Working around the transfer window (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Righto, as we all know you can buy players only during the summer (July 1st-September 1st) or winter (January 1st-February 1st) transfer window. But, the rules say you can sign players without contracts whenever you want, regardless of the transfer window.

So, if the TW is closed and a club needs a player badly, couldnt it just sign a precontract with the player tht he will join when he's released from his contract and then pay the club not to sell his contract, but to tear it up. That way he'd be a free agent, a player without a club and we could sign him in March if we wanted to.

Do you think it could work?

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
We'd probably get a fine slapped on us, and the rules would be changed

very interesting though

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    It would be outlawed pretty quickly, but I dont think we can be fined tho. They cant fine us for something that isnt illegal. I wonder if it could work... I'll contact Moggi and tell him this, maybe he'll listen ;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I guess we wouldn't get a fine, but i'd hate to see Moggi stooping to the tactics Ferguson uses to sign players

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    Hell, I dnt care if we use scare tactics, just get us some new players.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    i guess it doesn't matter anymore.

but the way Fergie sent Mexes a Man U jersey with his name on it just wants to make me stab him with a blunt object

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
    i guess it doesn't matter anymore.

but the way Fergie sent Mexes a Man U jersey with his name on it just wants to make me stab him with a blunt object
    Maybe you shouldn't be listening to eminem! (his Cd should read: Not suitable for childrean and Graham Bae!) :D

but i agree, yes... that's just classless.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ....:confused: wtf does eminem have to do with this?? anyways it wouldn't help, i don't buy CDs anyway :p

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

do you really fail to see the connnection between eminem and: ??
    :D
    bah, i'm sure people who don't listen to Eminem feel the same way ;)

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #13
    I was talking about this:

You can always sign a contract with a player that is out of contract (meaning he has no club).

So, we pay a club to tear up (release) the player from his contract. That way he'd be a free agent and we could sign him regardless of the transfer windos.

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

You can always sign a contract with a player that is out of contract (meaning he has no club).

So, we pay a club to tear up (release) the player from his contract. That way he'd be a free agent and we could sign him regardless of the transfer windos.
    if it was that easy, people would do it all the time

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

That's basically what happens in a transfer. That kind of operation is limited to the transfer windows.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18
    Yeah, but it could be stealth. They dissolve his contract, let him be a free agent for a day and then we sign him.

It could work :undecide:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)