Wojciech Szczęsny (24 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
One thing i think that everyone expects and can agree on is that he will most likely start the next couple of games aswell to help him regain 'confidence', Empoli aside there will also be a quick succesion of tuff games against Napoli and then Milan right after, so let's just wait and see how he(and we as a result) will come out of it before we completely give up on him i guess, altough i admit right now while still in the heat of the moment is quite hard to not want him already benched or thrown out...

I reckon that in case things will go even more downhill with him the next few weeks he might not even be starting in goal by the time the Milan game comes around.
Start Pinsoglio!

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Second mistake doesn't even worry me that much, it could happen to anyone when they're not careful.

But the first one... Not only did he spill a weak shot going right at him, he let they guy that shot the ball get to the second one before him even though he was closer. Dropping simple balls is the mark of a GK who does not have his confidence anymore and I can't remember the last one who made the type of mistakes he did over the last 10 months coming back into form.

I would honestly just give a chance to Israel. I know it's not going to happen, but he can't possibly be worse than this and the reward could be we get a young homegrown gem for the next two decades. He impressed me so much in that A vs B team game.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Second mistake doesn't even worry me that much, it could happen to anyone when they're not careful.

But the first one... Not only did he spill a weak shot going right at him, he let they guy that shot the ball get to the second one before him even though he was closer. Dropping simple balls is the mark of a GK who does not have his confidence anymore and I can't remember the last one who made the type of mistakes he did over the last 10 months coming back into form.

I would honestly just give a chance to Israel. I know it's not going to happen, but he can't possibly be worse than this and the reward could be we get a young homegrown gem for the next two decades. He impressed me so much in that A vs B team game.
Israel, who's that? :shifty: Do we even have a thread for him?

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I wonder if the fact that Juve was trying to replace him has had an effect on his motivation. Look at his body language recently. Complete indifference.

I also don’t believe for a second that Allegri told management not to get Donnarumma and he was happy with Tek. I think they realized they couldn’t get him because no one would take Tek.

Btw there’s a nice middle ground between Tek and Donnarumma. Even Agresti is suggesting that Perin get a shot, as yesterday’s performance wasn’t a one off, but rather a continuation of last season. I don’t think Max will make the switch just yet, but it’s gotta be closer than ever. And once that switch is made, they have to commit to Perin for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Israel, who's that? :shifty: Do we even have a thread for him?
He did look great in that friendly but last season had multiple shaky performances that didn’t look too different from what Tek did yesterday. But he’s still young so maybe he’s matured. Will be interesting to see if he takes a jump this season.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Mistakes like these is what made De Gea turn from top 5 GK to average. szcesney, needs confidence but only way is to play, and that is a risk. Sadly for him he doesn't have Buffon around to give him a GK mental advice. No easy solution here sadly.

Allegri won't dump so let's all pray szcesney recovers.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015

It's like watching a different GK compared to this 2021 version of Sczszesny... he had some shaky moments even back then but far long apart from eachother and mostly still never ended up actually costing us so overall he was as solid as you could get, now fast forward to present today and i can hardly imagine him making even a couple of those saves that we can see in the first 1,2mins of that video... really got to get his shit together or if it keeps going downhill from here just let Perin or the U23 guy start for a while, which also wouldn't inspire much confidence either but atm is hard to believe that any of them could do worst than what we've seen yesterday.

Last edited:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
This “I know he sucks but let’s support him because we don’t have any other choice “ is not the strongest defense, I reckon.
It’s a dork loser mentality lmao. If it was just one or two bad games, or if he was a young player, of course you should still support him. But its none of that. He’s getting paid too much money and has too much experience to just blindly support him. His performances aren’t acceptable, and if the club won’t hold him accountable, then at least the fans should.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)