World Cup 2022 LIVE thread (31 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
They are playing absolutely lovely football as always, just lack more concentration when finishing their chances, but IMO they will qualify, should beat Aus
:disagree:

This ain’t it chief. Don’t write off us Strayans. What we lack in quality we make up for in heart, determination, physicality and togetherness as a squad.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Socceroos should be Strayans. I’m telling you, you cannot take a team seriously when its nickname sounds like a children’s breakfast cereal.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Germany gonna get their ass kicked today I fear.

Will be very surprised if they manage to win this game let alone get a draw.

They're having a good team on paper, but something is just missing big time, especially a true number 9.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Germany gonna get their ass kicked today I fear.

Will be very surprised if they manage to win this game let alone get a draw.

They're having a good team on paper, but something is just missing big time, especially a true number 9.
That's been missing for a while though. Not that I care too much, but Flick isn't exactly doing the best job and I expected more from him after his Bayern stint. The squad certainly isn't as bad as it looks right now.

Starting weird backlines and too light midfields is costing us.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
That's been missing for a while though. Not that I care too much, but Flick isn't exactly doing the best job and I expected more from him after his Bayern stint. The squad certainly isn't as bad as it looks right now.

Starting weird backlines and too light midfields is costing us.
True and I don't get why he left Hummels out. Hummels is still a better defender than Kehrer, Schlotterbeck and Süle. And this Germany team needs an experienced player in that backline right now.

Goalie, midfield and wings are quite good on paper, but the attack along with the CB's and full backs are truly the Germans weakest links.

Germany needs to rethink themselves again like they did in the mid 00's. Playing without a true number 9 just doesn't cut it, and their last good full back was Lahm and he retired more than 8 years ago ffs. :lol:

Last edited:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
True and I don't get why he left Hummels out. Hummels is still a better defender than Kehrer, Schlotterbeck and Süle. And this Germany team needs an experienced player in that backline right now.

Goalie, midfield and wings are quite good on paper, but the attack along with the CB's and full backs are truly the Germans weakest links.

Germany needs to rethink themselves again like they did in the mid 00's. Playing without a true number 9 just doesn't cut it, and their last good full back was Lahm and he retired more than 8 years ffs. :lol:
Yeah, it's nice having a real #9, but you can do without. But not having a good fullback since Lahm really is the biggest joke. All the shitty players coaches tried in the fullback position over the years :lol:

I too would have brought Hummels. Slow as fuck, sure, but more brains than the combined rest of the CB's in the squad.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Yeah, it's nice having a real #9, but you can do without. But not having a good fullback since Lahm really is the biggest joke. All the shitty players coaches tried in the fullback position over the years :lol:

I too would have brought Hummels. Slow as fuck, sure, but more brains than the combined rest of the CB's in the squad.
It's just that when you watch Germany play you really miss the Klose, Gomez, Podolski, Klinsmann etc kind of striker. Germany was always known to have a real target man/number 9 up front. Müller, Havertz, Gnabry etc are good players but they're not real strikers and are better in other roles.

To see the Germans play the useless ball possession back and forth and then not doing anything with it is just depressing, 100% they'd have won the game against Japan with a real striker up front. Someone like Klose would've made them win that game 2-0 instead of losing it 1-2.

But I fully agree with you, them never replacing Lahm is a big fat joke. And trying all those useless combinations and players there just never worked. Gosens might have been a solution, but it seems that ship has sailed for now as well.

Hummels is slow as fuck as you also says, but he can lead the backline way better than a shitty Kehrer, Schlotterbeck (who's talented but got no experience in this stage), and then a big tank like Süle who switch off mentally way too much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)