World Cup controversy thread,Sepp seen leaving hotel with giant SWAG bags (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
They are printing what the public wants to read and what the public will agree with. Imo it gives a bad picture of the average English reader.
They are actually claiming things they have absolutely no proof of. Isn't it more professional to write "Sold?" rather than "Sold" ?
The comments about Russia and Qatar are silly and yet I have a feeling that a big number of English population 100% agrees with it and has such impression about Russia and Qatar.

You know I like you, but many of your comments today do make my point above stronger.
What is the good impression you had when you saw the Qatari bid? I mean what makes the Qatari bid better logically?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
What is the good impression you had when you saw the Qatari bid? I mean what makes the Qatari bid better logically?
I didn't see any of the bids. I am talking about the comments on the front page of Daily Mirror.
It says: "Qatar - Medieval kingdom with no freedom of speech". It was so expected from Europe and the USA to go with that. Attack the barbarian Muslims who should never win something when we're competing for it.
The media pushes these thesis, the general public buys it and we hate the "inferior dirty Muslims who still live in the middle ages and stone their women" even more.
You should be against it, imo.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
I didn't see any of the bids. I am talking about the comments on the front page of Daily Mirror.
It says: "Qatar - Medieval kingdom with no freedom of speech". It was so expected from Europe and the USA to go with that. Attack the barbarian Muslims who should never win something when we're competing for it.
The media pushes these thesis, the general public buys it and we hate the "inferior dirty Muslims who still live in the middle ages and stone their women" even more.
You should be against it, imo.
I'm against these sentences of course, but I'm against the Qatari bid because of other reasons.

Mainly, those like you who felt it was a suitable time that the Middle East should host an event like this after all these years. Qatar is just the wrong place. The ruling family there treats people in the same way King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette treated their people. It will be their own personal event. People in the Arab world will not have the chance to make use of this event. It will just show that these events are just for rich people. Do you feel World Cup should be like that?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
You have a link to a US paper that says they gave the cup to dirty barbarian Muslims?
Neither a European paper calls them dirty Muslims. It calls them a medieval kingdom with no freedom of speech but you and I both know how will the average and less educated American or European interpret it.

The first thing I read today after the hosts were announced was an article on yahoo written by an American. It used lighter words that also said how those medieval Arabs got it ahead of us, when we are so superior to them and our infrastructure and everything else is second to none.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
so because you weren't impressed it means it was a corrupt vote?

the Americans at least have a genuine grievance here, what's your issue with it?

go grind your historical axe on some other issue, this is goddamn football, not politics.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Neither a European paper calls them dirty Muslims. It calls them a medieval kingdom with no freedom of speech but you and I both know how will the average and less educated American or European interpret it.

The first thing I read today after the hosts were announced was an article on yahoo written by an American. It used lighter words that also said how those medieval Arabs got it ahead of us, when we are so superior to them and our infrastructure and everything else is second to none.
Got a link?

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
so because you weren't impressed it means it was a corrupt vote?

the Americans at least have a genuine grievance here, what's your issue with it?

go grind your historical axe on some other issue, this is goddamn football, not politics.
Relax, bro.

The World Cup is for the people to enjoy, not for Royal families to use it as a Matinée party. right?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
If Morgan Freeman can't get it done, it was never going to go to the US.

FIFA (Blatter) had already decided. Not that it matters.

However I do find it interesting the England had the best presentation, yet failed to make the first round of votes.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It will just show that these events are just for rich people. Do you feel World Cup should be like that?
I know that for you this is important, but for me, sorry, it makes no difference and I really don't care. I will watch it on TV most probably and it won't make any difference to me if it was Qatar, Spain, UAE or France. I did prefer Qatar ahead of their rivals solely for the time zone.
What I do mind is how, just like with South Africa, We in Europe and America act as if we have a God given right to be superior to the rest and how we must win and the rest must lose.
Nick is still young and a little naive, he will surely change and become a good man, but read his comments and you will see that it's the society talking through him. The society that despises those inferior races and countries.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I don't feel like I have to win. I just feel like it would have been super cool to have the World Cup in the US.

As for the time Zones. I don't see how Europeans complain. You guys have it the best. In 2014 you will feel my pain. In 2018 I will miss a month of sleep like I did in 2002.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Relax, bro.

The World Cup is for the people to enjoy, not for Royal families to use it as a Matinée party. right?
I'm not the one talking about Les Miserables here.

you've already mentioned Zionism in the other thread, so let's not pretend you're main concern is :gsol: the common man :gsol: and how he'll watch the football.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't feel like I have to win. I just feel like it would have been super cool to have the World Cup in the US.
I obviously don't mean all of us in Europe and the US :D
As for the time Zones. I don't see how Europeans complain. You guys have it the best. In 2014 you will feel my pain. In 2018 I will miss a month of sleep like I did in 2002.
Yes, but why would I care about you? I only want the time zone to suit me. :D

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I obviously don't mean all of us in Europe and the US :D

Yes, but why would I care about you? I only want the time zone to suit me. :D
Dude, you're in teh fucking middle. Every time zone somewhat suits you. At least better than me.:D

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
I know that for you this is important, but for me, sorry, it makes no difference and I really don't care. I will watch it on TV most probably and it won't make any difference to me if it was Qatar, Spain, UAE or France. I did prefer Qatar ahead of their rivals solely for the time zone.
What I do mind is how, just like with South Africa, We in Europe and America act as if we have a God given right to be superior to the rest and how we must win and the rest must lose.
Nick is still young and a little naive, he will surely change and become a good man, but read his comments and you will see that it's the society talking through him. The society that despises those inferior races and countries.
You have a point. But what I was talking is that we, as Arab people, will not make use of this event, and it will for sure be full of songs and dances with swords for the Sheikh and his gang making the Arabs look like idiots who worship that junky person. IMO currently, no one Arab country should host an event like this because it will be used as a chance to glorify our Noble leaders, nothing more nothing less. When we have free democratic countries, we may go for such events.

I'm not the one talking about Les Miserables here.

you've already mentioned Zionism in the other thread, so let's not pretend you're main concern is :gsol: the common man :gsol: and how he'll watch the football.
As you want.:tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)