World Cup 2022 LIVE thread (27 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Looks like an angry grandpa in that pic.
He is a grandpa just about. In the Ghana match, he was paired with a CB that was less than half his age.

Still, dumb crap to say. Portugal got outplayed on the day. I'm impressed with Santos, who will take a lot of heat as coach. He did everything right. But the players just couldn't deliver. Every Bruno pass, every header, every shot was almost a meter off.

And yeah, their keeper totally flubbed by coming out of goal and not making contact with the ball (keeper rule #1 if not top 3). But even without that goal, I could even see Morocco winning in XT on PKs. So props to them. This was their match, and it wasn't Portugal's.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Yes, although I think you'd get a similar response from someone from Wales or NI.
Nah, not about the comment, I already thought you were Scottish and you reminded me of a World Cup stat I saw recently: your NT played 8 times in World Cups and never passed the group :shocked: I know you're aware of this, but I found the stat astonishing. The worst WC record of all time :D

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
I'm impressed with the GKs in this WC. They normally don't get the credit but so many heroic and important saves that make difference between winning and losing

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Nah, not about the comment, I already thought you were Scottish and you reminded me of a World Cup stat I saw recently: your NT played 8 times in World Cups and never passed the group :shocked: I know you're aware of this, but I found thestat astonishing. The worst WC record of all time :D
I knew we'd never made it out of the group but actually surprised it is the worst of all time. I'd have thought there'd have been other minnows to have never made it out of the group.

We had some good players over the years but will always struggle to get a strong enough squad with it being a small country. We also have a terrible mentality at all levels of focusing on size of footballers rather than technical ability. Plus a deep routed cultural drinking issue doesn't help. I think these factors hold us back from being like a Croatia who is also a small country but massively more succesful.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I knew we'd never made it out of the group but actually surprised it is the worst of all time. I'd have thought there'd have been other minnows to have never made it out of the group.

We had some good players over the years but will always struggle to get a strong enough squad with it being a small country. We also have a terrible mentality at all levels of focusing on size of footballers rather than technical ability. Plus a deep routed cultural drinking issue doesn't help. I think these factors hold us back from being like a Croatia who is also a small country but massively more succesful.
Btw, your nickname+my nickname, gives the first and last name of my childhood's favorite player. I watched him tens of times as a kid on my home team's stadium. In 1996 he joined Juve and that's one of the main reasons why I became a Juve fan. Screw him for that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)