Wojciech Szczęsny (214 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
He didn’t even run to try to stop it.
that's the last thing he should be blamed for. that would have been a completely useless effort, he had absolutely zero chance

anyway, for me perin should have been given a chance to start a string of games even last season. tek is better with his feet, his passing is much more reliable than perin's, but between the posts i have a feeling that it wouldn't even be close. last perin brainfart was years ago while tek makes inexplicable decisions and mistakes way too frequently

Buy on AliExpress.com

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
that's the last thing he should be blamed for. that would have been a completely useless effort, he had absolutely zero chance

anyway, for me perin should have been given a chance to start a string of games even last season. tek is better with his feet, his passing is much more reliable than perin's, but between the posts i have a feeling that it wouldn't even be close. last perin brainfart was years ago while tek makes inexplicable decisions and mistakes way too frequently
I feel like it's a zero risk thing to give Perin a run of games. Real-world footballers don't have a numbered overall rating, but if they did Perin and Wojtek would probably be almost the same, with Perin being better at the stuff that decides games as you say.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Far too many times throughout this banter era he is seen almost unbothered and smiling, almost treating all of this episodes as a silly joke that will be forgotten soon when in reality he has actually become a joke himself, an overpaid one that is.

- - - Updated - - -

Also people here overrating Perin…. Like seriously, he is just as inconsistent and shaky, his only plus being to have played less resulting in less mistakes and not being an overpaid merchant.

We need to do better, a guy in his prime years that is comfortable to stay so many years as a back up to Tek says it all about his confidence.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Far too many times throughout this banter era he is seen almost unbothered and smiling, almost treating all of this episodes as a silly joke that will be forgotten soon when in reality he has actually become a joke himself, an overpaid one that is.

- - - Updated - - -

Also people here overrating Perin…. Like seriously, he is just as inconsistent and shaky, his only plus being to have played less resulting in less mistakes and not being an overpaid merchant.

We need to do better, a guy in his prime years that is comfortable to stay so many years as a back up to Tek says it all about his confidence.
Maybe we are spoilt by buffon and casillas standards but even Donnarumma considered to be next best has mistakes in his game.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Maybe we are spoilt by buffon and casillas standards but even Donnarumma considered to be next best has mistakes in his game.
All the GK’s have mistakes in them that is for sure, it just depends on the timing and how costly they end up to be, Sczszesny’s for example have more often than not resulted in costing us very important points.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
We're back to Arsenal Tek
and jj has somehow become the arsenal tek used to play for :snoop:

btw i can't even blame players for individual errors. yeah it's surely annoying and frustrating but who are we kidding. evra talked about the insane workrate and discipline at juventus, which was heartwarming to listen to. too bad that club doesn't exist anymore. somehow we need to rediscover the same enthusiasm and willingness to prove ourselves as a club that started the winning streak with agnelli, marotta and conte. now we might have our next marotta, but our president is a passenger and all the coach has is the faded glory of his own winning streak. bottom line is that it all starts with the club. not a single good juventus was lead by nobodies.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008

He cost us 1st and 3rd goal. Not this one.
Detail matters and this was a bad performance and bad day for him. Made us chasing for the 1st goal and when we levelled for 2nd goal, we have chance to turn it around but third goal concede kill the us.

Hope the players learn from it like what Allegri said.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
It's a disgrace that after being blessed with Buffon for so many years we now have to look at such an ugly face.
The thing is Buffon is obviously irreplaceable.

We didn't even try, though. We signed this uninspiring, uninspired goalkeeper and went all in on him, instead of one of the promising young keepers of Serie A at the time. There was Donarumma but also others. Scuffet is a name I recall who obviously didn't work out, but I regret that we didn't try and find the next Buffon and instead settled for somebody so devoid of charisma that none of us have learned how to spell his name after 5+ years.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
The thing is Buffon is obviously irreplaceable.

We didn't even try, though. We signed this uninspiring, uninspired goalkeeper and went all in on him, instead of one of the promising young keepers of Serie A at the time. There was Donarumma but also others. Scuffet is a name I recall who obviously didn't work out, but I regret that we didn't try and find the next Buffon and instead settled for somebody so devoid of charisma that none of us have learned how to spell his name after 5+ years.
Yea we didn't even try.

Something I always liked about Juve was that they always made sure the goalkeeper and defense were solid first before anything. Then it seems like we lost our way and alot of our old traditions.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Inexplicable how we still have this mediocre hack for so many years when Perin is just as good/bad and while in that same period Inter and Milan have done serious smart business with Onana and Maignan

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
And we are trying to extend him for the sake of amortization:wallbang:

:fab3::fab3::woj:

- - - Updated - - -

F6wZ05mWsAAIKpP.jpg

new meme material :lol:

I love this. Incredibly cool.

It reminds me of Miller's Crossing:
  • Verna: What're you chewin' over?
  • Tom Reagan: Dream I had once. I was walkin' in the woods, I don't know why. Wind came up and blew me hat off.
  • Verna: And you chased it, right? You ran and ran, finally caught up to it and you picked it up. But it wasn't a hat anymore and it changed into something else, something wonderful.
  • Tom Reagan: Nah, it stayed a hat and no, I didn't chase it. Nothing more foolish than a man chasin' his hat.
I wonder if this dialogue is what went through Tek's mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 212)