World Cup controversy thread,Sepp seen leaving hotel with giant SWAG bags (111 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #102
    The prob is already solved,it's clear now that you know nothing about their plans,and just attacking with no any solid background about their bid.
    In practise or theory? I noticed an open air stadium there, will the matches only be at night?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    The prob is already solved,it's clear now that you know nothing about their plans,and just attacking with no any solid background about their bid.
    I've read about their plans. They don't impress me much. I know they have a lot of money to throw around.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #105
    Where is the next World Cup, which continent, and what is the richest country there?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Fill me in. I get it from Nick's opening post that Qatar got 2022. Who got 2018?

Edit: Russia, nevermind.

Forza Russia and Qatar.
    England and USA :lol: :lol: :lol:

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    ""We will have to take the help of technology to counter the harsh weather. We have already set in motion the process. A stadium with controlled temperature is the answer to the problem. We have other plans up our sleeves as well." The first five proposed stadiums are planned to employ cooling technology capable of reducing temperatures within the stadium by up to 20 degrees Celsius."

Also, after the WC Qatar is planning to donate the stadiums to poor countries.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    Looks great, yeah we know rich Sheikh's can build brilliant things in the middle of the sea or desert, but what does the rest of the bid have going for it?

Is it a middle-eastern or Arab World Cup rather than a Qatar one? It's not a World Cup for 1.7m people in a little country is it, let's be honest. So it's to give the middle east direct access to a World Cup, aside from the whole money thing.

How will it cater for average fans who want to attend the tournament, both from the region and afar?
    is Japan not one of the most expensive countries in the world?

they managed it, didn't they.

they have 12 (make it 10) years to get everything ready, and they can afford it very easily.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #117
    From afar, obviously not good.

How much is a hotel room in Qatar, for instance?
    Well of course anywhere during World Cup time is going to be expensive to book, but I'm getting dizzy thinking about the numbers. Maybe they will have to build many more mid-level hotels especially for this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 111)