Jul 21, 2006
juve_baby said:
Turkey lost the match against argentina:((((

but we'll play for the 5th place.......
:cry: we played well on the 1rst and 4th

but no one was there for the Rebounds

and why is ibrahim sitting in the bench he didn't play much we needed him

gonlum missed 3 dunks :cry:

but turkey's dunks are way better than argentina:)

mcrae

Jun 3, 2004
Good work Greece!

those supposedely better basketball players of the universe couldn't defend against a simple pick n roll for the whole 2nd half...and at the end half of them just left without shaking hands...what a class act :disagree:

GREECE 101-95 USA

Jan 7, 2004
Juve Bella said:
:cry: we played well on the 1rst and 4th

but no one was there for the Rebounds

and why is ibrahim sitting in the bench he didn't play much we needed him

gonlum missed 3 dunks :cry:

but turkey's dunks are way better than argentina:)

you guys goooooot owend, big time. it wasnt even a game

natedizzle89

Jan 11, 2006
This is a bigger upset then greece winning Euro 2004. These Greeks and their upsets. Anyways props to them. Its becus Team USA didn't have any Utah Jazz Players. Forza Utah Jazz!!!:p

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
good on Greece i have to say....Mybe this shows that the American team is more about the show than the play

mybe that win would cheer Lillianna up :tup:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Oh man, I can't believe Greece scored so much. Props to them. :tup: We really need to get some three point shooters. And a good job to the US squad, at least they're in the medal round this year. Not bad for a bunch of kids and a college coach. They have a young nucleus and should be around for the next big dance.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Enron said:
Oh man, I can't believe Greece scored so much. Props to them. :tup: We really need to get some three point shooters. And a good job to the US squad, at least they're in the medal round this year. Not bad for a bunch of kids and a college coach. They have a young nucleus and should be around for the next big dance.

I still can't understand how they couldn't defend a simple pick and roll. I also couldn't comprehend how the simple notion of forcing a left-handed point guard to go to his right was lost on this team.

Anyway, not as bad of a showing as it could have been. They are still lacking a perimiter defender, and a player who isn't afraid to take the game winning shot with the game on the line.

Thankfully, that particular player in question will be back for the Olympic qualifiers and the Olympic Games in 2008, and that person is Kobe Bryant.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
MrsPado'sShoes said:
I still can't understand how they couldn't defend a simple pick and roll. I also couldn't comprehend how the simple notion of forcing a left-handed point guard to go to his right was lost on this team.

Anyway, not as bad of a showing as it could have been. They are still lacking a perimiter defender, and a player who isn't afraid to take the game winning shot with the game on the line.

Thankfully, that particular player in question will be back for the Olympic qualifiers and the Olympic Games in 2008, and that person is Kobe Bryant.
Kobe isn't the answer. Coach K was a good try. My dad and I have an ongoing discussion about the solution to our international basketball woes. It's college players, amatuers who's defensive and thinking skills haven't been ruined by pro ball. The only question is who? I say throw the national title winners in there and he says hold a try out in the summer while the NBA is still doing its 8 month playoff. Call me crazy, but I think its either that or let the And 1 guys do their thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)