataris are closely connected more than any other Arabian people. I have close relatives in Kuwait, Qatar and even Abu Dhabi. You don't go around insulting nations.

:lol:
Very good one.

A fake country with fake players and fake stadiums.
:rolleyes:

The latest rep-: What a hater! You're disgusting. 7+1

I did not expect you to reply in a better way really.
:D

Do you like to moan about reps and show it to all members? I felt you insulting a country and its people deserves a -rep just like I felt your jokes in the funny threads deserved a +rep.

Deal with it.

I'm against these sentences of course, but I'm against the Qatari bid because of other reasons.

Mainly, those like you who felt it was a suitable time that the Middle East should host an event like this after all these years. Qatar is just the wrong place. The ruling family there treats people in the same way King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette treated their people. It will be their own personal event. People in the Arab world will not have the chance to make use of this event. It will just show that these events are just for rich people. Do you feel World Cup should be like that?
:lol: Where are you living man? Qatari people, in particular, are in love their sheikhs.

I'm not the one talking about Les Miserables here.

you've already mentioned Zionism in the other thread, so let's not pretend you're main concern is :gsol: the common man :gsol: and how he'll watch the football.
Exactly :tup:

You have a point. But what I was talking is that we, as Arab people, will not make use of this event, and it will for sure be full of songs and dances with swords for the Sheikh and his gang making the Arabs look like idiots who worship that junky person.
Do you want us to replace the idiotic sword dances with the 'Dabka'? That certainly will make it a better WC. :andyandbarcelona:

IMO currently, no one Arab country should host an event like this because it will be used as a chance to glorify our Noble leaders, nothing more nothing less. When we have free democratic countries, we may go for such events.
Here we go, again :sergio: Man, I feel you now, you have a miserable life. Can you talk football for a second?

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Qatar hosting it is best thing ever. I can't wait until it's 2022. It's about time Arabs host a world cup. Qatar are more than capable to host an amazing tournaments. Alot of the westerners are worried about the alcohol and women, don't worry, alcohol is already avialable in big hotels, and by then it would be definitely available all over the place, also girls too (Russian and Easter European hookers who are going to leave Bahrain and Dubia when the world cup arrives). I assure you that you will get the most two important things out of a world cup, pussies and alcohol :rolleyes:. Now back to the less important thing which is football. Qataris have a tough task ahead of them, safety is not an issue there, I would go ahead and say Qatar is one of the safest places on the planet. Only problem is the heat, which shouldn't be a problem for us Middle Easterners, but you will get used to it. I was born and raised in Kuwait, the hot temp isn't that bad. Hardluck to the Americans and the English, you guys would have hosted an amazing cup, but oh well, there is always next time .

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
ßöмßäяðîëя;2787787 said:
It's terrible that Arabs host a World Cup.

Most of them live in undeveloped countries and this does nothing but let them think they are equal with the Western World, when it's obvious they are not.
But the US might own Qatar by then so its all good.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
With what money? Please don't tell me Ben Bernanke is going to print to buy Cutter.

The Western world thinks these guys were out in the desert chopping each others heads off 100 years ago, and that's where we think they'll be in another 100 once the oil wells dry up.

So on behalf of my firm, I'll accept this one Arab Cup.

Apr 12, 2004
Whatever the fuck ever Burke, you racist American, you deserve to be stoned to death by 3 gay guys in public.
I like gay guys, I don't have a problem with them, you must.

It's a fact, without oil, the Mid East would be nothing but a desert wasteland.

Only fucking weak-ass homophobes stone people, be a man and tell me what you really think.

Fucking with me is like putting Potassium in water, nigga.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
I am telling you Andy, I am going to host you in the middle east, YES Kyle...you can come too.

ßöмßäяðîëя;2787818 said:
I like gay guys, I don't have a problem with them, you must.

It's a fact, without oil, the Mid East would be nothing but a desert wasteland.

Only fucking weak-ass homophobes stone people, be a man and tell me what you really think.

Fucking with me is like putting Potassium in water, nigga.
Myyyyy Nigga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 99)