World Cup controversy thread,Sepp seen leaving hotel with giant SWAG bags (61 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Breaking News: England got only 2 votes...2 meagre votes and were thus eliminated in Round 1 of voting
As someone who isn't a big fan of English football, I can say that this development is rather pathetic. It appears that they never even considered England to host it.

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #165
    Breaking News: England got only 2 votes...2 meagre votes and were thus eliminated in Round 1 of voting
    And one was from an Englishman. This is very strange, doesn't even remotely follow predicted betting which had between 5 and 7 'certainties' for England.

Albertmare

Idea Maker
    Mar 24, 2006
    Dude, nothing in Indonesia could be worse than Comcast.
    nothing beat Indonesia's speedy :sick:

Post bookmarked. I'll hold you to it unless abeeja bombs this forum first.
    :lol2: you are so mean B

I wish Italy gets a world cup before I'm too old. I want to live through a world cup form start to end and the only country where I could realistically do that is Italy, or maybe Greece. Everywhere else I can only attend a couple of matches.
    :agree:

Australia to be host WC and i'll definitely be there :juventus:

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    As someone who isn't a big fan of English football, I can say that this development is rather pathetic. It appears that they never even considered England to host it.
    To be fair England did shoot themselves in the foot with all the problems they had in the recent months...

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #169
    Yes it means that pretty much all the votes went to one or two particular countries in the first round, and then they (presumably Spain-Portugal and Russia) faced off.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #177
    icεmαή;2786845 said:
    To be fair England did shoot themselves in the foot with all the problems they had in the recent months...
    Like uncovering FIFA as a corrupt, bribe-taking organisation? How fitting the title of this thread is considering the outcomes, FIFA has bribery claims (the latest of many, many relating to their members) and the two WC's go to the richest bidders. Not saying anything happened, but that sums FIFA up, they don't care about their reputation. And then Sepp Blatter will stand there talking about the good of the game and saving the world, vomit-inducing.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    Like uncovering FIFA as a corrupt, bribe-taking organisation? How fitting the title of this thread is considering the outcomes, FIFA has bribery claims (the latest of many, many relating to their members) and the two WC's go to the richest bidders. Not saying anything happened, but that sums FIFA up, they don't care about their reputation. And then Sepp Blatter will stand there talking about the good of the game and saving the world, vomit-inducing.
    I don't disagree with any of that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)